Combo Pack question

Eeee-va

Happiest robot on Earth
I know Disney has "Combo Packs" that come with a Blu-Ray disc, a DVD copy of the movie, and a digital copy.

Are the DVD copies just the film itself, or do they contain the regular DVD bonus features? (I don't have a Blu-Ray player...it might be a bit overkill with my sweet 13" TV... ;) ...but with the deals on Princess and the Frog, I'm tempted to buy the Blu-Ray combo pack anyway.)

Thank you!

EDIT: The picture of the back cover at http://www.amazon.com/Princess-Three-Blu-ray-Combo-Digital/dp/B0034JKZ3G looks like the Combo Pack DVD has the same 4 bonus features as the regular film. We'll see!

The DVDs that come in the combo packs are basically the same as the DVDs that are sold individually. If the individual DVD has bonus features on it, then so will the one in the combo pack. :)

Thank you! Looks like that is probably what I'm buying, unless maybe if everyone's sold out of the bonuses that they've been giving away with the combo pack (since I don't see myself getting Blu-Ray for a long time).

In the case of The Princess and the Frog, the Blu-ray-only and DVD-only releases are single-disc versions each. Thus, the combo pack nets you the same thing you'd get if you bought both of those, plus it adds the digital copy version. In some other cases (such as the recent Diamond edition release of Snow White), the combo pack includes only the first disc of the DVD release -- in that case, you don't get the same extras on that single DVD as you would if you bought the two-disc DVD.

I bought the Snow White Diamond Edition Combo Pack too and was sad that the bonus features I wanted to see were on the Blu-Ray.

We don't have a Blu-Ray player now, but maybe someday!

As for PATF I bet the discs are exactly the same.

In the case of The Princess and the Frog, the Blu-ray-only and DVD-only releases are single-disc versions each. Thus, the combo pack nets you the same thing you'd get if you bought both of those, plus it adds the digital copy version. In some other cases (such as the recent Diamond edition release of Snow White), the combo pack includes only the first disc of the DVD release -- in that case, you don't get the same extras on that single DVD as you would if you bought the two-disc DVD.

Yes; if they had had a 2-disc DVD release then I would have bought that. But instead I got the Blu-Ray combo pack (so I can watch it now and in 2012 or so when I embrace the technology of 2008) for $1 more than the DVD and got a free Princess and the Frog purse. :)

Thanks, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!