• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Co-worker has cancer and would like to go to Disney

deemouse

Earning My Ears
One of my co-workers who is in her early 20's has cancer. Her doctors have advised the family that if they would like to do any traveling they needed to do so very soon. She wants to go to Disney. Does anyone know of any special programs or offers that might be out there for someone in this type of situation. Are there any special service someone could get while they are there? Any discounts for rooms or tickets? I was just looking for ways to help make this trip easier for them? If anyone one know of something could you please reply. Thank you and God Bless You!

First check the Codes boards here for discounts. A new discount for travel October to December is soon anticipated. Review the FAQ's on this board for info on Special Needs.

A year ago, my sister and I went to England. We knew it would be our last time to travel together. I can tell you there are no "wish trip" type funds for adults with cancer. I can also tell you that going into debt for a last trip is worth it. (May all the bankers in the world forgive me for saying that!!)

My advice for her is to check out all the codes - get there at a less busy time, and take it easy when there. My sister was seriously tired at the end of the trip.

JenJen said:
Here are a few sites you may want to visit for your co-worker
Fairygodmother
Dream foundation
I hope this help :-)
JenJen

JenJen, you just beat me to it. I was also going to mention those 2 foundations; Fairy Godmother foundation and the Dream Foundation.
They are both wish-granting organizations for adults only( 18 yrs. old and older). They specify on their websites that the person being granted the wish has to be less than a year or a year and a half to live-something like that.
Worth looking into.

Rosemarie :flower:

If your co worker is well enough to work AND go to Disney she may have many years ahead! My son had a stage 4 cancer at 17, went to college the day after his last radiation treatment, got chemo while a student and is now 28! There is always hope! :grouphug:

That said see if you can treat her to a short Disney trip!

Man, am I embarressed to be spreading incorrect info! that's so cool those exist. Wish I'd known then what I know now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter