CocoCay Beach Bed?

mickey765

Mouseketeer
So, when my cruise ship is at CocoCay, there will be another ship there. The total amount of passengers will be from 6 to 7 thousand. My family wants to be able to get lounge chairs and umbrellas. Also, the other ship arrives two hours before our ship. What are the chances we will be able to get lounge chairs? Since my family is worried about availability, they are considering purchasing a beach bed. Is it worth it?

How many passenger's are there on the ship that docks before you? And do you mind what area you get chairs in? On Symphony which hold about 6 thousand there was generally plenty chairs still available most of the time towards the back of the beach's

How many passenger's are there on the ship that docks before you? And do you mind what area you get chairs in? On Symphony which hold about 6 thousand there was generally plenty chairs still available most of the time towards the back of the beach's
our ship is 5 thousand, the ship that arrives before us is close to 3 thousand. Not sure about chairs

anthem in mid-March

On Mariner now just 30 minutes from CocoCay and was informed that there will be another smaller ship, forgot name, also there so will have first hand knowledge of crowd situation and can post. Second visit on Thursday we are supposed to be the only ship so a good comparison will be had.

We did a beach bed on CoCoCay. We paid about $99 for it, so it was way cheaper than the cabanas. We had a home base and an attendant who took great care of us. For that price, I would do it again in a heart beat.

We had a beach bed on both of our cruises in July and November. We loved it because it gave us a base to leave all our things and it came with 2 loungers and a cooler with cold water. There was also a really close bar and attendants would bring us drinks since we had the drink package. We plan to get one for all of our cruises.

We were there last week. There were loads and loads of chairs all over. Was on the harmony sold out ship so ~4000?. It was very windy so very few people at the beach. Most at the pool and lagoon and still open chairs here and there. If you are needing a specific location you may be out of luck if not there early but if you just need a couple chairs you have an excellent chance somewhere. I was quite shocked at the rows and rows of chairs at chill island.

our ship is 5 thousand, the ship that arrives before us is close to 3 thousand. Not sure about chairs
On Mariner now just 30 minutes from CocoCay and was informed that there will be another smaller ship, forgot name, also there so will have first hand knowledge of crowd situation and can post. Second visit on Thursday we are supposed to be the only ship so a good comparison will be had.

Majesty was 2nd ship with no problem regarding being crowded BUT weather was not ideal for maximum CC enjoyment. Left CC and Capt. slammed it into almost full speed due to really bad weather front so made Nassau in 4 hours at dock and tied up. Navigator was there and stayed the night (not scheduled to do so) due to weather then cruised to CC. We were due at CC on Thursday and would have been there with Navigator BUT gangway was blown off of pier and into water during the night. Divers could not retrieve the gangway thus preventing Mariner docking so we had a sea day instead of the Double Dip. DW was thrilled since she loves sea days.

Majesty was 2nd ship with no problem regarding being crowded BUT weather was not ideal for maximum CC enjoyment. Left CC and Capt. slammed it into almost full speed due to really bad weather front so made Nassau in 4 hours at dock and tied up. Navigator was there and stayed the night (not scheduled to do so) due to weather then cruised to CC. We were due at CC on Thursday and would have been there with Navigator BUT gangway was blown off of pier and into water during the night. Divers could not retrieve the gangway thus preventing Mariner docking so we had a sea day instead of the Double Dip. DW was thrilled since she loves sea days.
wow sounds crazy!

Does the beach bed have a canopy that offers shade? sorry silly question? Also can you have that and still leave for a bit and go over to the pool.

I am going to piggy back about the beach bed b/c that is what we are looking at as well.

Do the attendants bring food and drinks?

How "safe" was your stuff. My hubby is concerned about theft. (Too concerned in my opinion, he cannot even relax and enjoy the water because he is sure we will be robbed.) We will take our own snorkel gear and it would be great to just be able to leave it at the beach bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter