CM just informed me modifications beginning for June reservations...

Racheldb

Mouseketeer
I just completed my daily conversation with a TM regarding my existing reservation for July 5-July 12th. I was informed that they are beginning to modify reservations for guests with existing reservations through June 21st. They will be rolling modifications out in phases. Also, now when you call the reservation line, there is an automatic message that states this as well! So, some hope?

I just completed my daily conversation with a TM regarding my existing reservation for July 5-July 12th. I was informed that they are beginning to modify reservations for guests with existing reservations through June 21st. They will be rolling modifications out in phases. Also, now when you call the reservation line, there is an automatic message that states this as well! So, some hope?

So based on the Thursday schedule I should be able to attempt to move my offer on June 25. How sad we are still having to wait.

Rumor has it that those that are able to re-book today (had a reservation between today and June 21) are only able to re-book at a DVC or FW resorts, and at that associated cost. So if you are currently booked for a value or mod, be prepared for a big cost increase. It's not a free upgrade. That's what we're hearing anyway (Rumors board, thread discussing operational updates)

Rumor has it that those that are able to re-book today (had a reservation between today and June 21) are only able to re-book at a DVC or FW resorts, and at that associated cost. So if you are currently booked for a value or mod, be prepared for a big cost increase. It's not a free upgrade. That's what we're hearing anyway (Rumors board, thread discussing operational updates)
So Disney is choosing not to open cheaper options and forcing people into more expensive rooms than what the customers had planned? That seems very shady

Disney isn't forcing anybody ino anything. They're apparently offering limited choices based 100% on what few resorts they will be opening first - DVC because it's effectively timeshare with owners restricted to certain periods of time (use year); and FW because camping, so social distancing.

I wonder if they will have those paying the up charge for those wanting to go when the parks open?

So Disney is choosing not to open cheaper options and forcing people into more expensive rooms than what the customers had planned? That seems very shady

Actually, the resorts opened as DVC had to be because of the legal aspect of it being a timeshare.

Disney has not yet announced their opening of deluxe resorts. So, the reason the options are deluxe level only is because DVC is that level.

People certainly could cancel and wait to rebook until WDW opens their hotels, including value or moderates, But, today, those are the choices.

People just forget sometimes,..including some DVC owners...that those resorts are not owned by Disney.

This is making me crazy. I just want to remove my tickets from my September trip, and still can’t do it. Not trying to move or touch resort. Had hopper to get free dining, but don’t need them now. We have AP’s. Makes no sense why they couldn’t do that now. I get the delay for resorts because they are still figuring out capacity and availability. But this doesn’t make sense. I am not patient :rotfl:

This is making me crazy. I just want to remove my tickets from my September trip, and still can’t do it. Not trying to move or touch resort. Had hopper to get free dining, but don’t need them now. We have AP’s. Makes no sense why they couldn’t do that now. I get the delay for resorts because they are still figuring out capacity and availability. But this doesn’t make sense. I am not patient :rotfl:
I am in the exact same boat!

I am in the exact same boat!
Just driving me crazy because the room portion is way paid for and they owe me like $2200 back. I had 10 day hoppers because we were going to renew with them. Now our pssses don’t expire until probably January or later so I can’t even do it. She just told me she’s pretty sure that if we remove them, we will lose the 35% discount, since it was to make up for free dining package.

Just driving me crazy because the room portion is way paid for and they owe me like $2200 back. I had 10 day hoppers because we were going to renew with them. Now our pssses don’t expire until probably January or later so I can’t even do it. She just told me she’s pretty sure that if we remove them, we will lose the 35% discount, since it was to make up for free dining package.
See, and my TA told me she talked to a CM last week and they said it wouldn't be an issue to remove the tickets, but that no modifications could be done right now. So who knows???

Honestly, I could see them not allowing the tickets to be taken off at all, especially since the changes are now in the system as a "resort package." Although it's BS to me if they don't allow it simply because if they can take away free dining, then why shouldn't we be able to ditch the tickets that were required for free dining?

I don't want the tickets, I'd rather save money now instead of having to hang on to them to use later.

Maybe if they don't allow you to ditch the tickets you could reduce them down to the minimum that was required for the FD package instead of the 10-day hoppers?

See, and my TA told me she talked to a CM last week and they said it wouldn't be an issue to remove the tickets, but that no modifications could be done right now. So who knows???

Honestly, I could see them not allowing the tickets to be taken off at all, especially since the changes are now in the system as a "resort package." Although it's BS to me if they don't allow it simply because if they can take away free dining, then why shouldn't we be able to ditch the tickets that were required for free dining?

I don't want the tickets, I'd rather save money now instead of having to hang on to them to use later.
I have spoke to 4 separate CMs and they all were certain you will be able to remove the tickets and make it a “base package”. She said that is what they are doing for everyone moving to next year because tickets aren’t available for next year yet. She said you can always do that. They all said I will be able to remove them. That was my biggest concern. Only 1 said she heard that if we did we would lose the discount. Which I’m ok with. Our tickets are $2200 and my discount was $700.

I have spoke to 4 separate CMs and they all were certain you will be able to remove the tickets and make it a “base package”. She said that is what they are doing for everyone moving to next year because tickets aren’t available for next year yet. She said you can always do that. They all said I will be able to remove them. That was my biggest concern. Only 1 said she heard that if we did we would lose the discount. Which I’m ok with. Our tickets are $2200 and my discount was $700.
For me, losing the discount to ditch the tickets is about the same price as keeping the discount with the tickets. In a perfect world I'd like to save $1200 more by keeping the discount and ditching the tickets -- so I hope we can do that!

Also very discriminatory against people who are not as well off as deluxe resort customers. Can they really do that? It's not as if they cannot open even one value resort. I do take that with a pinch of salt as Disney could be leaving themselves open to legal action as there is no reason for them not to provide value and moderate resorts.
Just my own personal opinion mind you.

Also very discriminatory against people who are not as well off as deluxe resort customers. Can they really do that? It's not as if they cannot open even one value resort. I do take that with a pinch of salt as Disney could be leaving themselves open to legal action as there is no reason for them not to provide value and moderate resorts.
I think this is super sad coming from Disney. They are ready and willing to completely shut people out (I get it it’s a pandemic you’re trying to control crowds and amount of guests altogether). But then they slap guests in the face with sports teams coming in. Are the players paying? Or is this a hearty contract with Disney so they know they are securing their money and therefore are not being flexible with guests...? Just sad covid took our vacation that we had planned since October, and now with our previously rescheduled one Disney might take it because of those prices.

By that logic you could sue every expensive hotel on the basis that they don't also have a cheap alternative. Disney is not obligated to open a single hotel. If they are deciding to open only 25% of hotels and are going to have extra costs cleaning, providing transportation with a tiny number of seats available, etc, it only makes sense to only open your most profitable hotels. They aren't discriminating against anyone, they are just delaying opening moderate and value resorts until it makes business sense to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter