College Program Question

Andrew015

WL Guru
Can anyone confirm whether or not you can enter the WDW college program after graduating from college? From what I've gotten off of WDW's website, I think that you can. I'm just wondering if this is true for sure. :earsboy:

I was told that you have to interview while you're still in school, so you can do the program during the semester after you graduate.

Well for anyone else interested, I just got an email response from WDW College Recruiting, and yes, you can infact participate immediately after graduation. For instance, I will be graduating this coming Spring. I will have to apply in the Spring for a Fall or Fall Advantage internship. Can't wait till then!

Andrew015 said:
Well for anyone else interested, I just got an email response from WDW College Recruiting, and yes, you can infact participate immediately after graduation. For instance, I will be graduating this coming Spring. I will have to apply in the Spring for a Fall or Fall Advantage internship. Can't wait till then!
sweet! Best of luck with your interview and finishing your last year or school! :teeth:

My daughter is doing an advanced internship right now. Yes, you can do it after you graduate, as long as you interview while you are still in school.

I interviewed during my last semester, did the CP the next fall. After my college program, I stayed, and am now full time with the company.

That's awesome... may I ask what position you are in? I'm hoping for a position in hospitality management, as that's what I'd like to do after college. Preferrably with Disney!

What e-mail did you use to contact them? I have some specific questions to ask them as well.

I'm in Attractions. One of my CP roommates did a management internship during the semester after our college program, and is now statused FT as a front desk manager at one of the resorts.

Rayn,

I contacted WDW College Recruiting. Their email address is: wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com

SyracuseWolvrine,

It sounds like your friend has my dream job! May I ask what resort he is at? Also, I'd be interested in any other information you may happen to know about his position. (Daily tasks and duties, pay, how he came into the position, etc.) I understand some of that is personal info., but I really would like to talk to someone in the know, so you could PM me if that would be more convenient. Do you happen to know if Front Desk Manager positions are hard to come by at WDW? Do they rotate to various resorts? Any info. would be awesome!

I would like to know some of that information as well. I would like to get into business/management. I will possibly be doing the CP the semester after I graduate and working at Disney has always been a dream. So, any information that you can provide would be awesome

Out of respect for my friend's privacy, I'm not going to say which resort that he works at.

He is part of the management team. His responsibilities include staff scheduling and training, resolving more complicated guest complaints, filling in during overload times, and probably a huge amount of other stuff that I wouldn't even begin to be able to guess at.

I'm not terribly familiar with the resort side of the operation, but I would assume that resort managers, much like managers in the parks, rotate on a semi-regular basis.

Eric,

Thanks so much for the insight. Do you happen to know what level of education your friend has and what his degree is in? I'm considering a masters in Hospitality Management, but am not sure if the is necessary. My major as of now is Business Administration with concentrations in Management and Human Resources, but I'm not sure if they'd be looking for someone with a more specialized degree in HM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter