Comments on this selection please...

1Pam

Earning My Ears
Traveling with a 4.5 yr old staying offsite. We have a GF, vegan in the mix.

Just interested in suggestions for a character meal or two and any others which would accommodate food restrictions - quick service or otherwise. Disney Springs recommendations also appreciated.

This is what I have ADRs for but will likely drop the lunch ones to replace with quick service and add a couple of dinner ones if I can find. This is since we are planning to leave the parks by 5ish (kid doesn't nap) and days are short. Is that good strategy?

Are the following good? I read mixed reviews about both Garden grill and Crystal palace. Unlikely I will find any breakfast ones or BOG/Royal Table.

Day 1 MK crystal palace lunch at noon. A friend suggested the The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen for its vegetarian options?

Day 3 Epcot Garden Grill at 1:30

Day 5 HS prime time cafe at 1:15

Day 6 Sanaa 5:30 pm after 2nd day at Epcot (last day of trip).

Thank you!

I would keep your lunches, nice time to recharge. If you are leaving at 5 I would eat off property or back at your resort.

Garden grill is a great character meal. I agree with Skipper Canteen but no characters.
Sanaa is fantastic choice but depending on the time of year, 5:30 could have lack of view of the savannah. If wanting to stay in Epcot, consider eating in Morocco for veg options.

With a little one you will really like Garden Grill. I like the food and when I have noticed that the character interaction at GG is very very good. At Chef Mickey's they tend to get rushed, on our last GG meal they stopped by 3 times. As for 50's Prime Time it is also one of our favorites (well mine). Hopefully you will get a waiter/waitress who gets into the act. I have loved it since my then 12 year old didn't finish her green beans and the college age CM (nice looking kid) picked up my daughters fork and played the plane game and fed her. She will never forget that (hehehehe)

Those look good, lotsa positive comments about GG on the boards recently. If you happen to find yourself in need of a Character meal while you're in AK, I think it's the best character buffet on property.

Those look good, lotsa positive comments about GG on the boards recently. If you happen to find yourself in need of a Character meal while you're in AK, I think it's the best character buffet on property.

Garden Grill is in Epcot. Tusker House is the Character meal in AK.

OP. Excellent responses.

If one wanted only one character meal (and 4 yr old has no preferences) then from a vegan, GF and good character interaction perspective, which would you say is the best:

Crystal palace at MK
Tusker at AK
Garden grill at Epcot
Or some other (assuming bog or royal table not available)

Also if breakfast not available for these, would you try for lunch or dinner?

Tusker - good food and great interaction (veggie options)
GG - lunch.

CP - Pooh characters only so if you want any of the Fab 5, this one won't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!