Coffee at WDW

I stayed at the Poly near Christmas, and being a coffee snob, thought that the Kona Island coffee bar would give me a reprieve from the Joffreys. It did not. I know people's opinion of coffee tastes is subjective, but I did expect the coffee bar to be "a cut above". It was not for me. In fairness, I did not try the pressed pot coffee. Is it made with Joffrey's too? The Kona Island bar offering tasted like Joffrey''s to me, and not some real Kona blend.
Different strokes for different folks :)

We had French Roast K Cups in our room at Yacht Club. I was feeling nostalgic, so I ordered some for home. On the Joffrey's site, there is a Disney French Roast blend, and a standard French Roast blend. I ordered the standard blend and it is much better.

And I am truly not a coffee snob, more of a coffee addict. If I could take it intravenously, it would be more efficient!!

I'm pretty sure at the Kona coffee booth at the Poly has a special 100% Kona coffee french press that was very good and I'm a Starbucks coffee drinker.

Sorry, just don’t understand how/why anyone could drink bitter coffee. What an awful taste!! Joffreys is ok especially with a good shot of Baileys

I think it's bad even with alcohol added. I've tried it at one of those coffee kiosks in Epcot where they have alcohol. It feels like an absolute waste of money to add alcohol to overpriced bad coffee.

DH and I just got home from a wonderful day trip to the Magic Kingdom. We even had the dreaded Joffreys coffee mid-afternoon and lived to tell about it. (LOL)

And now I understand why I dislike Jeffrey’s.

Epcot is missing out by not having a Timmys in the Canadian pavilion.

Seriously, a Timmy Ho's would be amazing!!! Western NY'er here who loves it!!

I see you all posting about pods ... Do they have Keurigs in the rooms now? I was there in July and no Keurig at the poly that I recall. Leaving for AKL next week and will definitely bring my own k cups if this is the case! No coffee open at 3:30 am for my races!!

I stayed at the Poly near Christmas, and being a coffee snob, thought that the Kona Island coffee bar would give me a reprieve from the Joffreys. It did not. I know people's opinion of coffee tastes is subjective, but I did expect the coffee bar to be "a cut above". It was not for me. In fairness, I did not try the pressed pot coffee. Is it made with Joffrey's too? The Kona Island bar offering tasted like Joffrey''s to me, and not some real Kona blend.
Yup, same experience. This was some time ago now... but I didn’t see the French press option at the bar. The drip coffee wasn’t great.

The Joffrey's serves its purpose, but yeah...I really struggle to find good coffee in Disney.

The coffee at the Signature restaurants is always very good. The Kona blend from Joffrey's (at Poly) is solid and strong enough.

Side note: I visited New Orleans a few weeks ago and picked up the ground coffee from Cafe Dumond. It's life changing. I recommend it to anyone who visits.

Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to provide help. For lots of information about drinking coffee in Disney World, check out our site: disneycoffeeblog.com

Has anyone brought their own coffee pods to use in the room? Would you just buy any pod that would fit in a cuisinart?

It's my understanding the Florida water makes any coffee worse. Probably do a lot better if using filtered or bottled water, regardless of the brand of coffee.

The only good coffee there is the pressed pot coffee offered at TS restaurants IMO. When we are on the way home, landing in YYZ and getting our Timmy Ho's fix is the only thing that makes leaving bearable =)

Last edited:
I cant stand bitter coffee, or bad coffee in general. Joffrey's, from the resort food court, isnt bad. But its not the best either. Starbucks isnt exactly my fave. But its all i've got at disney. Their brewed coffee is so bitter and strong...I cant stand it. The only thing I can handle from starbucks are the espresso based drinks (Americano is my fave). So i normally get that, and the iced coffee's as well.

Honestly the coffee is so bad at wdw that quite often i'll just go without coffee during the whole trip. Maybe I'll have a cup or two with dinner if the restaurant makes good java. Artist Point (before it was Storybook dining) had great coffee. The Wave and Kona are both pretty good as well. All three restaurants mentioned here have the french press coffee pot.

I cant stand bitter coffee, or bad coffee in general. Joffrey's, from the resort food court, isnt bad. But its not the best either. Starbucks isnt exactly my fave. But its all i've got at disney. Their brewed coffee is so bitter and strong...I cant stand it. The only thing I can handle from starbucks are the espresso based drinks (Americano is my fave). So i normally get that, and the iced coffee's as well.

Honestly the coffee is so bad at wdw that quite often i'll just go without coffee during the whole trip. Maybe I'll have a cup or two with dinner if the restaurant makes good java. Artist Point (before it was Storybook dining) had great coffee. The Wave and Kona are both pretty good as well. All three restaurants mentioned here have the french press coffee pot.

The coffee on n the food courts varies by resort. WL coffee wasn't horrible, AK wasn't great, and I've heard BC's isn't all that good.

The table service restaurants often have better coffee. I've had good coffee at Tusker House, and okay coffee at Akershus. And if you want something really different and potent, go to Morocco in Epcot and get coffee. It's small but strong and flavorful.

The coffee on n the food courts varies by resort. WL coffee wasn't horrible, AK wasn't great, and I've heard BC's isn't all that good.

The table service restaurants often have better coffee. I've had good coffee at Tusker House, and okay coffee at Akershus. And if you want something really different and potent, go to Morocco in Epcot and get coffee. It's small but strong and flavorful.
I normally stay at a value resort. No doubt we get the worst coffee there LOL. Which is why i always avoid it. And no, i dont use the coffee machines in the rooms either. I find that particular coffee (in-room coffee, any kind, any hotel chain) MUCH WORSE than what they have at the cafeteria. 🤢 I'd rather have no coffee at all.

What resort are you staying at? If it has a Keurig, just pack some of your favorite brand k-cups, that's what we are doing! :)

We are staying at Gran Destino - has a new coffee bar which I'm sure will be good. Poly had a good coffee bar.

I think byo pods or instant packets is the way to go. As mentioned, switching in room coffee to pods has not made it any better. It's still the same diluted stuff they gave us before, but in pod form.

I actually have an "emergency pack" of VIA singles that I bring no matter where I travel now. Because you just never know about the coffee quality.

Side note: I visited New Orleans a few weeks ago and picked up the ground coffee from Cafe Dumond. It's life changing. I recommend it to anyone who visits.

I'm from New Orleans, so I struggle with the coffee at Disney. And so you know, you can order the coffee from Cafe Du Monde online. You know, for when you run out and get desperate :coffee:🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter