• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Compare RCCL to DCL with food allergies.

RedM94

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

I am hoping someone with life threatening food allergies is an RCCL veteran. Because of our son's life threatening food allergens to both peanuts and sesame, we have gravitated toward DCL. Disney in general has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to food allergies.

If you're have sailed both DCL and RCCL with food allergies, I would appreciate hearing your experiences.

Thank you!

Disney on sea is exactly like Disney on land. I wasn't worried how Disney would handle food allergies. I was concerned about RCCL but my worries were put to rest.

My daughter has celiac disease and we sailed RCCL twice - Nov 2014 and Mar 2015 - with no issues whatsoever. We shared the allergy prior to sailing through the booking process and again on our first evening in the dining room. Even though we chose to do My Time Dining, we still had the same wait staff each evening. My daughter is old enough to make her own food decisions so each evening before leaving the dining room, the chef would provide the menu for the following evening and he would let her know which meals could be prepared gluten free (her allergy). She would select a meal and the following night, that meal would be made special for her. This was every part of the meal - appetizer, entree, and dessert. And if she wanted more than one of anything, she could order it without any problem. They even brought her gluten free bread each night that tasted good (which, if you know anything about gluten free bread is a real accomplishment!) So all that being said, We have another RCCL cruise booked in Dec 2016 on FOS. I am a HUGE Disney fan but RCCL is just a better bargain and the service (at least on the larger ships) is wonderful. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter