Combining a Cruise and the Fort?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
Can it be done? Am I crazy? We LOVE Disney cruises and we just bought our first Class C, so I'm thinking maybe I can do a cruise and the fort in July 2018! Has anyone done this combo? Where can I park my RV while I'm on my cruise?

I'm thinking we'd drive down in the RV, do the cruise, then stay maybe 4-5 nights at the Fort, then drive home. Any thoughts on how this works? Can I leave the RV at the fort? I wonder if the cruise parking has RV spots? I haven't even started to research, I thought I'd start with you guys! Help! Thanks!

labdogs42,

A combo cruise/Fort stay has come up before. The issue with parking your Class C at the Fort during your cruise is you can generally leave your RV at the Fort in the overflow parking lot for free IF the Fort stay is before the cruise. In other words, do the Fort stay first. If you try to do the cruise first, the Fort/WDW doesn't know if you will follow through and do the Fort stay after. Guess they have been burned by that before. And that is probably allowed if space permits but July is not slammed full like Easter, Christmas, and Halloween. So there would probably be room.

I'm not a cruiser at Port Canaveral but a quick google search does show oversized/rv parking available at PC but not cheap.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

Bama Ed

labdogs42,

A combo cruise/Fort stay has come up before. The issue with parking your Class C at the Fort during your cruise is you can generally leave your RV at the Fort in the overflow parking lot for free IF the Fort stay is before the cruise. In other words, do the Fort stay first. If you try to do the cruise first, the Fort/WDW doesn't know if you will follow through and do the Fort stay after. Guess they have been burned by that before. And that is probably allowed if space permits but July is not slammed full like Easter, Christmas, and Halloween. So there would probably be room.

I'm not a cruiser at Port Canaveral but a quick google search does show oversized/rv parking available at PC but not cheap.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

Bama Ed

Oh, thanks for checking that for me! But, really, the parking price isn't bad, considering I've parked my car there before. I can live with $168. Sorry I made you Google it for me! I hate when people do that to me! I owe you one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter