Coming from Disney Cruise- What time would you aim to make first FP+?

InWonderlandMom

Earning My Ears
We (party of 3) are coming from Port Canaveral like via Uber/ Lyft to AOA on a Friday morning in early August (pre-SWGE). I am planning to hit DHS that day. What time is the earliest you would schedule your FP+ in this case? I believe disembarking the Dream is around 7:30 or 8:00. T

I was thinking perhaps it would be better to schedule FP+ later and then try to refresh and revise if travel time went quicker than anticipated.

We (party of 3) are coming from Port Canaveral like via Uber/ Lyft to AOA on a Friday morning in early August (pre-SWGE). I am planning to hit DHS that day. What time is the earliest you would schedule your FP+ in this case? I believe disembarking the Dream is around 7:30 or 8:00. T

I was thinking perhaps it would be better to schedule FP+ later and then try to refresh and revise if travel time went quicker than anticipated.

9:30? That way you actually have till 10:45 to make that first FP? Stop's you from feeling too rushed to make it to DHS on time. And as you've already said, you can always try to make the time later if that doesn't work instead of making it earlier.

Are you going straight from Port to DHS...no checking to a resort along the way? If not, then you'd be safe in making 1st FP for 9:30 or 10:00 (everything takes longer than you think). If you're checking into a resort first and then going to DHS, I'd aim at 11:00, so that if there's some kind of "thing" at the resort that slows you down, you won't feel rushed. Hope your cruise and trip is amazing!

Yes. Schedule later and see if you can change them if you’re earlier.

The last thing I want to do after a cruise is rush.
Agreed!!! Especially since a lot of times castaway cay is your last day of the cruise and you are likely to be tired from all the sun and fun. Disembarkation day seems early after a cruise of sleeping in every day. Seems we also skipped breakfast so we could get out faster. I wouldn’t do one before 11, later if you are stopping at the resort

Our first FP after disembarking the Fantasy on Saturday 4/27 was around 11 - it worked out great! That allows you to be able to not rush too much getting off the ship. Have a great time!

Agreed!!! Especially since a lot of times castaway cay is your last day of the cruise and you are likely to be tired from all the sun and fun. Disembarkation day seems early after a cruise of sleeping in every day. Seems we also skipped breakfast so we could get out faster. I wouldn’t do one before 11, later if you are stopping at the resort

Our last day is actually at sea. We've never done sea and land before. We've done them both separately. I am a little worried about tiredness creeping in. Thanks for all the well wishes and thought! This should be fun.

Since you are using a uber, you can disembark as early as 7am or earlier if customs is early (but I wouldn't count on that). I would not put luggage out in the hall to save time trying to find it later. If you wanted to, you could skip the sit down breakfast which would save about 45 minutes. It is about an hour to the parks. You should probably stop at resort to check in and drop luggage with bell services. Depending on the park (early morning entry) you could make an early afternoon fp. It has been a year since my last trip so I have no idea what the wait time is like getting through security. Changes with the gondola at Epcot and re do of Studios??????.

I’m sure you will have a great time!! I love them both but also have never done them both together. I personally would pace myself though. For some reason I am tired after a cruise and never understand why because I should feel refreshed. Lol

It really depends on how you plan to get off the ship. Are you having the sit-down breakfast in the morning? Putting luggage in the hallway the night before or carrying it off yourself? We were, literally, the second family off the ship last year and were at our WDW resort by 9:30 am. That was with the ship docking on time, carrying our luggage off ourselves and using a private car service. If you want a more leisurely morning, I would probably make your first FP+ around 11:30 am/12:00 pm.

Why Uber? Doesn’t Disney take you and your luggage???? Like DME?? Maybe it takes too long but I know I have seen the DCL busses at the resorts

Why Uber? Doesn’t Disney take you and your luggage???? Like DME?? Maybe it takes too long but I know I have seen the DCL busses at the resorts

Unlike Magical Express between MCO and WDW resorts, DCL transfers cost $39 per person each way. It gets expensive for a family larger than 3-4 people. The buses to WDW resorts also don't leave the PC terminal until around 9am.

I believe disembarking the Dream is around 7:30 or 8:00.

OP - it sound like you plan to walk off the ship as express debarkation. That means keep your luggage with you the last evening (don't put it out for the room stewards to take), and bring it with you in the morning. Skip the MDR breakfast, though you can grab something quick at Cabanas if you'd like. You can be on your way by 8am if all goes well. Then allow time to check-in at your resort and drop luggage. I'd say 10am for FP+ just so you don't have to rush too much. If you don't eat breakfast before leaving the ship, be sure to plan an early lunch - I would probably do a character meal with afternoon FP+, but I don't think we've ever headed directly to a park after the cruise.

Enjoy your vacation!

As lanejudy said, for a party of 3 an Uber/Lyft v. DCL bus is about the same price. Between the two, I'd rather be a little more in control of my destiny and departure time.

We do not plan to do express debarkation. I think the breakfast at sit down is early enough if you have early dining like we do. On the last 2 cruises, I recall Cabanas specifically not being open for breakfast that morning.

Overall, I think I am leaning towards a later FP+ (like maybe 2:00) as we may decide to enjoy the pool at the resort first. This is so odd to me, as usually we rope drop. Saturday morning rope drop!

Our last day is actually at sea. We've never done sea and land before. We've done them both separately. I am a little worried about tiredness creeping in. Thanks for all the well wishes and thought! This should be fun.

I did sea and land for my honeymoon. I can't remember what time we left the boat, we did do the breakfast though. Because we didn't want to leave the boat.

Sea and land was fun and you burn off all the cruise weight when you do it that way, but next time we do both, I'm doing land first and then relaxing on the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter