Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

Hi everyone! We are off in just a few days! Our 2 years of planning is culminating quickly. I can't believe it. I picked up our USD this morning and got a reasonably good rate of .732 so I'm happy with that. It was a little bit higher pre-election but still not too bad considering what it's been. All I have left to do is pack up the pets and ship them off to various cattery's/kennels/friends and pack my bags. I won't be doing a TR but will be inundating my FB page with photos :-)
4 more sleeps :yay:

Hello everyone, I guess I should say Hello in the Aus section, been a member here for over 12 years but I was a UK girl then. We are starting put the wheels in motion for a trip to WDW in 2018. We haven't been since 2009 and then our whole immigration journey started and it hasn't been an option till now to start planning. It's sooooo far away though, but at least once we get Xmas over we can say we are going next year!!!

Hi everyone! We are off in just a few days! Our 2 years of planning is culminating quickly. I can't believe it. I picked up our USD this morning and got a reasonably good rate of .732 so I'm happy with that. It was a little bit higher pre-election but still not too bad considering what it's been. All I have left to do is pack up the pets and ship them off to various cattery's/kennels/friends and pack my bags. I won't be doing a TR but will be inundating my FB page with photos :-)
4 more sleeps :yay:

eeep! Have an amazing time!!! What time do you set off?

Hello everyone, I guess I should say Hello in the Aus section, been a member here for over 12 years but I was a UK girl then. We are starting put the wheels in motion for a trip to WDW in 2018. We haven't been since 2009 and then our whole immigration journey started and it hasn't been an option till now to start planning. It's sooooo far away though, but at least once we get Xmas over we can say we are going next year!!!

Haha, the flight from the UK to Orlando seems like a breeze compared to the one from Oz to Orlando, but I'm sure you're an old hand at long haul flights now :thumbsup2

I just applied for the Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent position. I'm pretty sure they're going to be inundated with applications, and an Australian with no travel agency experience is probably not going to make it far up the list, but I would have really regretted not applying! So wish me luck! :rotfl:Anyone else applying?

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had a great day and are enjoying the Boxing Day festivities even more.

Hello all!

I'm heading off to DL for our second trip in the next school holidays. We first went in 2015 when visiting some friends living outside San Diego. This trip, we are flying to Seattle, driving down the coast and stopping at SF and LA along the way.

Hello all!

I'm heading off to DL for our second trip in the next school holidays. We first went in 2015 when visiting some friends living outside San Diego. This trip, we are flying to Seattle, driving down the coast and stopping at SF and LA along the way.

Welcome! Have fun with the vacay planning!

Chris' youngest brother is graduating from college in May and his dad just suggested we go over for it. He's going to Gettysburg and Chris has been talking to a mate of his about going somewhere for a boys week away and now the idea of attending a few frat parties sounds like fun :teeth:

So I've checked flights and we're looking at $1200 per adult syd-lax return. I wouldn't be invited to the boys week away "unfortunately" :laughing: but they could just leave me and DD at Disneyland for the week!

So now I'm ahem patiently waiting for Chris' mate to have a think about it and get back to us :lmao:

If you're booking before the end of the month, Air NZ have a sale for $997 return. We flew with them last time and they were fantastic. Only went with Virgin this time as we are going straight to Seattle and have a long layover so wanted a direct flight there.

Oooh I'll look at that, thanks. We prefer direct flights, but it's definitely worth looking at!

Last edited:
So instead of what it says above, we've decided to stay home and put our money towards a new kitchen and swimming pool instead, but the struggle to not be planning a trip is really hard!

I'm spending a lot of time on pinterest and houzz looking at kitchens, laundries (which we're renovating now) and swimming pools trying to decide what I want... It's so hard to settle on one design, because there are so many nice ones out there!!

So instead of what it says above, we've decided to stay home and put our money towards a new kitchen and swimming pool instead, but the struggle to not be planning a trip is really hard!

Congrats! That's a very adult decision to make.

Hope it all goes well with the new kitchen and pool. I'm guessing it'll be pool party time at your place by Easter next year.......

......waiting for my invite.....(I know. It's in the mail!!!)

popcorn::

My plan is to have it in before Christmas, so pool party at Christmas time everyone! I'll hand out the invites in person when the Aussie Dismeet is somewhere I can get to :rotfl2:

No, really....

The kitchen can wait a bit longer, because it's going to be a no expense spared sort of renovation.

Bumping to see if there are a few more willing to come out of lurkdom. Been a bit quiet around here.

Hi PrincessinOz, must admit I have been around, but not posting much. Really enjoying your trip report on Shanghai Disneyland. Looking forward to the Hong Kong part!

Hi PrincessinOz, must admit I have been around, but not posting much. Really enjoying your trip report on Shanghai Disneyland. Looking forward to the Hong Kong part!

:wave:

Thanks.

Hong Kong was definitely much more relaxed than Shanghai. It wasn't raining there (so we had a much more pleasant time there too)! :rotfl:

Most of us had been to Hong Kong DL before and we just concentrated on the 5 or 6 items that were unique to that park; or weren't in Shanghai. We spent a lot of time watching the parades. And given there were 3 a day at HK, that's a LOT of parade watching on both days. ;)

Ok PrincessinOz, you got me to come out of lurkdom :). We have a huge trip planned for 2018 and I've been religiously visiting the boards again every day for a few months- yep, I'm obsessed. I tend to not post a lot...I'm currently working up the courage to post a question over on the WDW Tickets thread - not sure though what's stopping me, lol. I think you've probably also inspired us to head to Shanghai at some point- I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!