club levelat HRH

teach21566

Earning My Ears
I can't tell you how helpful these boards are, we are arriving at HRH on Sept 25th and I have read so many tips, I am sure to have a great time. We booked through AAA and we have a garden view. I am a loews blue member, and was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can upgrade to club level(if available). If a suite is available for $35 more, do suites have club level privledges? I'm not sure of we should try for a suite or get the extras with a club level. Help me please

It all depends, but when I toured the resort, the front desk clerk told me that you have to pay at LEAST $199 to stay at club level. So for example, if you are booked at an entertainment rate (for argument's sake, lets say the $135 rate) than if club is available at check in, they charge you the difference. He told me it doesn't always happen, but they try to if people request it.

Like Spidey says it all depends :).

What type of room do you have now?

If there is availability, I do believe that you can upgrade to the next level for $35 since you booked at a AAA rate and not one of the larger discounts.

We had a room on the club level booked and to move to a kidsuite on the club level would have cost us an additional $100 a night. We declined.

As for suites on the club level, I believe there are only 2 kinds. King suites, which only hold 3 people. There are also kidsuites, and there are only 2 of them on the club level. If they upgrade you to club for only $35, it will likely be much more to upgrade you to one of their suites :).

However, there are king suites and kidsuites on other floors that you could ask to upgrade to. These do no have club access.

Good luck!

Teresa

Thanks for replies. I think we'll try for un upgrade to club level without any additional money.

When I called the Hard Rock I was told garden view is upgraded to pool view and pool view to deluxe but not with special rates.I am a Loews blue member so I dont know how it works with gold or platinum.

In August we were offered an upgrade at check-in from pool view to club level for $65 per night. We didn't take it.

Packy,

Did you have an entertainment rate? If so, than the front desk was just not giving me a story..... :rolleyes:

I am a platinum loews member and have enjoyed the hard rock many times. In my personal experience it is rare for the front desk to upgrade to club level. Usually they upgrade one level, like a previous poster wrote, garden view to pool view, etc. The suite upgrades are $35. Most suites are not on the club level but there are a few so you may get lucky.

Some people might disagree but I think you have a better chance at a choice upgrade (to suites or clublevel) the LATER you check in. Premium rooms are usually not given out early in the day for several reasons.
1. the hotel wants to save these rooms in case a rack rate customer comes in or someone is willing to pay for the upgrade
2. The hotel saves premium rooms for it's best customers (gold and platinum)

The later you check in the less likely the hotel is going to "sell" the room and thus will be more willing to give it up for a good will upgrade. Plus, if you booked a garden room and the hotel is sold out they might not have any garden rooms left so an upgrade will be a definate.

I have been upgraded to club twice, both times with late check ins. Simple one step ugrades happen early in the day. Good luck!!!! And have fun!!

packy,

Thanks for the response. I'm glad to know that I was given the right info.

Thanks again!

Thanks for everyone's help. I called the hotel to see if my blue number had been attached to the res. They told me to call the loews res number. Once with them, they saw I had booked a package and gave me another number, for packages at the hotel. The package people told me that they couldn't add my blue number , but when I got to the hotel to give it to the front desk, and they would take care of it. Also on a couple of other posts, I heard of the hotel doing something if you had a special occaision, such as placing a suffed animal in room for a child's birthday or champagne for an anniversary. I told them my daughter was having her birthday and all they did was switch me to conseirge and he had no idea what I was talking about. We leave in three days and I'll let everyone know what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter