Cold Weather Disney

I second this. Plus Florida cold is just a different kind of cold. I live in NYC now and have lived outside Chicago earlier in my life, and that cold is just different. I don't know how to explain it other than Florida is its own kind of cold.
We don't get the nice crisp cold like y'all do up yonder. It's sill a bit humid and we also get the wind chill. I actually had to turn my heat on this morning, rest of the week it will be open the windows. Typical Fl, it will warm up into the 70's tomorrow.

Cold in the southern states like where I live in SW Mississippi and FL seems colder because of the moisture that humidity puts in the air. In the summer all you have to do is walk outside and you're soaked just from humidity

Dry cold versus wet cold. Humidity in the North gets real low in winter. That's why you get so much static electricity when you walk on carpet. You don't get very much static electricity in the South because the humidity never gets that low. When we lived in SW Montana, we were always getting shocked from late Sept through April. Here in SW Florida, it rarely happens.

we were there too!!! But ours wasn’t accidental... school had already called off, so we booked cheap flights and left -27 degree weather for 45 degree weather. 😂 we wore coats and jeans/sweatshirts most of the time... but I remember we were walking into HS for the early morning magic and on our way back to TSL a guy walks by wearing shorts and a t-shirt and the cast member goes “Hey! Where are you from?” and the guy yells “Canada!” Still makes me chuckle, because cold is definitely relative.

We accidentally ended up at WDW during polar vortex, when we were huddled up in our winter coats (from Maryland) and people were freezing and the local weather people were having to explain frost warnings and windchill readings...and it ended up being an awesome trip in part because so few people were there! Yes, waiting for Fantasmic was brutal on those concrete benches, but we're ride people and had a blast. We're leaving this weekend and noticed the sudden temperature drop with eager anticipation because it makes the parks SO much more pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!