Club-level BWI ?s

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
What time and type of dinner food is available each day and what type of alcohol is now served?

Was thinking of doing a heavier lunch ressie and just doing club food for dinner but want to be done early to go back to Epcot for the concerts.
Thanks!

I agree with the others. BWI CL does not serve dinner food. It is not a dinner substitute. It is hors d’oeueves intended for a pre meal bite

Not sure the continental breakfast and evening snack would justify the extra $100 per person/per night ($200 x 3 nights) OVER what I have booked at BC (non-club). Only had CL one visit due to some anniversary pixiedust:.

Not sure the continental breakfast and evening snack would justify the extra $100 per person/per night ($200 x 3 nights) OVER what I have booked at BC (non-club). Only had CL one visit due to some anniversary pixiedust:.

Club is not typically a "value" at the listed pricing, unless you drink a LOT. It is also not intended to be by Disney, it's more about "luxury."

Do they only have beer and wine? I thought there were other drinks when we were there. I was considering this a "treat" for my BFF and my 60th birthday. We don't need to eat 3 big meals a day and it's better that the heavier one be earlier in the day. That's what happens when you turn 60.

Disagree with those who say they serve hors d'oeueves, a bunch of appetizers, and not dinner food.
I was there 2 weeks ago, and the food choices cooked by a chef rotated between menu items from Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno, and ESPN.
There was always 2 hot items per night
Items included Wagyu Beef, Sirloin Steak, Seared Scallops with Risotto, Seafood Pasta, Fresh Fish (Swordfish when I was there), Seared Tuna With Nachos, Asian Stir Fry and others which I don't recall.
Believe me, these are dinner items, not bite size appetizers.
Now the food is served on appetizer size plates, but there was no stopping you from going back for more.
In fact the chefs encouraged you to take more, and if you were there between 6.30-7.00 when the lounge was usually half empty, the chefs would come to your table and ask if you wanted more.
I am not saying that you should consider the food in lounge to be a dinner replacement, but really you could eat as much as you want - in fact when they shut cooking down at 7pm there was always a ton of food
that was going to be thrown out.
In addition soups rotated between Clam Chowder, Vegetable, and Tomato.

Have not personally stayed at BWI CL myself (DW did last year), but out of all the CLs, BWI CL consistently gets the most rave reviews on the CL thread for the quality and quantity of the evening apps. Chef prepared dishes, chefs in the lounge, etc. In the pics people post, offerings look quite substantial. They ‘do things differently’ there compared to other CLs.

Not saying it’s a meal substitute, but it certainly is among the ‘better’ CLs when it comes to evening offerings.

ETA: OP, what you describe is exactly how we use CL... usually eat a big lunch and then just nibble for dinner in the lounge. We don’t do that every night, but we probably do that more days than we don’t, on average. We sometimes find by the end of the day we just aren’t all that hungry for a real meal, so the lounge is fine. But it does depend on the day, our mood, our plan, etc.

Last edited:
Do they only have beer and wine? I thought there were other drinks when we were there. I was considering this a "treat" for my BFF and my 60th birthday. We don't need to eat 3 big meals a day and it's better that the heavier one be earlier in the day. That's what happens when you turn 60.

I’m tagging @trishadono on this - she was there recently and can give you a rundown on current beverages (if someone else doesn’t answer first).

Disagree with those who say they serve hors d'oeueves, a bunch of appetizers, and not dinner food.
I was there 2 weeks ago, and the food choices cooked by a chef rotated between menu items from Flying Fish, Trattoria al Forno, and ESPN.
Items included Wagyu Beef, Sirloin Steak, Seared Scallops with Risotto, Seafood Pasta, Fresh Fish (Swordfish when I was there), Seared Tuna With Nachos, Asian Stir Fry and others which I don't recall.
Now the food is served on appetizer size plates, but there was no stopping you from going back for more.
In fact the chefs encouraged you to take more, and if you were there between 6.30-7.00 when the lounge was usually half empty, the chefs would come to your table and ask if you wanted more.
I am not saying that you should consider the food in lounge to be a dinner replacement, but really you could eat as much as you want - in fact when they shut cooking down at 7pm there was always a ton of food

You can "disagree" all you want, but when the lounge posts the times and items offered in late afternoon, they are specifically called "hors d'oeuvres". No one ever said you couldn't take as much as you wanted and make a meal out of it if you wished. I think we just want OP to know, they do not put out a typical dinner buffet.

IMG_2951.JPG

Yes @GADisneyDad14 is correct I was there last month.

They have several beers and wines upon request all day. I was told they didn't have red during the day but they did go fetch it for me :)

I can't remember all but mom had Pinot Grigio. I think there was merlot, Cabernet and maybe Pinot noir. ( we transferred to gf so I can't remember which was where lol).

Picture is the offerings during desserts but wine and beer was still upon request.

At 5p-7p the alcohol was on a table next to the chef table and was self serv.

Oh this was the !st I have ever seen Scotch! I have been to bc, bwi, poly, CR ,gf , akl and wl cl' s too.

Have not personally stayed at BWI CL myself (DW did last year), but out of all the CLs, BWI CL consistently gets the most rave reviews on the CL thread for the quality and quantity of the evening apps. Chef prepared dishes, chefs in the lounge, etc. In the pics people post, offerings look quite substantial. They ‘do things differently’ there compared to other CLs.

Not saying it’s a meal substitute, but it certainly is among the ‘better’ CLs when it comes to evening offerings.

ETA: OP, what you describe is exactly how we use CL... usually eat a big lunch and then just nibble for dinner in the lounge. We don’t do that every night, but we probably do that more days than we don’t, on average. We sometimes find by the end of the day we just aren’t all that hungry for a real meal, so the lounge is fine. But it does depend on the day, our mood, our plan, etc.
Yep, big lunch and appies at 5pm so room for a dessert later is our usual.

I second and third this. Don't pay attention to those that say it's not dinner. Its totally dinner, at least at BWI. They even have dinner plates, not just the little ones. They have beer, wine, scotch and cordials. On Sunday they do brunch with made to order omlets, mimosas and bloody Mary's.

Thanks for ALL the info. but today there is no PH discount for my stay. Another could open-up again and I am still considering switching. We often eat just soup and appys. as a meal.:)

Reactions: TJA
I agree with the others. BWI CL does not serve dinner food. It is not a dinner substitute. It is hors d’oeueves intended for a pre meal bite
Sure is a dinner sub for us. We always make a dinner out of it. We made a point to NEVER miss their evening hours.

If you had Reggie during your stay I'd venture to guess he even brought you more and "forced" you to try it. He LOVES his job as a chef at Flying Fish and working in the CL lounge most evenings. He will feed you till you are stuffed!

Thanks for ALL the info. but today there is no PH discount for my stay. Another could open-up again and I am still considering switching. We often eat just soup and appys. as a meal.:)

We enjoyed the soup each night as a dinner replacement. Like you, we have our "big" meal during the afternoon time. So by the time app time rolls around, we are not overly hungry and soup really hits the spot. They offered large soup bowls so one bowl was really enough! Add in some sautéed veggies and a few of the small-plated options and there is no way we'd have room for a "dinner" afterward!

We enjoyed the soup each night as a dinner replacement. Like you, we have our "big" meal during the afternoon time. So by the time app time rolls around, we are not overly hungry and soup really hits the spot. They offered large soup bowls so one bowl was really enough! Add in some sautéed veggies and a few of the small-plated options and there is no way we'd have room for a "dinner" afterward!
They didn't have soup the 1st night. However they had cheese fondue with bread to dip.

The chowder and tomato basil soup is the best there! I will agree, Redgie is the best chef going. He kept giving extra to my husband to try saying a big guy like him needs to eat. Reggie was so proud to show us pictures of Kurt Russell down in the Flying Fish during a special paring dinner while he was there. He is such a great chef and loves to explain how he makes everything.

The chowder and tomato basil soup is the best there! I will agree, Redgie is the best chef going. He kept giving extra to my husband to try saying a big guy like him needs to eat. Reggie was so proud to show us pictures of Kurt Russell down in the Flying Fish during a special paring dinner while he was there. He is such a great chef and loves to explain how he makes everything.
Sounds like he did with my DH (also a big guy)
DH started following him on FB after our stay. He now has to tell me all about Redgie's various trips (that boy travels! let me tell you)
And in true chef fashion, when he travels, he eats at some nice places and posts the best food photos LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter