Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

So just to add to this... I booked at my 60 day window (regular FP+) and then called to add the new purchased FP+ for 3 of our 10 nights. I am able to edit any of the FP+ that I booked at 60 days but cannot edit the extra three booked by DSS.

Since the 90 day window is outside of the normal IT logic for the 60 day window... I'm thinking they're all exception FP+ and won't be modifiable since they're not booked in the normal window --- hopefully that changes at the 60 day window but that will be interesting to see if they see them as "normal 60 day passes" or "DSS booked special passes".

No but im about to :)

From the DSS service I received when I booked mine (quick turnaround and really on-the-ball staff) I think you'll still be okay regardless. I think DSS has really upped their game from what IPO offered. For my extra fastpasses they were able to overlap times, etc... so they definitely have some extra abilities on the system.

From what I was told --- after we use the normal 60 day passes we booked we can get more "day of" passes (even though we have the DSS ones are added for later --- will let everyone know once we get there. ) It may be worth it to call or email back to see if that's the same for booking 6 of the 90 day passes. Who knows though... this may work in your favour though if you're still able to add 3 more at 60 days... it may be worth a try since you never technically got any 60 day passes.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Luckybee!

So no overlaps time-wise with the 3 regular FPs, but, a ride can be duplicated within the regular booking. It is a great deal especially with the 90-day booking for 3 regular FPs that can be Modified!

Have you tried to Modify a regular FP to see if it could overlap a Special... to cut down on waiting between FPs?
I just tried to overlap and tried 3 different fp's on 2 different days. No go ! But most definitely I have been able to duplicate the fp's already booked on the special but with tiering. For example we were able to book a second fop but not Navi'i which is not surprising. What is surprising is that we were able to book the 2nd fop after the reps had told me that one could not do the same ride more than once.

I just tried to overlap and tried 3 different fp's on 2 different days. No go ! But most definitely I have been able to duplicate the fp's already booked on the special but with tiering. For example we were able to book a second fop but not Navi'i which is not surprising. What is surprising is that we were able to book the 2nd fop after the reps had told me that one could not do the same ride more than once.

You can definitely have the same FP for an attraction from the 60 day selections and the DSS selections so that makes sense if the system sees one of the FOP were used as one of the regular 60 FP (and the second as one of the DSS ones). So maybe they are seeing the difference between your normal 3 FP allotment and the 3 extras.... This may wind up being very interesting... since I think that it all depends on Disney IT and how they see the passes.

So the “not the same ride more than once” only refers to the 3 Booked Specials.

That is great to be able have a duplicated Tier 1 without having to spend time refreshing like crazy for a FP#4.

You are all set for a great FP Trip!:-)

When I called in today to do so I was advised that they've amended the program to allow participants the ability to book both the special fp's along with your own regular fp's at the 90 day mark for the days that one booked the program for .
Really?? This is surprising to me... a definite added benefit.

So the “not the same ride more than once” only refers to the 3 Booked Specials.

That is great to be able have a duplicated Tier 1 without having to spend time refreshing like crazy for a FP#4.

You are all set for a great FP Trip!:-)

Well that's what it is but I'm still not convinced that it is what Disney intended. Reason I say that is my questions to SS were very specific about this twice and I was told both times that one cannot book the same attraction more than once in one day with either the special fp's or one's own allotment combined. The rep I booked the regular fp's today said I could not book what the website let me book tonight.....soooooo.....either some of the reps have it wrong which is possible given this is still very early or the IT is doing something not meant to happen (which may be the more likely imho)

Well that's what it is but I'm still not convinced that it is what Disney intended. Reason I say that is my questions to SS were very specific about this twice and I was told both times that one cannot book the same attraction more than once in one day with either the special fp's or one's own allotment combined. The rep I booked the regular fp's today said I could not book what the website let me book tonight.....soooooo.....either some of the reps have it wrong which is possible given this is still very early or the IT is doing something not meant to happen (which may be the more likely imho)
It’s quite interesting - a Venn diagram with Specials booked anywhere with no regard to Tiering and no duplicates, regulars booked with Tiering rules and no duplicates, and the systems only overlap where timing is involved.

Maybe it’s just being interpreted as no duplication... we won’t keep discussing it. 8-)

It’s quite interesting - a Venn diagram with Specials booked anywhere with no regard to Tiering and no duplicates, regulars booked with Tiering rules and no duplicates, and the systems only overlap where timing is involved.

Maybe it’s just being interpreted as no duplication... we won’t keep discussing it. 8-)
You don’t get enough Venn diagram talk these days! :thumbsup2

At this point I think kiroMYhero's mention that the "not the same ride more than once" is definitely segemented for those booking their 60 FP+ normally and then adding the 90 day options versus people who book all 6 FP+ at 90 days through the offer. As mentioned in a previous post we had already booked our regular onsite FP at 60 days earlier in the morning (which just happened to be the first day this option was offered) so I'm not sure if this will be reflective future offerings. One of our days we booked our 3 - 60 day fastpasses beforehand including a Tier 1 attraction and when we called later that day to book the Club FP+ offer we were able to get the same attraction (for the same day) as one of our purchased fastpasses.

I was very specific about that same question too, the only thing they said was possible was to book the same attraction as a 4th or beyond with your "regular" fps once the first three were used. Although I hadn't booked it yet, so my question was just theoretical...

After this I won't discuss again...but, being still on the fence about this, I called and asked this very question. And the CM basically said yes, they do the "extras" with no regard to tiering first, then the regulars with tiering and no dupes...

I was very specific about that same question too, the only thing they said was possible was to book the same attraction as a 4th or beyond with your "regular" fps once the first three were used. Although I hadn't booked it yet, so my question was just theoretical...

Our 60 days was the first day (Friday) that you could call in to book this.... So naturally I got up early booked all my 60 day FP+'s and then waited until 9 when I could call DSS to book our 3 days of extra passes. While 2 of the days did not involve any redundancy of Tier 1 options for a single park (as we changed parks --- but still got 3 different Tier 1 options for our DSS passes) one we day we did stay at the same park --- staying at Epcot for most of the day so we did Test Track and 2 others in the AM - booked our 3 purchased FP+ for the evening one of which was again Test Track (and Frozen and Soarin').

I'm wondering if booking all 6 at 90 days changes things... versus if you book regular at 60 days then add the extras...

Last edited:
Our 60 days was the first day (Friday) that you could call in to book this.... So naturally I got up early booked all my 60 FP+'s and then waited until 9 when I could call DSS to book our 3 days of extra passes. While 2 of the days did not involve any redundancy of Tier 1 options for a single park (as we changed parks --- but still got 3 different Tier 1 options for our DSS passes) one we day we did stay at the same park --- staying at Epcot for most of the day so we did Test Track and 2 others in the AM - booked our 3 purchased FP+ for the evening one of which was again Test Track (and Frozen and Soarin').

I'm wondering if booking all 6 at 90 days changes things... versus if you book regular at 60 days then add the extras...

Interesting! Well, you'd be a different type of "test subject" given your time frame, but that's definitely not what the CM told me (in the reverse, anyway!) - sounds good! The first CM I spoke to actually wasn't sure exactly what the system would do regarding that, but we had a lot of ground to cover so we just really glazed over it. The one I called today was more specific, but sounds like it may not be entirely accurate - again I say - Interesting!

Interesting! Well, you'd be a different type of "test subject" given your time frame, but that's definitely not what the CM told me (in the reverse, anyway!) - sounds good! The first CM I spoke to actually wasn't sure exactly what the system would do regarding that, but we had a lot of ground to cover so we just really glazed over it. The one I called today was more specific, but sounds like it may not be entirely accurate - again I say - Interesting!

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.... I think because at this point it's up in the air as I think that DSS are relying on some enhanced access to provide access the FP's --- which they already had to satisfy complaining customers.... I don't think WDW IT has been engaged at this point so I think this might be why things still work --- it will be interesting to see when they modify IT to reflect these specific business requirements how this will be reflected in the options available and whether it works... at all.

This mix of IT, DSS, manual CM booked FPs, three normal, three extra, before the 60 day window, after the 60 day window etc, etc, is just BOUND to have a few kinks. This is some pretty darn nuanced stuff with a ton of variables.

I think that's one of the reasons the CM I spoke with (who had a high degree of Disney knowledge, in my opinion) stressed the "trial" aspect of it. While not her exact words, there was a "we're all going to learn how this works together" type of tone.

Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences. Fascinating stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!