Commemorative Wands ~ Celebration of Harry Potter 2017

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
This might be a shot in the dark, but did anyone here order one of the special commemorative wands at the Expo back in January at the Celebration of Harry Potter? I just happened to remember they said they'd be mailed in May, but I haven't received mine yet. I don't even know who I would call to ask if they've been shipped out. If anyone has any information please let me know! Thanks! :D

Haven't heard anyone mention it on here.......

If you go on the Universal Website there is a contact us number. Maybe give them a call and they'll be able to direct you to the right person :)

Hey Tigrlvspooh, I was wondering if you found any more information on the wand. My husband and I just randomly remembered we ordered one and now it is June and still haven't gotten it. Couldn't find much more info on the internet besides this thread. Thanks!

Hey Tigrlvspooh, I was wondering if you found any more information on the wand. My husband and I just randomly remembered we ordered one and now it is June and still haven't gotten it. Couldn't find much more info on the internet besides this thread. Thanks!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I haven't been able to find out anything. I can't even find my receipt! If you hear anything, or if you receive yours, please let me know. :D

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! I haven't been able to find out anything. I can't even find my receipt! If you hear anything, or if you receive yours, please let me know. :D
So I was able to find out that the wands were purchased through Dervish and Bangs at Universal. We got their phone number off Google and my husband called the store and they said their wand order is delayed. They expect to get the wands in 2 weeks to start shipping out. At least now we have a place to contact because I didn't have any sort of receipt either.

So I was able to find out that the wands were purchased through Dervish and Bangs at Universal. We got their phone number off Google and my husband called the store and they said their wand order is delayed. They expect to get the wands in 2 weeks to start shipping out. At least now we have a place to contact because I didn't have any sort of receipt either.

Awesome!! Thank you so much for following up on this. I can't wait to finally get it!!! :)

Thank you. I've been waiting myself. I Have my receipt and was going to try to call about tomorrow. Thank god I'm not the only one wondering, thought they forgot me lol.

This might be a shot in the dark, but did anyone here order one of the special commemorative wands at the Expo back in January at the Celebration of Harry Potter? I just happened to remember they said they'd be mailed in May, but I haven't received mine yet. I don't even know who I would call to ask if they've been shipped out. If anyone has any information please let me know! Thanks! :D
I'm glad I'm not alone, thought they lost my order. I do have my receipt just in case.

Please let me know when you actually receive it. my email is franb76@gmail.com Thank you.

I contacted Universal regarding the wand situation (I'm in the same boat) and got this response:

Unfortunately, there was an unexpected delay in receiving the wands to then ship out to our Guests. We sincerely apologize. We understand how frustrating this is and please know it is not our intention to inconvenience anyone. Please feel free to contact our Merchandise Services Department for updates as they are received. You can reach them directly at 1-888-762-0820.

I strongly encourage anyone upset by the delays to avail themselves of the phone number. At this time there's NO guarantee if or when the wands will arrive (they've been telling me "one to two weeks... honest!" since June 1). Universal IS allowing customers to cancel their order and get a refund.

They have not responded to my requests to speak to a supervisor (I'm told the manager isn't there and to call back later, and when I do, I'm told the manager isn't available and to leave a message, which is never returned), or told me if they will be compensating customers for the delays, or explained the reason for the delay (I was told on two separate occasions that there was a licensing issue with Warner Brothers, and that they were held up in customs) or even explained why they decided not to reach out to their customers to inform them of the delay (I can only imagine they were hoping people would have forgotten about it by now).

Last edited:
I contacted Universal regarding the wand situation (I'm in the same boat) and got this response:

Unfortunately, there was an unexpected delay in receiving the wands to then ship out to our Guests. We sincerely apologize. We understand how frustrating this is and please know it is not our intention to inconvenience anyone. Please feel free to contact our Merchandise Services Department for updates as they are received. You can reach them directly at 1-888-762-0820.

I strongly encourage anyone upset by the delays to avail themselves of the phone number. At this time there's NO guarantee if or when the wands will arrive (they've been telling me "one to two weeks... honest!" since June 1). Universal IS allowing customers to cancel their order and get a refund.

They have not responded to my requests to speak to a supervisor (I'm told the manager isn't there and to call back later, and when I do, I'm told the manager isn't available and to leave a message, which is never returned), or told me if they will be compensating customers for the delays, or explained the reason for the delay (I was told on two separate occasions that there was a licensing issue with Warner Brothers, and that they were held up in customs) or even explained why they decided not to reach out to their customers to inform them of the delay (I can only imagine they were hoping people would have forgotten about it by now).

I will be back down at Universal at the end of this month. If I haven't received my wand by then I will be speaking to the management in person! They better hope that doesn't happen!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I will be back down at Universal at the end of this month. If I haven't received my wand by then I will be speaking to the management in person! They better hope that doesn't happen!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Why? Other than complaining or demanding a refund, what can you possibly do? I can guarantee that the situation is not the fault of whoever you speak to at Guest Relations, and they're likely not even aware of the situation. They're just people working a job.

YZi58Gl.jpg

Thank you! A very interesting souvenir. I probably would have bought one too. I hope you all receive yours soon. Given issues I've had with WB store and customer service and their lack of communication or follow up, I'm not surprised at the issues. But I believe eventually they'll show up.....last issue I had (multiple calls to customer service 3 months after I had ordered and never heard one word) I got a full refund, cancelled order, and then the order arrived 5 months after that.....

Why? Other than complaining or demanding a refund, what can you possibly do? I can guarantee that the situation is not the fault of whoever you speak to at Guest Relations, and they're likely not even aware of the situation. They're just people working a job.

HA HA i was being funny :D:D:D:D:D Obviously I would have been very friendly and nice.

I received confirmation today that my wand has shipped!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter