Code Etiquette

sandiegosusie

DIS Veteran
I am new at the whole thing so I am in need of some guidance. I already have ressies for Feb 11-13 before our cruise at WL. I have already used my DC discount when I booked. When the codes come out, what am I suppose to do? Do I just call WDTC and ask them to apply (xxxxcode) or what? I do not want to look like a total fool, even though I am feeling that way!!! I honestly want to thank everyone for all of the great info. I have saved a bundle and have planned what I hope to be a magical surprise 40th birthday for my husband!

That is exactly how I do it. I provide the booking number and ask them to apply "Code ####" to the package.

Don't be shy about calling. The CM's are used to it. That is why they give out the codes.

I did it in July. I originally had a DC reservation for CBR for 12/6 and changed it to a code in July. The CM was very nice. Because a DC reservation is WDTC and a code reservation is CRO, they have to cancel the DC reservation, give you a credit and then rebook under CRO and charge another deposit. After all that, when I found out the CBR was going to be closed, I changed to BWI with an AP rate in September. They just charged the difference in the deposit.

One thing - there has to be a code discounted room available for your dates, it isn't automatic. They only set aside so many rooms for AP or Code discounts. Good Luck!

GOOD LUCK!!!! Isn't fun to know you save money.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter