Coffee at WDW

All@Mickey4me

Earning My Ears
We're going back to WDW after many years. In the past, the coffee at the resorts and the parks was terrible. I know there's now a Starbucks in Magic Kingdom, but wondering what's available at the resorts, specifically Grand Floridian. Am I doomed to mediocre coffee?? Thanks

It still sucks. But, there is Starbuck's at all the parks.

When I stay DVC, I bring Starbuck's ground coffee. At a value resort, I bring my own small travel coffee maker (Black & Decker from Amazon, like $15) and good coffee.

Joffrey's still sucks IMHO. I like strong bitter coffee, so Sumatra from Starbuck's, or Cafe Bustelo (espresso ground) is the way to go for me.

When we stayed at POFQ I was surprised by how horrible the food court coffee was. I don't love the Joffrey's pods, but making that in the room was SO much better.

My wife had always complained about the coffee at WDW, but she like the Joffreys pods we had last week at OKW.

I like the joffreys coffee. The pods in the cuisanart aren't amazing but they're decent. The joffreys whole bean coffee is great- we always buy some to bring home with us. Very tasty.

Nescafé was the coffee the last time we were there. I’m not familiar with Joffrey but it has to be an improvement!! We’re spoiled at home with a local roaster

Last time I used the free mugs to get coffee from the food court it was so bad I asked the man how he could drink it. That was 2 years ago. No idea if anything has changed since then.

[QUOTE="All@Mickey4me, post: 60255610, member: 631769"]Nescafé was the coffee the last time we were there. I’m not familiar with Joffrey but it has to be an improvement!! We’re spoiled at home with a local roaster[/QUOTE]
That stuff was awful. The only good thing about Nescafe was if you were drinking it you were at WDW. Joffrey's is much better but I only make it in our resort. Anywhere else I'll hold out for Starbuck's.

We're going back to WDW after many years. In the past, the coffee at the resorts and the parks was terrible. I know there's now a Starbucks in Magic Kingdom, but wondering what's available at the resorts, specifically Grand Floridian. Am I doomed to mediocre coffee?? Thanks

I know at the quick service location Gasparilla Grill they have all of your typical espresso drinks. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...resort-and-spa/gasparilla-island-grill/menus/

if you feel like taking the monorail trip around, the Kona Island coffee bar at the Polynesian supposedly has some really good Kona coffee. I wouldn't know yet, but we are staying next month at the Polynesian and I've heard it's good. I'm pretty picky with strong coffee (I worked at Starbucks for 5 years during college) and I thought all of the quick service coffee locations within the resorts were decent.

The Joffrey's presspot coffee isn't bad. Most places have it for breakfast at least. I don't especially like Starbucks but I'll drink it if there's nothing else as long as I can get the medium roast. Between the two, there's is at least drinkable coffee now at WDW. Nescafe doesn't even qualify to be called coffee. Dirty dishwater maybe.

I like the espresso from Joffrey's. The lines used to be super short, but now they have those milk shake type coffee drinks and it takes much longer.
There is a Kona coffee stand at Polynesian.

Thanks for asking this, something I’ve been thinking about! I might take some ground coffee bags to have in the room before leaving each day just in case :)

if you feel like taking the monorail trip around, the Kona Island coffee bar at the Polynesian supposedly has some really good Kona coffee. I wouldn't know yet, but we are staying next month at the Polynesian and I've heard it's good.

Yes, Kona Island coffee is wonderful!

I stayed at the Poly near Christmas, and being a coffee snob, thought that the Kona Island coffee bar would give me a reprieve from the Joffreys. It did not. I know people's opinion of coffee tastes is subjective, but I did expect the coffee bar to be "a cut above". It was not for me. In fairness, I did not try the pressed pot coffee. Is it made with Joffrey's too? The Kona Island bar offering tasted like Joffrey''s to me, and not some real Kona blend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter