Clothing questions for ladies/moms...

Fsudisney

Mouseketeer
My fellow ladies/moms- not sure if this is quite the right forum to ask but ...
What brand/store leggings or shorts do you like to wear to the parks with your cute Disney t's? I tend to veer away from shorts because I suffer some major thigh rub and end up spending half the day pulling shorts down and it's not as comfy as I'd like to be in them. But I'm open to ideas.
Looking for a good place to look for comfy shorts or some exercise or Capri length leggings that won't cut in the mid section and show too much muffin top. For reference I'm 5'3" and wear a 12.

Thanks all!

I don't wear leggings in the summer but do wear regular capris and pedal pushers and I lean toward soft knit shorts that have pockets. I don't like to carry a bag so pockets are a must. I just kind of get mine everywhere, mostly I go to Amazon and put in my wants and go from there. I don't wear any shorts that are less than 7 in. cause I'm not young any more.

I usually do Old Navy leggings. I also wear a lot of the Old Navy bermuda type shorts. I think they are pretty comfortable. I just found shorts at Wal Mart that are knit and sooooo comfy. I think they would be great for the parks. They are No Boundaries brand and have heathered look to them. I think I paid around $4.94 a pair.

I secong Old navy capris, I also shop at Khol's and find great sales, and for the rubbing tights get yourself bodyglide it work wonders or just plain deodorant the solid one

I love capris that are that swishy "windbreaker" material, (I cant think of a better way to describe them) I get them at Kohls. Brands I've had in the past are Kohls store brands and Lee.

For the rubbing/chafing issue, you HAVE to get this product, Gold Bond Friction Defense!!! It goes on clear, and prevents any type of rubbing/irration. I use it in my bra area, my muffintop area, thighs, and even my heel area where my shoes rub. Its amazing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VC9DKI?th=1

have you tried any skorts with the little shorts underneath? I found for the last trip that these worked out well. nice coverage, no tugging, super cute with basically any top. I usually use sport skorts. I have had luck getting them at several places including JCPenney, Dick's sporting goods and also from Amazon. And for the rubbing, I slather all of us (DS included) in any places that might get uncomfy, with Body Glide.

I do not wear shorts (bad legs) and I only wear leggings in the fall/winter (it's very hot here in the Southeast). I buy most of my apparel from QVC. In particular: Denim & Co. and LOGO. Denim & Co. has TONS of shorts, capris, leggings and crop pants in sooooo many colors and styles. I just purchased 3 pair of wide leg crop pants (A292468). Another very popular brand on QVC is women with control. Check it out, I think you'll find something you will like.

I found these last trip: the under shorts actually fit amazingly, no rub at all!!

https://sparkleskirts.com/collections/swingstyle

But body glide, mentioned above, really does work. I've used a lot of different things, but body glide is the only one that lasts all day and doesn't make me break out.

I love the idea of those! They look a little short though. How long are they? I'm 5'5". They're pricey. Wonder if there is cheaper, but still good version. Thx

I usually wear workout/yoga capris that I get at TJmaxx or Marshalls. I have a few brands. I can never find shorts that look good on me. I used to do skorts, but depending on the material sometimes the extra layer can get hot.

I love the idea of those! They look a little short though. How long are they? I'm 5'5". They're pricey, but maybe worth it if they're good. Thx

I was worried about that too, but basically finger tip length- long enough that it hides the "problem" areas of my thighs, short enough to look cute and be cool.

You can order a hiking skirt- it's more knee length. I have one of each because I was worried about length, but I don't wear the hiking skirt much, it's too hot for me and I like the length of the swing style better- I'm not sure how to describe it but, it's at that perfect swing/cute flip length for me.

I'm 5'8.

And well worth the money- they neither ride up or roll down. And that is so hard for me to find in sports wear, you have no idea.

I was worried about that too, but basically finger tip length- long enough that it hides the "problem" areas of my thighs, short enough to look cute and be cool.

You can order a hiking skirt- it's more knee length. I have one of each because I was worried about length, but I don't wear the hiking skirt much, it's too hot for me and I like the length of the swing style better- I'm not sure how to describe it but, it's at that perfect swing/cute flip length for me.

I'm 5'8.

And well worth the money- they neither ride up or roll down. And that is so hard for me to find in sports wear, you have no idea.[/QU

Thx. Finger tip length is perfect. Maybe I'll order one and see how I like it.

Not sure how my reply ended up in your quote @Westcoastwild.
I was saying Finger tip length is perfect. Maybe I'll order one to see how I like it. Thx

I wear workout capris. I get mine at a local department store called Belk. Never had a rubbing issue.

I love the idea of those! They look a little short though. How long are they? I'm 5'5". They're pricey. Wonder if there is cheaper, but still good version. Thx
I wear the hikerchic ones. They are longer. They are absolutely worth the money. Better than others on the market. I've had two pair for three years. Washed hundreds of times, worn hundreds of times. Like new still.

If you are a Costco member they have a skort that is amazing in comfort. They are $9.99 (plus tax and shipping if applicable-ETA: right now they may be free for shipping) and come in a few colors (which are different than last year's colors with the exception of black which they had last year too)

https://www.costco.com/Tranquility-by-Colorado-Clothing-Ladies’-Skort,-Black.product.100229652.html

Website lists the sizing and the skirt length.

I have two of them myself and I love them. I don't have chafing problems. I actually am in the market of getting shorts to wear underneath the other skirts I have but I may also try the Body Glide that I have hear soooo much about throughout the DIS.

I'm 5'2" so sometimes capris can look like crop pants/floods on me. The old navy compression capris come up very high and offer a flattering fit but are closer to the ankle than I prefer. Kohls tek-gear capris are the perfect length for me (1" below the knee) they are super soft. If you feel like a dress or skirt I can't say enough about Jockey's slip shorts/skimmies. I think I have liked every post that has ever mentioned them. For me they are life changing. No rub and super breathable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts