Clothes/Shoes - Orlando/central Florida vs Canada

seema

Mouseketeer
I will be interested in mens, women's, and children's clothing and shoes, in the Orlando area.

Where (both in the department stores, regular shopping malls, discount/factory clearance malls etc) can I find a variety, quality, and price, at least as good (if not better) as in any major Canadian city (esp Toronto)? What would you shop for, and where, in the Orlando area, compared to buying a comparable product in Canada?

We try to make at least one visit to Belz Outlet Mall
each trip down. Lots of designer stores-my kids
like the Nike and Reebok.
Great place to get good discount on Disney Merchandise
for souvenirs etc.
They've got lots of stores but they are spread out at bit.
We spend at least one full day shopping there.

I like Orlando Premium Outlet Mall, it's a "must" on every trip for us! Here is a little description from the Go2orlando site:

"Orlando Premium Outlets Mall
8200 Vineland Avenue
Orlando, FL 32821
Mon. - Sat. 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Major credit cards accepted.
This Mediterranean style-shopping village features 110 stores offering discounts from 25% to 65%. The Spanish-styled courtyards with decorative fountains adds a touch-of-class to casual shopping. Visit such designer shops as Versace, Louis Feraud, Perry Ellis, or Ralph Lauren. There is an air-conditioned food court, parcel post shipping, wheelchairs, strollers and ATMs. The open-air atmosphere combined with the old fashioned, lamppost-lighted walkways make an evening stroll along Plaza de las Fuentes an experience you won't want to miss."

I agree with Julie.
It's got good variety and nice atmosphere!

If you don't want to spend the whole day shopping that is the place to go!

Scratch
:smooth:

I always make it a habit to buy stuff in the U.S. even with the exchange difference, you can usually always find better discounted "high end" stuff, more factory outlets, and if you talk to the "locals" you'll find out where the good discount shops are.
Tax rate in FL. is only 6%- so I actually find it cheaper shopping there than here in T.O.

How are the department stores in Orlando, compared to those in Canada? I am particularly interested in children's clothes - which department stores, boutique stores, or factory clearance stores are the best, in this area?

I'll have to put in another vote for the Premium Outlets! They're only minutes from WDW and there's lots of parking or if you take a cab its about $6. I was able to pick up lots of stuff there ... I bought a really nice DKNY dress there for $20 and Nike running shoes for $20. This is a link for the outlet:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter