Club 33

Stephanie218

DIS Veteran
Just back from a day in Disneyland...I'd never been there before, and me and a few college friends just went for the day while we were staying in CA.

One of my friends got us reservations at Club 33 -- so awesome by the way. It was a great place. Does anyone know how to get on the wait list to join? Her aunt apparently belongs to the club.

I think you have to write them. The waiting list is several years long and from what I hear the membership fees are several thousand dollars.

My husband won the right to eat at Club 33 and will be going there in early March. Can you tell me more, food-wise, about the meal you had?? We're travelling w/4 kids, 10-12-and 2 13 year olds.

TIA!!
Brenda

bskts4bj said:
My husband won the right to eat at Club 33 and will be going there in early March. Can you tell me more, food-wise, about the meal you had?? We're travelling w/4 kids, 10-12-and 2 13 year olds.

TIA!!
Brenda

Won the right to eat????? How did that happen? just curious

Some website -- I don't ask. What it got us was a 1 day hopper and the right to pass through the doors of Club 33. We still have to pay for our meal. Of course my husband is thrilled, it will be fun, but it's not exactly part of my budget at the moment. Frustrating thing is that we live in the Midwest, so this is going to be a VERY expensive meal no matter how you look at it.

bj

Judy is right; you might be able to sell it on Ebay. You got reservations for 6?!

We had lunch at Club 33 last summer. There were a few main courses to select from. I had lamb, my DS had a beef dish with bernaisse sausce. There was a lovely appetizer/salad spread with seafood, cheeses, fresh fruit, etc. There was also a dessert bar with chocolate cake, mousse, cheesecake, and other yummy desserts. The food and service was exceptional and I hear dinner is even more wonderful. The bill was around $75 per person for lunch, perhaps a little less if you don't include cocktails. I don't know what kind of break you might get on the kids. My DS was 14 at the time and is now completely spoiled. If you consider that you are getting a parkhopper pass thrown in, it doesn't seem all that expensive. I already had a multi-day passhopper when I went, so the entrance just added a day for me. Nevertheless, I must say that going to Club 33 was such an incredible treat; I found it worth every penny.

We went for lunch (as it was only $70). There was a buffet salad bar with a little cold pasta, shrimp, lobster, and crab I think (I don't eat shellfish), as well as a lot of fruit, I can't remember if there was anything else. The dessert bar was the most incredible thing ever...I actually have a picture lol if you want. They had amazing chocolate mousse cake, cheesecake, pudding, raspberry sauce, brownies, etc.

For lunch you got a choice of entree - duck, lamb, filet mingon (sp?), a 3 pasta dish, and maybe one more thing? I can't remember. The duck and filet were both really good (I shared with my boyfriend). They also had fries and burgers for the kids (one of my friends didn't want potatoes and got fries with her filet instead, lol).

The quality of food was excellent. Have a great meal!!

Has anyone experienced this?? Also, I've heard that a few characters make appearances -- is this true??

TIA!!
Brenda

Sunday brunch does have characters but it's not like the other character meals. Their interaction was very short and they didn't stay long. Basically they stopped by the table for a quick greeting. If I recall correctly, Mickey, Goofy and Chip and Dale were present. That was it.

What kind of food did they have at the Sunday brunch?? Thanks for the info on the characters.

Brenda

bskts4bj said:
What kind of food did they have at the Sunday brunch?? Thanks for the info on the characters.

Brenda

It's been a while and I don't remember very well. I know we had to order the entree but I don't remember what I or anyone else at the table ordered. There might have been a buffet of cold items like salads, fruits and cheeses. There was a desert buffet and there also was a pasta station where you could have a chef prepare pasta with the sauce of your choice. (They have Mickey shaped pasta.)

BTW, when I mentioned that the characters make a short visit, I do mean short. They were only in the restaraunt just long enough to table hop with their greetings and then they left the restaraunt. Couldn't have been more than 15 - 20 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter