Club runDisney

Haven't seen or heard a thing about the virtual or any of the benefits, though I think the official start date of the club is sometime in October, right? So maybe we'll get something then?

Just saw on facebook (I'm not in CrD) that club rundisney memberships are being extended for a year.

Yep, just got this email:

During this unusual time, race organizers around the world continue to pause on hosting in-person race events that draw large crowds. As we shared previously, we have made the decision to transition the 2021 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and the 2021 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend into virtual events, similar to our offering for the 2020 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.

While we share our Guests' disappointment that we will not be running together in person, we have based this decision on the unique circumstances of hosting a road race experience on this scale under the current environment.

As a Charter Member of Club runDisney, you will receive a second year of membership at no cost to you since you have not been able to activate the on-site benefits of Club runDisney due to these race transitions.

We're excited to share important details regarding your Club runDisney Membership renewal period for the 2022-2023 race season!

Should you choose to renew your membership,
your redemption window as a Silver Club runDisney Member begins April 22, 2022 and continues until 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on May 2, 2022.

Anyone still doing the club? After reading this thread (which is before the club started) I feel like maybe I won't continue it. It's alot of money for 2 jackets... 2 magnets... a tiny logo on my bib for the one run in a year... and nothing else. No rD corrals?

At the Springtime Surprise I noticed the platinum level had a lounge where they could get registered, gear up, etc. Meh. A meetup for rD peeps would have been nice... special workout session perhaps. I went to the yoga session... wow... I was up at 5am doing yoga... what is wrong with me? ;)

I mean... it's Florida... the only time I had to wear the jacket was on the plane (no recognition there... except for one lady that was excited to see the DCI hat I was wearing :))

We're excited to share important details regarding your Club runDisney Membership renewal period for the 2022-2023 race season!

your redemption window as a Silver Club runDisney Member begins April 22, 2022 and continues until 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on May 2, 2022.

Anyone still doing the club? After reading this thread (which is before the club started) I feel like maybe I won't continue it. It's alot of money for 2 jackets... 2 magnets... a tiny logo on my bib for the one run in a year... and nothing else. No rD corrals?

At the Springtime Surprise I noticed the platinum level had a lounge where they could get registered, gear up, etc. Meh. A meetup for rD peeps would have been nice... special workout session perhaps. I went to the yoga session... wow... I was up at 5am doing yoga... what is wrong with me? ;)

I mean... it's Florida... the only time I had to wear the jacket was on the plane (no recognition there... except for one lady that was excited to see the DCI hat I was wearing :))
There's another thread where people are talking about renewing/joining, basically the main reasons people are signing up are for corral placement and early registration. Of course, to get both of those you have to sign up for the highest tier, and it’s worth noting that if you sign up for the next “season”, you get the corral placement for that season’s set of races (from W&D 2022 until Springtime Surprise 2023) and early sign up for the following season’s races (W&D 2023 until Springtime 2024).

There's another thread where people are talking about renewing/joining, basically the main reasons people are signing up are for corral placement and early registration. Of course, to get both of those you have to sign up for the highest tier, and it’s worth noting that if you sign up for the next “season”, you get the corral placement for that season’s set of races (from W&D 2022 until Springtime Surprise 2023) and early sign up for the following season’s races (W&D 2023 until Springtime 2024).

Scroll up a bit and you'll see my post about my experience with Silver level and how I made my decision. Essentially it came down to canceling or upgrading, as I felt Silver just wasn't worth it at all. Ultimately the guaranteed registration, early access and corral bump was worth it for me to upgrade to Platinum. Had I not decided upgrading was worth it, I would NOT have stayed in the club at Silver.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!