Closing Time!!

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Sales (Mark & Lori Webb)
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 7/31
Offer accepted: 7/31
Sent to ROFR: 7/31
Passed ROFR: 8/20
Closing docs received: 8/22
Closing docs returned: 8/23 (delayed closing requested by seller of 9/12)
Funds sent: 8/26 (wire)
Seller returned closing docs: unknown (international seller)
Closing: 9/9 (surprised, because this was a few days before we thought it would close)
Deed recorded on OC site: ?? don’t know how to check this
Received Onetime Activation Code: not received (existing member?)
Contract Visible on member site: 9/18
Received welcome letter: did not receive
Points in my account: 9/19

50 days from Offer to Points in Account, not too bad for international seller and delayed closing requested by seller.

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Sales (Mark & Lori Webb)
Title Company: Mason Title (Cammy Smith)
Offer made: 7/31
Offer accepted: 7/31
Sent to ROFR: 7/31
Passed ROFR: 8/20
Closing docs received: 8/22
Closing docs returned: 8/23 (delayed closing requested by seller of 9/12)
Funds sent: 8/26 (wire)
Seller returned closing docs: unknown (international seller)
Closing: 9/9 (surprised, because this was a few days before we thought it would close)
Deed recorded on OC site: ?? don’t know how to check this
Received Onetime Activation Code: not received (existing member?)
Contract Visible on member site: 9/18
Received welcome letter: did not receive
Points in my account: 9/19

50 days from Offer to Points in Account, not too bad for international seller and delayed closing requested by seller.

That is awesome your points were loaded so quickly! Enjoy!!

I suppose I should've done some more research on closing companies! I didn't realize that First American was sooo slow! I've seen contracts take almost a month for closing docs. I'm almost 10 days out from passing rofr and havent heard a peep from First American!

Just had offer accepted yesterday on 200 Aulani points. financing in place and contract signed (on my end so far). hoping it goes quick because its Aulani. $89 a point (non-subsidized). I am excited, this is my family's first DVC contract (first any timeshare contract). so far it has gone really well. did a lot of research first, now just the waiting game.

Update 4 - Got the one-time code just now.

Edit to include deed recorded date.

Home: PVB
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 8/12/19
Offer accepted: 8/12/19 (an hour after offer)
Sent to ROFR: 8/14/19
Passed ROFR: 9/3/19
Closing docs received: 9/6/19
Closing docs returned: 9/9/19
Funds sent: 9/9/19
Seller returned closing docs: 9/12/19
Closing: 9/12/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 9/14
Received E-mail with one-time code: 9/19/19
Contract Visible on member site:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
I suppose I should've done some more research on closing companies! I didn't realize that First American was sooo slow! I've seen contracts take almost a month for closing docs. I'm almost 10 days out from passing rofr and havent heard a peep from First American!
It took 4 weeks for First American to send my closing documents after passing ROFR in June. Some are reporting they may be a little faster now.

Similar story for me. My first contract last month was Mason Title and everything happened super quickly. Second contract is with First American, and despite passing ROFR awhile ago, no peep at all from them yet.

Similar story for me. My first contract last month was Mason Title and everything happened super quickly. Second contract is with First American, and despite passing ROFR awhile ago, no peep at all from them yet.

Why not send an email?! Just ask for the status, somebody will get back to you! I definitely have no shame when it comes to asking questions about the status!!

Closing: 09/06/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 09/08/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: 09/13/19
Contract Visible on member site: 09/18/19
Received welcome letter: 09/18/2019
Points in my account: waiting impatiently

Cool, this is close to where we are. We closed on the 9th, recorded on the 10th, received the email on the 13th. We havent received our welcome letter but hopefully that's close, considering they emailed us on the same day after being recorded the same week.

Home: CCV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 8/21/2019
Offer accepted: 8/21/2019
Sent to ROFR: 8/23/2019
Passed ROFR: 9/10/2019
Closing docs received: 9/19/2019
Closing docs returned:9/20/2019
Funds sent:9/20/2019
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Received E-mail with one-time code:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

Following up: heard from Title Co. this morning... sellers finally returned their closing documents. Will be closing in 2-4 days.

Update 4! Yay!!

I just happened to go on the Comptroller website and I saw our deed was recorded today!!!!!!!! Does that mean we closed today?!! From what they wrote me this morning, they just received the sellers documents and that we will close within the next 2 to 4 business days. I was very surprised to see it already recorded!?!

Home: SSR
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 7/30/19
Offer accepted: 7/30/19
Sent to ROFR: 8/2/19
Passed ROFR: 8/21/19
Closing docs received: 8/28/19
Closing docs returned: 8/29/19
Funds sent: 8/29/19
Seller returned closing docs: 9/18/19
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site: 9/20/19
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Update 4! Yay!!

I just happened to go on the Comptroller website and I saw our deed was recorded today!!!!!!!! Does that mean we closed today?!! From what they wrote me this morning, they just received the sellers documents and that we will close within the next 2 to 4 business days. I was very surprised to see it already recorded!?!

That would be a good assumption. They wouldn’t send the deed without closing. I was notified a few days after closing by the title company and the selling agent that mine closed when it did. Oddly enough I don’t see it on the Comptroller’s website yet.

That would be a good assumption. They wouldn’t send the deed without closing. I was notified a few days after closing by the title company and the selling agent that mine closed when it did. Oddly enough I don’t see it on the Comptroller’s website yet.

Thanks!!! It was just an odd day from start to finish yesterday!!! I had emailed the one agent (yesterday morning) to ask the status of the Sellers Closing documents. He wrote back and informed me they still had not received them back yet!!! So literally after I read his email, another agent wrote me an email and said they had just received the Sellers Closing documents and we’d close in 2-4 Business days. Then that night, I checked the Comptroller’s website, and there’s my Recorded deed!!!!! I’m happy it’s all said and done, but, I was just confused by the day as a whole.

So weird you closed already and don’t see yours posted yet?? How many days ago was your closing?

Home: AKL
Offer made: 7/25/19
Offer accepted: 7/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 7/29/19
Passed ROFR: 8/18/19
Closing docs received: 8/23/19
Closing docs returned: 8/27/19
Funds sent: 8/27/19
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded on OC site:
Received welcome letter:
Points in my account:

60 days start to finish... And I beat the sellers by 9 days with returning the docs.
Home: AKL
Offer made: 7/25/19
Offer accepted: 7/25/19
Sent to ROFR: 7/29/19
Passed ROFR: 8/18/19
Closing docs received: 8/23/19
Closing docs returned: 8/27/19
Funds sent: 8/27/19
Seller returned closing docs:9/5/19
Closing:9/10/19
Deed recorded on OC site:9/6/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: n/a
Contract Visible on member site: 9/17/19
Received welcome letter:9/21/19
Points in my account:9/22/19 (called 9/19 and they said wait until Sunday. Called Sunday and they put me on hold until the points were available.)

So weird you closed already and don’t see yours posted yet?? How many days ago was your closing?

Closing was all in the same day. I sent all of the closing documents back and certified check via fedex and they received it on 9/12. They emailed me telling me they received it and will close ASAP. They emailed me a few hours later saying they received the documents from the seller (I assume electronic signatures) and they closed right then.

Still not seeing it on the OC site. Very odd.

Closing was all in the same day. I sent all of the closing documents back and certified check via fedex and they received it on 9/12. They emailed me telling me they received it and will close ASAP. They emailed me a few hours later saying they received the documents from the seller (I assume electronic signatures) and they closed right then.

Still not seeing it on the OC site. Very odd.

Oh wow. So frustrating!!!!!! I would definitely reach out to them by email and just say you would like to follow up. You could always just tell them you would like to confirm that everything was taken care of.

So I just heard back from my closing agent and he said that we did NOT close yet, but we are supposed to close later today.

Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 8/9/19
Offer accepted: 8/12/19
Sent to ROFR: 8/12/19
Passed ROFR: 8/30/19
Closing docs received: 9/5/19
Closing docs returned: 9/5/19
Funds sent: 9/5/19
Seller returned closing docs: 9/13/19
Closing: 9/13/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 9/16/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: N/A (direct owner at Copper Creek)
Contract Visible on member site: 9/20/19
Received welcome letter: N/A
Points in my account: 9/21/19

Broker: The Timeshare Store
Title Company: Mason
Offer made: 8/9/19
Offer accepted: 8/12/19
Sent to ROFR: 8/12/19
Passed ROFR: 8/30/19
Closing docs received: 9/5/19
Closing docs returned: 9/5/19
Funds sent: 9/5/19
Seller returned closing docs: 9/13/19
Closing: 9/13/19
Deed recorded on OC site: 9/16/19
Received E-mail with one-time code: N/A (direct owner at Copper Creek)
Contract Visible on member site: 9/20/19
Received welcome letter: N/A
Points in my account: 9/21/19
Fast as it gets with resale I think!

Oh wow. So frustrating!!!!!! I would definitely reach out to them by email and just say you would like to follow up. You could always just tell them you would like to confirm that everything was taken care of.

So I just heard back from my closing agent and he said that we did NOT close yet, but we are supposed to close later today.

It's there! The title company sent me the copy that is listed on the OC website. For some reason even when I search my name it won't pull up. When I search using the document number it pulls up.

Not too much longer when it gets closed!

Now just waiting for our welcome letter. I've noticed in this thread that you could call and get your member ID, but then even when people do that the contract may not be loaded and even if it is the points won't be there. So I'll be just be a little patient and wait for the letter in the mail before calling and wasting both of our time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!