Closing Time!!

Cammy Smith at Mason Title was our closing agent too, and she was great, prompt and responsive. I also recommend Mark Webb at DVC Sales, very helpful and quick to reply to all my questions. I’ll post details once we have our membership and points from Disney - hope it’s not too much longer!

UPDATE

Home: Poly
Broker: DVC Sales
Title Company: Mason Title
Offer made: 3/5/19
Offer accepted: 3/5/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/11/19
Passed ROFR: 3/19/19
Closing docs received: 4/12/19
Closing docs returned:4/21/19
Funds sent:4/21/19
Seller returned closing docs: 4/25/19
Closing: 5/6/19 (Planned)
Deed recorded on OC site: 5/6/19
Received Onetime Activation Code: 5/11/19
Contract Visible on member site: TBD
Points in my account: TBD

Final Update

Home: BLT
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/13/19
Offer accepted: 3/14/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/18/19
Passed ROFR: 3/27/19
Closing docs received: 4/5/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/17/19 (caught us out of town and then had to find a notary to complete...so an extra week)
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/23/19 (?)
Closing:4/23/29
Deed recorded on OC site: 4/23/19
Contract Visible on member site: 5/11/19
Points in my account: 5/11/19
Member letter received: 5/11/19 (dated 5/1)

Really, points and contract on the site were probably there sooner, but I couldn't call to log in until I received the letter (ironically I spent the week at DL, constantly looking at the VGC rooms and already thinking about adding on points there...). In any case, under 2 months from offer to finish.

We got our activation code over the weekend but still no welcome package/member number, etc. I am really hoping that I open the mailbox later and they are there, but I'm not holding my breath!

From what I'm reading, it seems to be a toss of a coin as to whether calling Member Services once you get your activation code enables you to learn your Membership # and therefore gain access to your account. To those who have been able to call MS and get this information, were your purchases direct or resale? We bought resale.

I might give a call later if we still don't have anything but I figured I'd ask so I could keep my expectations/potential excitement in check!

We got our activation code over the weekend but still no welcome package/member number, etc. I am really hoping that I open the mailbox later and they are there, but I'm not holding my breath!

From what I'm reading, it seems to be a toss of a coin as to whether calling Member Services once you get your activation code enables you to learn your Membership # and therefore gain access to your account. To those who have been able to call MS and get this information, were your purchases direct or resale? We bought resale.

I might give a call later if we still don't have anything but I figured I'd ask so I could keep my expectations/potential excitement in check!

If I'm remembering right - with our first resale, that activation code letter was the only thing we ever got. We called member services with that to get the rest set up.

This is very vital information! I think I will definitely try calling tonight after work. I have not been patient since we closed :laughing:

i hope i’m remembering right and that it worked! good luck! i think that last wait to get into your account is the hardest of the whole process.

Home: Wilderness Lodge Villas (BRV)
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American Title
Offer Made: 3/2
Offer accepted: 3/4
Sent to ROFR: 3/6
Passed ROFR: 3/26 (20 days!)
Closing Documents Received: 4/19 (24 days!)
Buyer's Closing Documents Returned: 4/20
Seller's Closing Documents Returned: 4/24
Closed: 4/29
Deed Recorded: 4/29
Closing documents in mail: 5/10
Welcome letter: 5/13

Tried to use the membership number to log in, but no - you also need an activation code, and the office has already closed for the day. Wow, is this frustrating! Anyway, we're getting so close. Seemed to me that the 24 days from passing ROFR to receiving closing docs was excessive, but maybe that's typical for Fidelity. Good info in the posts just above.

i hope i’m remembering right and that it worked! good luck! i think that last wait to get into your account is the hardest of the whole process.

Thanks! This wait has been torture haha. When we got our activation code I almost lost my mind haha

Home: Wilderness Lodge Villas (BRV)
Broker: Fidelity
Title Company: First American Title
Offer Made: 3/2
Offer accepted: 3/4
Sent to ROFR: 3/6
Passed ROFR: 3/26 (20 days!)
Closing Documents Received: 4/19 (24 days!)
Buyer's Closing Documents Returned: 4/20
Seller's Closing Documents Returned: 4/24
Closed: 4/29
Deed Recorded: 4/29
Closing documents in mail: 5/10
Welcome letter: 5/13

Tried to use the membership number to log in, but no - you also need an activation code, and the office has already closed for the day. Wow, is this frustrating! Anyway, we're getting so close. Seemed to me that the 24 days from passing ROFR to receiving closing docs was excessive, but maybe that's typical for Fidelity. Good info in the posts just above.
seems typical for them. They also seem to close the office REALLY early. I tried contacting them at 3pm one day and they were gone. I"m still waiting to hear of our contract passed ROFR most people seem to have heard yesterday for the dates around mine. But I think their office was closed already when Disney sent out the results.

We bought resale, got the activation code email. After waiting another 3 or 4 business days without receiving the welcome membership letter, I called member services. They would NOT help me on the phone. They told me to keep waiting for the letter. It was disappointing because we were going to WDW a couple days later and I wanted the electronic membership ID for access to top of the world lounge.
When we returned from our WDW trip, the membership letter had arrived. It was dated the same day as the activation email. But I could not set up the online DVC account that same day since Member services was closed. You need a “club ID” number in addition to the membership number and the activation code. So you still have to call member service.

Passed ROFR on 4/17

Haven't received anything new since then.

It gets old, but it's nowhere near as stressful as waiting for an ROFR decision at least.

Broker is *************

If I'm remembering right - with our first resale, that activation code letter was the only thing we ever got. We called member services with that to get the rest set up.

We bought resale, got the activation code email. After waiting another 3 or 4 business days without receiving the welcome membership letter, I called member services. They would NOT help me on the phone. They told me to keep waiting for the letter. It was disappointing because we were going to WDW a couple days later and I wanted the electronic membership ID for access to top of the world lounge.
When we returned from our WDW trip, the membership letter had arrived. It was dated the same day as the activation email. But I could not set up the online DVC account that same day since Member services was closed. You need a “club ID” number in addition to the membership number and the activation code. So you still have to call member service.

Hi! We closed on our first resale contract last week (new members) and now I’m anxiously waiting to set up our account! Should I be looking for an email or letter with all the different numbers? Both?

Hi! We closed on our first resale contract last week (new members) and now I’m anxiously waiting to set up our account! Should I be looking for an email or letter with all the different numbers? Both?

Look for an email with the activation code and a snail mail welcome letter with your member number.

Ok, I called the 800 number then somehow got to Technical Assistance which was able to give me the member ID and activation code over the phone. I had previously needed to provide my membership number (which was on the Welcome letter), phone number, and last 4 of my SSN. With that I was able to set up the online account at https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com, and I'm good to go!

progress! update #1 - this is moving along faster than I expected it would w/ the delayed closing!

Broker: DVC resale market
Title company: magical vacation title
Offer made: 3/25
Offer accepted: 3/25
Contract received and returned: 3/27
Sent to ROFR: 4/9
Passed ROFR: 5/1
**can't close till 5/19/2019**
Closing docs received: 5/10
Buyers closing docs returned: 5/14 (didn't expect them so quickly and had to make the funds liquid - HA)
Sellers closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed on site:
Contract visible on member site:
Points in account:
Welcome letter:

Finally out of the title company's hands. I thought this would take about 2 months, not closer to 3 :(

Home: AKV
Broker: DVC Resale Market
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 3/16/19
Offer accepted: 3/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 3/19/19
Passed ROFR: 3/29/19
Closing docs received:4/5/19
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/10/19
Seller’s closing docs returned: 5/2/19 (Or earlier that was when I learned through email)
Closing: 5/14/19
Deed recorded on OC site:
Contract Visible on member site:
Points in my account:
Member letter received:

Final Final Update :):

Home: AUL
Broker: DVC Resale Market (Marissa)
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 2/12/19
Offer accepted: 2/12/19
Sent to ROFR: 2/15/19
Passed ROFR: 3/4/19
Closing docs received: 4/5/2019
Buyer’s closing docs returned: 4/9/2019
Seller’s closing docs returned: 4/9/2019
Closing: 4/10/2019
Deed recorded on HI BOC site: 4/15/2019
Contract Visible on member site: 5/5/2019
Points in my account: 5/11/2019
Welcome letter received: 5/13/2019 (dated 5/4/2019)

Figured I would join in the waiting/closing time fun. This is our second resale contract. So far we have been very happy with Shontell at DVC by resale and with Attorney Sweets office. Both are on their game and are prompt to respond to any questions.

Broker: DVC by Resale
Title Company: Jeffrey Sweet
Offer made: 4/17/19
Offer accepted: 4/17/19
Sent to ROFR: 4/20/19
Passed ROFR: 5/8/19
Closing docs received: 5/14/19
Closing docs returned:5/15/19
Funds sent:5/15/19
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 6/7/19 (Planned)
Deed recorded on OC site: ?
Received Onetime Activation Code:?
Contract Visible on member site: ?
Points in my account: ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter