CM’s moving ecv’s

Debbie-TN

DIS Veteran
With COVID going on are the CM’s still moving ecv’s on certain rides. Like moving them to where the ride ends. Are they wiping them off? I’ll have handy wipes with me but I was wondering how that works now.

Not sure if they are still moving them (I think with crowd levels lower, they might not need to move them as much?) but I have not heard from anyone about them using wipes on ECVs or strollers that they are moving.

I agree with @mamabunny that with lower crowds tthe CMs may not need to move parked ECVs. That said, no I don't believe they are wiping everything a CM touches. If that is a concern for you, definitely ask about where to park so it won't be moved or touched. But there really is no way to guarantee another guest doesn't touch it; unfortunately we've seen children climbing on parked ECVs that are not with their family. Also be aware that ride vehicles are not wiped down between guests but instead the ride pauses for a cleaning every couple of hours.

With COVID going on are the CM’s still moving ecv’s on certain rides. Like moving them to where the ride ends. Are they wiping them off? I’ll have handy wipes with me but I was wondering how that works now.

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to take wipes and spray hand sanitizer. I plan on wiping down the ecv if they have to move it. I think I’ll ask if I can move it myself but not sure that they will. I’m going very prepared.

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to take wipes and spray hand sanitizer. I plan on wiping down the ecv if they have to move it. I think I’ll ask if I can move it myself but not sure that they will. I’m going very prepared.
There are some rides RotR and PotC to name 2, where the load and unload areas aren't close enough to easily allow guests to avoid CM movement of ECVs. PP is correct, other guests could have touched your ECV. Bring wipes.

Yes, on certain rides they are moving ECVs to the exit area. As far as parking them and walking through the queue or into a restaurant, I don't believe so. I don't recall my ECV being moved when I parked it in the designated area for Haunted Mansion or Be Our Guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter