Club 33 Social Media Rule(s)

Just thought I'd clarify something about the exchange with the men at the adjoining table that I failed to mention. One of them came over to our table and sat down with us. Based on what Malcon10t said, I believe that's what caused the staff to become alarmed and notify management?

The bathroom is very pretty and has an assortment of what I think of as cool things for a bathroom, in particular the lovely dressing area that has a makeup counter (for lack of a better term) with seating and includes various pretty containers of necessaries, and a beautiful chaise surrounded by artwork. I can see why people would be tempted to take a picture at the counter or on the chaise, but overall I can see their point in banning pics there, especially if there might be celebrities inside.

The bathroom is very pretty and has an assortment of what I think of as cool things for a bathroom, in particular the lovely dressing area that has a makeup counter (for lack of a better term) with seating and includes various pretty containers of necessaries, and a beautiful chaise surrounded by artwork. I can see why people would be tempted to take a picture at the counter or on the chaise, but overall I can see their point in banning pics there, especially if there might be celebrities inside.
Actually, it is CA state law. You can't use a camera inside a bathroom, dressing room, fitting room, etc.

Actually, it is CA state law. You can't use a camera inside a bathroom, dressing room, fitting room, etc.
That does make sense. I guess I've never thought about taking a picture in any other bathroom 8-)

We were so generously hosted by a member in November. He and his wife went to lunch with us, which was wonderful (even though we had never met them before--we had a mutual friend). I think part of the reason why they do that is to ensure that their guests follow the rules, along with being genuinely wonderful people who like to meet others and share their love of Disney. He told us a story of a member having this privileges revoked because a guest posted pictures on social media. Our host took a picture of us in the Court of Angels just inside the entrance, and on the balcony. He took a picture of the place setting on my phone. We were given the OK to share those.

Here is the thing.... Her host did not say "Don't take pics", they said "NO social media postings of ANY photos". Please abide by your host's wishes, regardless of what you have found online or what other's have said they could post. Make sure your guests understand. Things like this are the reason many members will no longer make unaccompanied reservations.

Oh, one of my favorite instagram posts? A picture someone took in the women's restroom with the caption "I know we were told not to take pics in the restroom, but this was just too pretty not to..."

Funny...I'm now thinking of who I would invite if I were a member and ironically, it wouldn't be any of my good friends because none of them would be able to control themselves. It would be my in-laws because they are very low tech and don't use any social online anythings and don't take pictures.

YUP! I would need to confiscate my daughters phone for the duration of our reservation for sure.

My wife and I have reservations next Wed for lunch... I came to Dis Boards to look around to find out what were in for.
Sure hope it's not too hot outside. I'd hate to get there and be all sweaty... dressed up and sweaty is not an attractive look for me ;)
I don't do social media so the rules are easy for me ! ( well old school boards but no facelooks or tweeters here )

Cant wait !

YUP! I would need to confiscate my daughters phone for the duration of our reservation for sure.
If your host made that request. The technical rule is no photos of bad taste. "Bad taste" can be subjective, and is at the discretion of management. So, many hosts(ess) will say absolutely no social media. Others will simply say "be considerate." My thing is if my host says "No", then do not do it.

My daughter's 33rd birthday weekend
68443004_10219222132254525_5647634410850222080_o.jpg

If your host made that request. The technical rule is no photos of bad taste. "Bad taste" can be subjective, and is at the discretion of management. So, many hosts(ess) will say absolutely no social media. Others will simply say "be considerate." My thing is if my host says "No", then do not do it.

My daughter's 33rd birthday weekend
68443004_10219222132254525_5647634410850222080_o.jpg
Great pictures!! I have some similar shots of my daughter's "Last Day of being 33" celebration :)

My wife and I have reservations next Wed for lunch... I came to Dis Boards to look around to find out what were in for.
Sure hope it's not too hot outside. I'd hate to get there and be all sweaty... dressed up and sweaty is not an attractive look for me ;)
I don't do social media so the rules are easy for me ! ( well old school boards but no facelooks or tweeters here )

Cant wait !

Hope you have a wonderful time!

the manager came out and reprimanded one of the people in their party who had initiated the conversation with us. Then the manager apologized to us and told us, basically, that you're not supposed to fraternize with people at other tables.

Did no one explain to him that it was a mutually enjoyable conversation so he didn’t worry that anyone was bothering anyone?

I'm curious - why are photos of the bathroom such a big no no? Is there something special about the bathrooms? That seems like the last place I'd think to take a photo.

Sometimes bathrooms are super-pretty.

I found this picture on Flickr of the old toilets. :)

So so so uncomfortable. From experience. Sounds like they’ve changed the toilets. I’d so I’m glad.

That does make sense. I guess I've never thought about taking a picture in any other bathroom 8-)

Don’t go to Universal Florida; they have some cool-themed bathrooms! Or on a Disney cruise ship. Pretty pretty.

Did no one explain to him that it was a mutually enjoyable conversation so he didn’t worry that anyone was bothering anyone?

Sometimes bathrooms are super-pretty.

So so so uncomfortable. From experience. Sounds like they’ve changed the toilets. I’d so I’m glad.

Don’t go to Universal Florida; they have some cool-themed bathrooms! Or on a Disney cruise ship. Pretty pretty.
Oh, yes! We tried to explain that we were having a fun time and he hadn't forced his company on us, but they were adamant about a rule barring such behavior. I can understand the reason for the rule but it wasn't something I thought of when he slid his chair over and chatted with us from a closer vantage.

I guess I've missed the boat on bathroom beauty, although I did take a bunch of pictures of the bathroom in the Fairy Tale Suite! Now that was pretty incredible, I will admit. I'd forgotten about that.

I suppose if management left it to the guests digression whether one party was intruding on the other, it could put some guests in a difficult position. If the intruder tells management, "Don't worry, we're just having a friendly chat," is the other party supposed to say, "Well, actually...."?

It seems the purpose of the policy is to spare them from needing to seem unfriendly by allowing no exceptions.

I suppose if management left it to the guests digression whether one party was intruding on the other, it could put some guests in a difficult position. If the intruder tells management, "Don't worry, we're just having a friendly chat," is the other party supposed to say, "Well, actually...."?

It seems the purpose of the policy is to spare them from needing to seem unfriendly by allowing no exceptions.
Very true. I've had an instance where I was talking to someone, and a lead came to ask me if everything was ok (it was) but I asked her "If it wasn't, and you are asking me in front of them, do you think I can answer accurately?"

This isn't photo related, but if you do go for dinner and are a woman, make sure your bra strap isn't showing! Or at least bring a cover up. I was wearing a dress where my straps showed a bit (nothing immodest or something that make me self-conscious while walking around the park) and they provided me with a shawl. Thankfully it was rather chilly in there, so I didn't mind! And they were very discrete in asking me to cover up a bit - the people at one end of the table didn't even realize it until they saw me wearing the shawl!

Well I **did** take pictures in the bathroom when I was at Club 33 :o

It was unique in there--the loo is white wicker!

I did not post them, but showed them to friends and family. No harm, no foul.

This isn't photo related, but if you do go for dinner and are a woman, make sure your bra strap isn't showing! Or at least bring a cover up. I was wearing a dress where my straps showed a bit (nothing immodest or something that make me self-conscious while walking around the park) and they provided me with a shawl. Thankfully it was rather chilly in there, so I didn't mind! And they were very discrete in asking me to cover up a bit - the people at one end of the table didn't even realize it until they saw me wearing the shawl!
Yes. My daughter likes to wear sleeveless and tank style shirts (Tank tops are on the "Not Allowed" list.) The top she is wearing above is a sleeveless blouse. Because of this, and knowing bra straps can slip, she always carries a shrug with her (the black coverup.) The woman sitting with us at the table in the blue and green dress also had a tank style dress, and she carries a shrug (this was a blue one.) If there is a chance a bra strap can show, carry a shrug, wrap, shawl. It is just easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter