Comparison of Concierge Lounges and Offerings?

Chernabog#1fan

DVCOwner
Hi Everyone -

I was wondering if anyone could provide details about your stays in Concierge as I am trying to decide which hotel would be best. We have done Paradise Pier and have enjoyed the offerings, but it closes at 8 and I would like to be able to enjoy some of the offerings later at night. I am also thinking the Grand is more convenient if we want to walk back and forth from the parks to the room during the day.

Any advice or pictures would be appreciated!

You will probably get better answers than mine, as I've not been to either lounge in a couple of years, but here's what I can tell you. GCH just remodeled their lounge and I've heard it's quite nice. It was always my preferred CL, because I like the setup and offerings the best, but I've not been there in person for the new lounge. Lunch, in particular, was far better than DLH lounge, though I do love the homemade potato chips at DLH. Still, you could get lots of food offerings throughout the day at GCH, including little sandwiches near lunchtime that included salmon, which I found better for my tastes mid-day. The space at GCH has a better layout as well--seems a lot bigger, for one thing, and I love the balcony. DLH lounge is on 2 levels with some tight negotiating necessary sometimes. It's also much more likely you'll be on the same floor as the lounge at GCH, since the DLH lounge is on the top floor of Adventure Tower where all of the Signature Suites are found, so relatively few regular rooms are on that floor.

One other difference is that the concierge people at GCH have their desks located on the balcony outside of the lounge, while at DLH they are inside the lounge itself. Not sure if there is a benefit to one over the other, but thought I'd throw it in.

Just back from the Grand. We usually get 5th floor, so still have to use the elevator to get to the lounge. They still offer pretty much the same food offerings as before, but I think they took my complaint about timing into account as breakfast is 630a-1030a, "lunch" starts at 1130 and runs til 330, then evening starts at 5-7 and dessert at 8-10. Better selection of teas than before. Kids enjoyed it.

We are usually at the DLH, we like the food offerings here the best. Mickey waffles are a hit with the grand kids. I think for me, it feels more like home, so it is my preference. (Servers know us, welcome us home.)

Either way, you can't go wrong.

Just back from the Grand. We usually get 5th floor, so still have to use the elevator to get to the lounge. They still offer pretty much the same food offerings as before, but I think they took my complaint about timing into account as breakfast is 630a-1030a, "lunch" starts at 1130 and runs til 330, then evening starts at 5-7 and dessert at 8-10. Better selection of teas than before. Kids enjoyed it.

We are usually at the DLH, we like the food offerings here the best. Mickey waffles are a hit with the grand kids. I think for me, it feels more like home, so it is my preference. (Servers know us, welcome us home.)

Either way, you can't go wrong.
Evening starts at 5pm now? Last month I was there pre-Xmas and I swear they had changed it to 4:30pm and even mentioned to us the hours for dinner had been changed to start at 4:30pm.

I and others put photos up in the GCH thread of the renovated food offerings and gave a some reviews. Sorry can't comment on DLH as haven't tried it yet, but I hear good things- mostly from @Malcon10t who informed us mimosas were a CL offering (GCH caught up there putting the mimosa bar out instead of asking) and now MICKEY WAFFLES?! I have GOT to get the rest of my fam on board with DLH but they just won't part ways with GCH- one of these days!

I always thought the PPH lounge was the best, with the notable exception you've already noted that it closes so early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter