Codes apply to BCV?

SYDNCLAIRESMOM

curiouser and curiouser
Does anyone know if the codes from mousesavers apply to the 1 or 2 bedroom villas at BCV? and if so what is the history, percentage off wise, in the past. Also is it true that if you rent points from a DVC member that you do not get access to the washer/dryer in the room? are there any other ammenities that you do not receive by renting points that you would, otherwise, if you reserve a villa through disney? thanks for your help!

The codes do not apply to the BCV. You would be much better off renting points from a DVC member. Of course you can use the washer/dryer in the room! If you rent points, you get all the same perks as a DVC member!

When you rent pionts you get the room ammenities the same as a CVC member, however, you do not get the poolhopping privileges , free valet parking or discounts.

I have been offered code prices for some of the villas-OKW, VWL and one other one I don't remember.

I called last fall with a code-just to see-after we got back from a trip to WDW-was curious how much it would cost someone to stay on cash instead of points.

This was a code available to anyone.

I guess maybe you could call and see.

Yes, codes do apply to the DVC properties in some cases. I currently have a one bedroom unit at BCV that I first reserved using the AXA and then changed to CZF code. I think those are the code initials, I can't remember exactly. I've rented points to use for the weekday part of our stay, but it was cheaper to do the weekends with a code thru CRO. I'm aware that we might have to move since one ressie is thru CRO and the other is thru MS, but I've cross referenced the reservation #'s, so maybe we won't have to. I don't think they have a huge number of these rooms available at code discounts, but they do offer them. We even got ours over the busy Memorial Day weekend.

WOW! Thanks Momof3 thats a great idea! My plan was to possibly rent points for a villa at BCV then move to one of the hotels to save money for the weekend. Why didnt I think of that?! I will call to see if they're offering any discounts at the villas for summer just to get an idea of the cost since my trip isnt till fall.
THANKS GUYS!

If you dont mind me asking, Momof3... how much of a discount did you get on your 1 bedroom villa, percentage wise. I figured out that if I rented points for a 2 bedroom villa for the whole week it comes to around $2700 but if I rented monday through friday then used a code @ approx. 30% off (I got that % as a reference from a recent trip to WDW where I used a code for our room) for the weekend it comes to 1500+545+545-30%+11.5%(tax)=$2350. Thats quite a savings but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

The main difference between renting pints & reserving through CRO is that CRO reservations give you daily housekeeping. DVC resevations give you just fresh towels on a certain day (4?) and a full cleaning at the end of a week.

You take your own garbage down the hall to the trash room. There should be extra bags in the bottom of the pail, or you can always call for more at no charge.

When you rent points your ID will say DVC member. Technically, you could get the same benefits as the member would (they even give you a list!). We chose not to use any of them. The self parking is more convenient than valet at BCV!!

TNMomof3 is doing exactly what we did for our trip this past Feb. CRO for W/E nights, and DVC for Sun - Thurs. We actually had 3 reservations linked together for our 10 day vacation. They will issue you a new set of room keys every time your reservaton turns over (which can cause some confusion if there are alot of people with room keys).
SYNDCLAIRESMOM, I wouldn't count on a discount thru CRO. Discounts on BCV are rare. The discounts are offered regularly at OKW, WL and occ. at BWV, but hardly ever at BCV. I was fortunate to get DC discount for our 3 cash nights, but I was calling once a wk for 5 months, and the discount came throught 2 weeks before we left!). Remember the discounts usually only apply to the resorts with high availability. I'm very surprised that TNMomof3 got a code for BCV during Memorial week, but I suppose anything is possible. Have a great trip and good luck with those discounts!

Originally posted by SYDNCLAIRESMOM
If you dont mind me asking, Momof3... how much of a discount did you get on your 1 bedroom villa, percentage wise. I figured out that if I rented points for a 2 bedroom villa for the whole week it comes to around $2700 but if I rented monday through friday then used a code @ approx. 30% off (I got that % as a reference from a recent trip to WDW where I used a code for our room) for the weekend it comes to 1500+545+545-30%+11.5%(tax)=$2350. Thats quite a savings but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

SYDNCLAIRESMOM,

I'm looking at my confirmation letter from CRO. Our reservation is for Fri. 5/23 checking out on Sun. 5/25. We did use the CZF code for the reservation, I think it brought it down $10 from the AXA code we first had. The total for two nights is $747.00. We put down a one night deposit of $384.68 which I assume is the rate we got + tax. The 2003 rack rate for a one bedroom during regular season is $435. I don't have a calculator handy, but it looks like we payed between $345 - $350 per night.

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for. We did call the first day that this new code became available, so I'd suggest keeping an eye out here and at Mousesavers so that you can call right away. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter