College Grads on a budget

Jennigator3

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are about to graduate from the University of Florida with Engineering degrees. We plan on staying for grad school, but we want to get married. How much do you have to spend to have a great wedding at WDW? Is it unrealistic for college grads to pay for it themselves? I have set my heart on a Disney wedding and I don't want to wait until we graduate from graduate school to do it. What's a girl to do?

Jenny B

:bounce:

Well, I don't exactly know what is TOO expensive for you- but one thing thats really important-- are you planning on getting married with just the two of you & your parents-- or are you planning on having a big wedding at the wedding pavillion- that will start you out in the right direction-- As far as I know-- from what I read -- & I quote the Birnbaums 2003 Guide to WDW without kids-- "Intimate weddings for up to eight guests start at about $3,3000; for larger affairs, figure $7,500 minimun during the week, $10,000 on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays." "...Nuptuals that take place in the theme parks (which range from $7,500 in Epcot to $45,000-plus in the Magic Kingdom) take place before and after park closing & allow couples to take their vows in front of Cinderellas Castle or in an English courtyard in Epcots World showcase..." "For an extra $15,000...a couple will get a sparkling of pixie dust & a personal exhibition of Fantasy in the Sky Fire works." So it looks pretty expensive to a college grad if you want more than just you & your fiancee to be there, but then again-- aren't most things Disney that way? It also says to call or visit www.disneyweddings.com) I hope you get to do it anyway! --I would pay any amount of money to get married in front of the castle- but my boyfriend wants the full 300 person guest list at our wedding & although I would gladly have them join me for a wedding & a mini vacation-- he doesnt think his elder family members will want to fly down to Florida for 4 days. :( oh how I wish I lived closer! Good Luck & congrats on graduating!!

Hi! The Disney intimate wedding packages are actually a very good deal. The $3300 pricetag includes EVERYTHING but photographer - you get 4 nights in a deluxe hotel, park passes, ceremony location, officiant, musician, bouquet, limo, cake, champagne - really, everything a wedding needs!
And the custom weddings are very, very competitive with weddings held at nicer venues. The minimum is $7500 on weekdays, with a $75 per person food & beverage minimum for receptions starting before 2 pm, and $100 per person after that. If you've ever priced events at any of the nicer hotels, this is a pretty good deal!
There are also weddings at Disneyland, which have a $5000 minimum, so are a bit more affordable. They don't have an intimate wedding package there any more, though - they either have gotten rid of it, or are getting rid of it shortly.
Cheers!
Heather W
8/5/02

Thank you very much for your help!! I am hoping to have a custom wedding with some friends and family and those prices are not as bad as I first thought, I was thinking at least $50,000 for a good wedding, but it looks like I can have a great one for less than that. After pricing other places, Disney actually isn't the most expensive. Hopefully I can start planning my wedding soon.

Thanks
Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter