Combining contracts

Goosey515

Mouseketeer
I have an OKW contract that I bought on the resale market before any restrictions came into play. My mother and I have a second contract - same resort same UY. This contract was purchased prior to April 4, 2016, so she is eligible for Membership Extras, but does have some restrictions (no cruises, no Disney Collection, etc.) If I was to make a change to my first contract to add her name to the title so both contracts are titled the same way, would the points remain unrestricted? I am just thinking that it would be nice to have the points all under one membership number so I don't have to either transfer points or book separate stays from the different memberships. We are in the process of closing on some additional points with a different UY and different resort, so it would be nice to just worry about transferring points from this contract. I wouldn't want to make the change for my own ease only to find that it is now considered a "new" membership and therefore restricted and not eligible for perks. While we don't utilize many of the perks, we definitely appreciate the AP discount!

My understanding is if you re-title a contract, the restrictions if any stay the same. Keep in mind that her estate may become your partner.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you, Bill. The shared contract is titled as Joint Tenants with full rights of survivorship, not as Tenants in Common...so her estate isn't an issue. I understand that the "restricted" points will not become unrestricted. I guess I was more concerned that my original points would somehow become restricted.

Thank you, Bill. The shared contract is titled as Joint Tenants with full rights of survivorship, not as Tenants in Common...so her estate isn't an issue. I understand that the "restricted" points will not become unrestricted. I guess I was more concerned that my original points would somehow become restricted.

Shouldn't be an issue but check with administration first.

:earsboy: Bill

I have an OKW contract that I bought on the resale market before any restrictions came into play. My mother and I have a second contract - same resort same UY. This contract was purchased prior to April 4, 2016, so she is eligible for Membership Extras, but does have some restrictions (no cruises, no Disney Collection, etc.) If I was to make a change to my first contract to add her name to the title so both contracts are titled the same way, would the points remain unrestricted? I am just thinking that it would be nice to have the points all under one membership number so I don't have to either transfer points or book separate stays from the different memberships. We are in the process of closing on some additional points with a different UY and different resort, so it would be nice to just worry about transferring points from this contract. I wouldn't want to make the change for my own ease only to find that it is now considered a "new" membership and therefore restricted and not eligible for perks. While we don't utilize many of the perks, we definitely appreciate the AP discount!
Even if you title them exactly the same I'm not sure you can change the master to get them under 1 master contract. If this is your goal in part, you should talk to member admin to see what you options are. As noted, in this situation as a name change only, the restrictions would stay the same as they are now. However, since they are the same UY and home resort, if you do transfer from one to the other you may be able to see and use the points online rather than having to call but you would be using the one transfer per year for both contracts when you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter