Coming up to my 60 days, what should I book?

Safari23

Mouseketeer
We're a few days out to our 60 day window. I'm trying to decide which dining to book, specifically the packages for the night shows. I'm going to do one for F! for sure.

But should I book something for PTN? Can anyone comment if it's worth it? Or can I get a FP for it and still get a good spot without waiting too long in advance.

And what do I do about WOC? It doesn't seem to be clear whether it'll be back for our dates. Do I just keep checking online daily to see if I can book a package reservation for it? And is it worthwhile?

Oh and the restaurants look to be the same for both PTN and WOC. Will the menus be the same?

For Paint the Night, Carthay Circle and Sonima Terrace will get you a seated view while Wine Country Trattoria will be standing only.

For WOC all meal packages are standing only, there is a dessert package that offers seating.

I would do the dessert package for WOC for sure from all I have heard about it. Do not do the Plaza Inn dining package for Puxar Play Parade, it actually costs more than the Wine Country Trattoria, has less food and for the plat parade you can almost always show up 5 minutes before the parade and find a spot somewhere ree along the route.

The menus will be different for all of the restaurants, as for if the menus will be the same for both packages, that is unknown, but unknown as they have different price points and officially you are only paying for the food and they are throwing in preferred viewing, so that should factor into it as well. Also, the Incredivles float wont be added to Paint the Night until Jun 23rd in case that makes any difference to you.

I would not bother with Play Parade either. If you go hang out in front of the bathrooms next to City Hall on the curb, they will actually come put a rope up right behind you and you have a fabulous view. I do this all the time, we never wait more than 30 minutes for a parade because we know where those ropes are going up and hover in spots that don't look like seats until they are ;-)

I did the WCT lunch for PTN yesterday. It’s $38/person for adults plus tax and tip. The menu was fairly extensive. There were 2 starter options, as well as 3 additional options for a $4 upcharge. There were either 8 or 9 entree options. And 2 dessert options with 1 or 2 $5 upcharge options. The lunch also included a non alcoholic beverage. I thought the price was well worth it for the food options available. Dinning with a 3 course meal there would be about the same price or just slightly less without the package. Our viewing area was on the parade route to the left and right of the DVC preview below blue sky cellar. It wasn’t cramped and you could either sit on the ground or stand and there were a few benches in the viewing area. The return time on our ticket was 8:15 for the 8:45 parade and we went over there at about 10 to 8 and they had already started letting people in, but we were still early enough to be able to sit on the ground.

There are no FPs for PTN, so if you want a guaranteed spot I would go with a dinning package.

We have never had a problem getting a spot at a parade in DCA. I feel like there is SO much more real estate on the parade route, it just doesn't feel as cramped as at DL. I don't think we've ever waited more than 15 minutes either. But then... Pixar Pier. So who knows.

We must be going the same week because we are trying to figure out the same thing! All I know for sure is we're doing something for Fantasmic! And if it comes back, we plan on doing WOC dessert party. Really hoping it'll be back! I think we might wing it for the parades.

Thanks! Ok so I think I'll stick with just the dining package for F! and keep an eye on WOC to see if it's back for our dates.

Is it possible to see WOC and PTN in the same night? Does anyone know the times they will be? I think we may only do one and a half days in DCA, so we'd only be in that park for one night. If not, I think we may have to add park hoppers to see the both.

Thanks! Ok so I think I'll stick with just the dining package for F! and keep an eye on WOC to see if it's back for our dates.

Is it possible to see WOC and PTN in the same night? Does anyone know the times they will be? I think we may only do one and a half days in DCA, so we'd only be in that park for one night. If not, I think we may have to add park hoppers to see the both.
It should be possible, we just don't know what the schedule will look like until WOC's refurb end date is officially announced.

That’s going to be a bit of an unknown for now. PTN (or any nighttime parade) and WOC haven’t been in the same park before. I imagine it’s going to be mayhem, as the parade route usually goes right past the WOC viewing area.

That’s going to be a bit of an unknown for now. PTN (or any nighttime parade) and WOC haven’t been in the same park before. I imagine it’s going to be mayhem, as the parade route usually goes right past the WOC viewing area.
I sorta experienced a parade/WOC night with the preview on Thursday. WOC viewing area was all set up. The parade started at 8:15 and was running from Hollywood Land to the Swings. We were watching from right at Ariel's entrance. The parade finished there a few minutes before 9 and WOC was at 9:45 that night. @wnwardii can advise on what happened in the WOC area since he did the dessert party right after we watched the parade.

I sorta experienced a parade/WOC night with the preview on Thursday. WOC viewing area was all set up. The parade started at 8:15 and was running from Hollywood Land to the Swings. We were watching from right at Ariel's entrance. The parade finished there a few minutes before 9 and WOC was at 9:45 that night. @wnwardii can advise on what happened in the WOC area since he did the dessert party right after we watched the parade.
That’s sort of what I expected. I’ll be avoiding that area at all costs thankyouverymuch!!!

Actually going from right in front of Ariel to the WoC Dessert Party podium check-in wasn't all that bad. I was sort of crossing through lots of people. Similar to if you try to cross Main Street after a parade or fireworks has ended. But given the location, it really was not that bad.

It was a bit crazy with the initial check-in for WoC. My guess is that they will get better at directing people to the check-in location/podium. Since I was right across the street from the check-in, once I got to the check-in location, there was only about 5 groups ahead of me. So I didn't have to wait real long to get my wrist band and then get seated. The WoC check-in was actually down one of the paths between the actual dessert party seating and the road where PtN was running.

Overall I think the PtN location in relationship to the WoC dessert party check-in was really good. The only thing with the location in front of Ariel is that you may have to stake it out once they start roping off the area, if not before.

I'm curious, once WOC comes back, whether it will be possible to view PtN from the WOC Dessert Party seating area? That would be super-convenient.

I'm curious, once WOC comes back, whether it will be possible to view PtN from the WOC Dessert Party seating area? That would be super-convenient.

While I didn't really try to look behind me before WoC started, my guess is that this would not be a good location to see PtN. You are well below street level, plus there are greenery areas (with trees and/or bushes) between where you are seated and the street. Additionally there will be people standing on the street. So about the best you would see is the top of the various floats. You probably would not be able to see any of the street performers either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter