Club level

We checked in to HRH today. We've visited the club while waiting for our room to be ready. They had uncrustables for our kids, chips, Famous Amos cookies, Ritz peanut butter crackers, granola bars and fresh fruit. The coolers had soda and water. The staff offered to get any juices or milk we wanted. They said tonight is Mac and cheese and wings and a veggie box with hummus. They again said we could request anything from others meals we would like. We have one son who will eat some cereal with dinner! We check into RPR in few days I will try to update when I can.

We checked in to HRH today. We've visited the club while waiting for our room to be ready. They had uncrustables for our kids, chips, Famous Amos cookies, Ritz peanut butter crackers, granola bars and fresh fruit. The coolers had soda and water. The staff offered to get any juices or milk we wanted. They said tonight is Mac and cheese and wings and a veggie box with hummus. They again said we could request anything from others meals we would like. We have one son who will eat some cereal with dinner! We check into RPR in few days I will try to update when I can.

Thanks so much for the update......and will look forward to your update from RPR.......have fun :thumbsup2

Does anyone know how well HRH club level handles allergies?
I can't have anything with dairy, and I have a child who has allergies to dairy, eggs, soy, and a few others, which rules out pretty much everything I've seen listed other than the soda and possibly one of the cereals.
Years ago we stayed club level a few times at Disney and we could call the chef and they would make him food, I didn't know if they would do that here.

It would be best if you contacted hrh directly.
Before covid 19, the hotel would send you an email about 10 to 14 days out from your arrival for contacting them to inquire about special diets or questions you have.

Due to the virus, food is prepared in advance and boxed.
But no idea how long it will have this set up.

Could be changes forthe time you will be there how club handles the club food offerings.

When I stayed club level at HRH, was prior to covid.

Does anyone know how well HRH club level handles allergies?
I can't have anything with dairy, and I have a child who has allergies to dairy, eggs, soy, and a few others, which rules out pretty much everything I've seen listed other than the soda and possibly one of the cereals.
Years ago we stayed club level a few times at Disney and we could call the chef and they would make him food, I didn't know if they would do that here.

As macraven has said, with those allergies best to contact them ahead of time.

I do know all the hotels are just as good as Disney dealing with allergies of any kind. Speaking to concierge is the best way to go forward.

We see them making seperate meals for folks regularly, have separate milks and so on for guests and they do a very good job as many have voiced how impressed they were. I should add this is RPR, but I have no doubts the other hotels will be just as diligent.

We check into RPR in few days I will try to update when I can.

I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts on RPR club level. :) We're switching from HRH to RPR for our trip next month and I'm trying to convince the hubs that we should upgrade to a CL room.

Interested in reports of RPR also. We are headed there in Jan. We chose club for added security, high floors as well as snacks.
one thought/question. Is noise level a concern if your room is near the lounge with foot traffic? We ask for room away from elevators usually for this reason

We are booked for club level at RPR in November since we had to cancel our CL trip at AKL. I'm also interested to hear about it. Wondering if it's worth the extra money or not.

For HRH the club was on the ground floor which was slightly inconvenient with the kids (14/11/8). Breakfast was a very generous selection of cereals and granola, multiple oatmeal they had hot water to make. They had donuts, varied pastries, blueberry muffins, yogurt and sealed hard boiled eggs. Afternoon they had chips, granola bars, fruit and other packaged snacks. Sodas and water were stocked at all times. Coffee was available all day. The second night was skewers if grilled chicken, vegetable spring rolls. Each night they had a meat and cheese box with tiny pita rounds/ham/salami. The hummus box had cheese (Swiss and not sure the other cheese), hummus, carrots, celery, cucumber, olives, grape tomatoes and capers. Dessert was cookies (choc chip with sprinkles, sugar and a frosted chocolate brownie). Sunday they had mimosas. Not sure if it's a weekend thing. My husband had corona and there was bud light also. We moved to RPR this am. The setup is better for family seating and on the same floor as our room. We caught the tail end of breakfast and the selection was the same with oikos Greek yogurt and the pastries were served to you and not wrapped. Staff was friendly. The menu posted for tonight was Mac and cheese and wings which was a hit with the kids. The Mac and cheese was good. Overall I would say the club is worth it for our family. We eat snacks at the park and drink a lot of butterbeers so the meals are enough. We are here 3 nights I'll try to post an update later.

For HRH the club was on the ground floor which was slightly inconvenient with the kids (14/11/8). Breakfast was a very generous selection of cereals and granola, multiple oatmeal they had hot water to make. They had donuts, varied pastries, blueberry muffins, yogurt and sealed hard boiled eggs. Afternoon they had chips, granola bars, fruit and other packaged snacks. Sodas and water were stocked at all times. Coffee was available all day. The second night was skewers if grilled chicken, vegetable spring rolls. Each night they had a meat and cheese box with tiny pita rounds/ham/salami. The hummus box had cheese (Swiss and not sure the other cheese), hummus, carrots, celery, cucumber, olives, grape tomatoes and capers. Dessert was cookies (choc chip with sprinkles, sugar and a frosted chocolate brownie). Sunday they had mimosas. Not sure if it's a weekend thing. My husband had corona and there was bud light also. We moved to RPR this am. The setup is better for family seating and on the same floor as our room. We caught the tail end of breakfast and the selection was the same with oikos Greek yogurt and the pastries were served to you and not wrapped. Staff was friendly. The menu posted for tonight was Mac and cheese and wings which was a hit with the kids. The Mac and cheese was good. Overall I would say the club is worth it for our family. We eat snacks at the park and drink a lot of butterbeers so the meals are enough. We are here 3 nights I'll try to post an update later.

Thank you so much for this update. Hope your trip is going well.

I'm wondering if there is any outdoor seating at the club lounges. Or can food be taken to eat elsewhere? I'm still not comfortable with indoor dining.

I'm wondering if there is any outdoor seating at the club lounges. Or can food be taken to eat elsewhere? I'm still not comfortable with indoor dining.
I think that HRH had outdoor seating. RPR does not.

PBR's lounge doesn't have any outdoor seating as part of the lounge. But there are 2 options I can think of that might work (other than just taking the food to your room). First, outside the side lounge exit door and a few feet down the hall, there is an outside balcony with a small table and a few chairs. You probably could take your food/plates there and be outside (and essentially by yourselves as well.) The other option would be to take your food out of the lounge and down the stairs to the water level. In the bay or lagoon area. There are usually lots of little tables and chairs where you could sit and eat/drink.

I read that you can take the food back to your room. HRH has a balcony off the back of the lobby and around the pool area. I noticed that RPR had some outdoor seating near Jake's/Islands but I don't know how close that is to the lounge and if you can only sit there if you're eating at the restaurant.

I moved us from HRH standard room to RPR club level for our September trip last night. We had "breakfast drama" for our last trip where no one wanted to eat the food I brought with us and we wound up eating breakfast in the parks every day. It also saves me the mental energy of buying and packing food and having to remember every night to put more drinks in the fridge for the next day. Also, the boys can go to the lounge to wait for me and DD to finish getting ready in the mornings instead of being in the way.

We had "breakfast drama" for our last trip where no one wanted to eat the food I brought with us and we wound up eating breakfast in the parks every day. It also saves me the mental energy of buying and packing food and having to remember every night to put more drinks in the fridge for the next day. Also, the boys can go to the lounge to wait for me and DD to finish getting ready in the mornings instead of being in the way.
Once you have 3-4 people in the room the Club Level is well worth it IMO - especially when you can send the kids down for breakfast so you can get ready or just so you can walk down and grab a drink waters etc.... And yeah its nice to not plan bring all the stuff you need with kids.
For a Solo or couple trip I dont bother - I always feel like I have to get back to take advantage of the benefits and I'd rather have that 100 a day or so to spend on drinks and snacks etc..

Tony67's thoughts mirror mine. If there are just 2 of us in the room, the Club lounge isn't as big a draw (i.e. that means the kids didn't come with us). When we have a room full (3, 4 or 5) I really like being able to let the kids sleep however long they want. I'll get up and head to the lounge to sit down, have a nice cup of tea (or 2), read the news, do a little work, etc. With EPs, we don't worry about getting everyone up extra early to take advantage of the early access.

Yes, it is possible that you can at least come close to covering the extra $100/day for the lounge room with food savings. But I don't count on the food savings covering the whole cost. You have to be very determined to eat/drink as much as possible out of the lounge to do that. And I can say that my wife, still wants a Starbuck's Chai-tea latte in the mornings. And my daughter still wants a Cinnabon cinnamon roll at least once during the trip. And in reality we tend to not eat at the lounge for dinner each night either. We have to hit the Orchid Lounge for sushi at least once (if not twice) during our stay and my daughter loves to eat at Mythos. So we can't miss that. :) And so on.

So for me, a club room is much more than trying to work out a food cost savings. It is my "calm" place in the morning to relax before we head out to the parks or whatever else we decide to do that day.

That's exactly the reason we went with it. When I stopped looking at it as "can we eat $100 worth of food from the lounge each day" and looked at it as a convenience it made sense. As the planner/packer of the family, it's going to make my life much easier. I realized last night that, if we didn't want to do early entry into Studios, we don't have to be at IOA until 10 am which means we'll be able to sleep in and eat a leisurely breakfast. I also tend to not sleep well the first night and wake up well before everyone else so having someplace to go and hang out (that isn't the lobby) will be wonderful.

On second thought, my DS is in the middle of a growth spurt and he may be able to make up that $100/night with just the amount of milk he's drinking right now...:D

Admitted tea snob here. Does anyone know tea brand/types available at RPR club? Picture of display would be amazing.
I have an upcoming trip in 3 weeks.
Thanks!

Admitted tea snob here. Does anyone know tea brand/types available at RPR club? Picture of display would be amazing.
I have an upcoming trip in 3 weeks.
Thanks!

Tea Forte is the brand they use.

They have a small selection available in the lounge.

IMG_9784-X2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!