*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

I don't think it will be too bad. I've gone this week many times (when it doesn't coincide with Easter) and it has always been very manageable.

I was there this past Dec 27-31. I think the parks will feel empty compared to that week!! Lol

I’ve been there then too a few years ago. My DH said never again.

I completely forgot about Good Friday up until a few weeks ago! I think that's the day I'll start packing! I feel like we might live near each other. Are you close to RI?
Yes about 20 min.

We have been going for April vacation every year since 2005 and as long as it doesn’t fall on Easter, the crowds are manageable.
But like someone said there really are no slow times anymore.

Same. We always go the MA school vacation week (and I always did go that week even growing up in the 80s/90s) and it is busy, but not crazy crazy busy...unless it coincides with Easter.

We are getting slammed with snow tonight/tomorrow. 12-18 in. The most this year.
My school district cancelled tomorrow before the kids were dismissed today. With their track record, I probably won’t be there Wednesday either.

Pretty sure last I saw we are in the 12-18 inch part of the map too. Agree- I think Weds will be no school.

31 Days til we leave for WDW!! Driving down from MA, DH can’t fly for medical reasons so we are trying out the auto train going down, that should be interesting. We’ll be at WDW from the 15th-20th then heading up to Destin FL to meet my brother and his family for a couple of days on the beach. We leave Destin on the 22nd and head back to MA. It’s so nice to have this trip to plan for while snowed in. No school for my kids tomorrow either.

This is day 2 home from school today. My last day now is Friday June 22 :mad:
I hope this is the last snow storm we get this year. I really don't want to go back on the Monday!!

I heard on another thread that Disney resorts are going to start charging parking fees. Not sure when though.
Has anybody done the brunch at California Grill? We are doing it our first Sunday there. We've done it twice before and it is soooo good!!

Edit: it starts March 21- Info. is on Disney website

Last edited:
Although we have TiW with free valet parking, I was worried about the resort charging for parking just to park and eat at one of the restaurants.
But after reading, it only applies to people staying at resort. :thumbsup2
We don't stay on property anymore b/c we bought a condo. but I think Disney already charges an astronomical amount for their resorts!! Do they really need to charge extra for parking???

Although we have TiW with free valet parking, I was worried about the resort charging for parking just to park and eat at one of the restaurants.
But after reading, it only applies to people staying at resort. :thumbsup2
We don't stay on property anymore b/c we bought a condo. but I think Disney already charges an astronomical amount for their resorts!! Do they really need to charge extra for parking???
Right!! Does it really make sense to hit the people staying deluxe at $400+ with $24 MORE per night?? This will be our last onsite stay next month. We can’t fly because of sensory issues, and a deathly fear of flying. I know other places charge but they aren’t charging nearly as much for the room.

Found this about the parking.

Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.
Learn more about services for Guests with disabilities.

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

We're heading out the first week of April. So excited to travel with the kids, especially my lo who is going out of town for the first time to somewhere that's far. It's the first time on a plane for them, any tips for someone who's usually medicated to fly?

Right!! Does it really make sense to hit the people staying deluxe at $400+ with $24 MORE per night?? This will be our last onsite stay next month. We can’t fly because of sensory issues, and a deathly fear of flying. I know other places charge but they aren’t charging nearly as much for the room.
We have reservations made already for trips for the rest of the year. I love staying in the MK area, especially Poly. But for the first time, I started exploring off-site hotels for 2019 (I like to plan ahead :p). We didn't get annual passes this year because they jumped up so much in price compared to the last time we had them. And now, I am seriously thinking about staying off-site. I wrote to Disney about my frustration with the parking charge, just to feel like I did something at least! What bothers me the most is that it has always been hard to find a spot to park at Poly due to the day guests but now I am being asked to pay almost $25 a night for the privilege of driving around the lot, stalking people to see if they are leaving or not!?

We have reservations made already for trips for the rest of the year. I love staying in the MK area, especially Poly. But for the first time, I started exploring off-site hotels for 2019 (I like to plan ahead :p). We didn't get annual passes this year because they jumped up so much in price compared to the last time we had them. And now, I am seriously thinking about staying off-site. I wrote to Disney about my frustration with the parking charge, just to feel like I did something at least! What bothers me the most is that it has always been hard to find a spot to park at Poly due to the day guests but now I am being asked to pay almost $25 a night for the privilege of driving around the lot, stalking people to see if they are leaving or not!?
Agree totally. We quit driving to HS and AK from poly because we’ve couldn’t get a spot when we got back. Now 5hey want us to pay to park and have to park a mile away?? We have already decided on skipping a long time after they implemented the daily room checks ( this trip was already booked and finalized). We are taking a universal/ SeaWorld/ Busch Gardens/ beach trip next year. But I can almost guarantee our next disney trip will be a Disney springs resort. They still get perks of onsite, but most of them you can get the parking/ resort fees with deals from mouse savers. I just got an email for doubletree 1 bedrooms for like $135 with no parking/ resort fees. Crazy. I’m sad to say they finally lost us:sad: My husband is a veteran so SOG in September is always an option too. Or swan/ dolphin, bonnet creek.

Agree totally. We quit driving to HS and AK from poly because we’ve couldn’t get a spot when we got back. Now 5hey want us to pay to park and have to park a mile away?? We have already decided on skipping a long time after they implemented the daily room checks ( this trip was already booked and finalized). We are taking a universal/ SeaWorld/ Busch Gardens/ beach trip next year. But I can almost guarantee our next disney trip will be a Disney springs resort. They still get perks of onsite, but most of them you can get the parking/ resort fees with deals from mouse savers. I just got an email for doubletree 1 bedrooms for like $135 with no parking/ resort fees. Crazy. I’m sad to say they finally lost us:sad: My husband is a veteran so SOG in September is always an option too. Or swan/ dolphin, bonnet creek.
I'm freaking out about room checks. I have anxiety that makes me paranoid. Do they think this helps? I'm afraid to shower as it will be my luck a cast member will do it then!

From 499 days to 34 days until we leave for our 2 1/2 day drive from outside Toronto to Fort Wilderness - I'm getting even more anxious now :drive:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter