CM just informed me modifications beginning for June reservations...

Also very discriminatory against people who are not as well off as deluxe resort customers. Can they really do that? It's not as if they cannot open even one value resort. I do take that with a pinch of salt as Disney could be leaving themselves open to legal action as there is no reason for them not to provide value and moderate resorts.
Just my own personal opinion mind you.
Disney is choosing to not open ANY actual resorts at this ltime, this first phase.

Potential, even reserved, guests who choose not to pay the rack rate for a DVC unit for whatever reason can reschedule their stay for another time, when more properties in more price ranges become available.

I have zero insight as to what plans Disney presented to the reopening commission, or what was approved vs what was requested vs what needed to be changed. Again, though, they are not opening any resorts yet. They're opening the time share units and campground first.

Fort Wilderness tent camping, while limited, is cheaper than ANY resort. No cause or support for a lawsuit.

Also very discriminatory against people who are not as well off as deluxe resort customers. Can they really do that? It's not as if they cannot open even one value resort. I do take that with a pinch of salt as Disney could be leaving themselves open to legal action as there is no reason for them not to provide value and moderate resorts.

Of course they can. They don't have to open any resort. They don't have to offer anything they don't wish to offer.

They can do exactly that. All reservations include a clause that basically says we can cancel you anytime we want. Not having a resort you can afford is not discrimination. The only resorts they had any legal obligation to open were the DVCs. That’s why they’re the only ones opening other than FW. Both the camp sites and the cabins lend themselves to social distancing.

Should they up charge guests to move? Not in my opinion, but they certainly can. You have the option to cancel and that’s about it.

So we're booked July 7th-15th at Pop, including resort, park tickets, and flights. This was rebooked from May with the free dining offer. Obviously most of that trip is impossible, so we're thinking of just canceling or possibly rescheduling to next summer. I'm worried because we're almost within 30 days, and I don't want to lose the ability to cancel... Do I need to call today/tomorrow? Or am I still waiting for Disney to contact me?

What schedule do you speak of?
The cancellation schedule, they are sending emails to guests one week at a time, with arrivals prior to opening. I believe they are up to June 21, so everyone who has been notified through that date can now modify their booking.

Do Deluxe resorts (non-DVC) have more total rooms than value and moderates combined?

DVC legally had to open, as owners had the right to that, Those are the only ones available.

Right now, nothing to do with the price structure of other WDW resorts. I believe that is why they are charging because these guests can’t be moved,

But, with phased openings, the next step would be all rooms at the resorts with DVC as those are operating. However, once that happens, the plan is to move some from closed resorts to those open resorts.

Do we all know for sure no other resorts will open ?

So we're booked July 7th-15th at Pop, including resort, park tickets, and flights. This was rebooked from May with the free dining offer. Obviously most of that trip is impossible, so we're thinking of just canceling or possibly rescheduling to next summer. I'm worried because we're almost within 30 days, and I don't want to lose the ability to cancel... Do I need to call today/tomorrow? Or am I still waiting for Disney to contact me?

When WDW first closed, they adjusted the package balance due date from 30 days prior to 7 days prior to check-in.

No. The only information we have right now is DVC and Ft. W are opening on June 22. We also know, as of this morning, those with reservations checking in from June 5 - June 21 were able to modify their reservations to anytime between July 11 to December 31, 2020 and they could only modify to DVC resorts and Ft. W. We have no other information regarding other resorts - they may open, they may not - we just don't know right now.

When WDW first closed, they adjusted the package balance due date from 30 days prior to 7 days prior to check-in.
I had heard that. We're not worried about final payments since we've already paid in full. Just worried that there might still be a refund window that we don't want to miss. If I'm mistaken, that's good though!

What we know is that the Disney website initially showed that the DVC resorts at Disney World would open on June 22 and that non-DVC resorts would begin to open on July 11 (or maybe it was July 12). Shortly after that, Chapek indicated in an interview that not all resorts would open when the parks open, and the statement about non-DVC resorts was removed from the website.

I'm worried because we're almost within 30 days, and I don't want to lose the ability to cancel... Do I need to call today/tomorrow? Or am I still waiting for Disney to contact me?
They’ve frozen your reservation; they won’t penalize you for the WDW portion. I don’t know how the airfare is handled. You can call now if you know you want to cancel. You just can’t rebook at this time.

I was in the same situation. I went on Disney chat, talked to 3 different people who gave me 3 different answers. One said that since some resorts were opening by June 22nd there is no plan to cancel my reservation starting July 5th. Another person said that everything would be refunded and my reservation canceled since the parks would be closed, and the 3rd one just recommended I cancel.

Since I had no intention of going anytime soon (what is disney withno parades, fireworks, or character interaction), I just canceled and got my deposit back. I was waiting to see if there would be any good offers after they canceled my trip, but it just seemed easier to cancel it. The cm stated there are no planned promotions for cases like mine at this time, but who knows the accuracy of that. I stay at value resorts most times so the 35 percent room discount would be nothing special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter