Commemorative Wands ~ Celebration of Harry Potter 2017

Are you happy with these wands? A friend just received hers and said it seemed kind of flimsy and she was disappointed. (I have not seen it.)

Here's a photo of the wand a friend of mine received today.

LZwexLO.jpg

Last edited:

Explain.....please.
At designated locations in the Wizarding World at Universal, pointing and waving an interactive wand in a certain manner will cause a brief live-action special effect to go off, as if by magic (like displaying an animation, or a simple animatronic effect, or even turning on a water fountain). Only Universal's Interactive Wands can unlock these effects. The wands come with maps that show the exact locations of where you can "cast a spell".

At designated locations in the Wizarding World at Universal, pointing and waving an interactive wand in a certain manner will cause a brief live-action special effect to go off, as if by magic (like displaying an animation, or a simple animatronic effect, or even turning on a water fountain). Only Universal's Interactive Wands can unlock these effects. The wands come with maps that show the exact locations of where you can "cast a spell".

oh ok - they are like the normal interactive wands. I thought you meant they did something different/special.

Thank you.

Well, at the Celebration of Harry Potter, Team Members were telling guests that they weren't interactive. So there's that.
aaahhhh.....that's a nice little bonus. Maybe at the time they weren't sure they'd be able to be interactive. its a great keepsake. I wonder if they're planning on releasing a new wand design each year.

aaahhhh.....that's a nice little bonus. Maybe at the time they weren't sure they'd be able to be interactive. its a great keepsake. I wonder if they're planning on releasing a new wand design each year.
Well, some folks don't care for the flimsier feel of the interactive wands, so that's the trade-off. It would be nice if they had a new design each year, but in the future, I think I'd only purchase one if it were available at the Celebration and not for preorder.

Maybe they were using this year to gauge interest. I like it when you can preorder/pay for things like this before the trip so you can pick up once there.

Are you happy with these wands? A friend just received hers and said it seemed kind of flimsy and she was disappointed. (I have not seen it.)

This is my 5th wand from WWoHP and I actually think it feels thicker and heavier than my other 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter