Closing Time!!

How long do I need to wait before I can try and get my membership number and login from Disney? I want to make end of November plans if possible, 25-28, and that 7 month mark is happening very soon. I’m hoping for OKW or AKL.
I was able to get my membership number 13 days after the deed was recorded and when I logged in my points were already available. I read that some people got their number around 8 days later but it took a couple more days for the points to be in their account.

Thank you rehsu. I called in today and they gave me what I needed so I could log in.

This long process is over until next time, happy dance!!! Someday I hope to purchase direct and become a real boy.
Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 2/14
Offer accepted: 2/15
Sent to ROFR: 2/26
Passed ROFR: 3/11
Closing docs received: 3/26
Closing docs returned: 3/27
Seller returned closing docs: 4/5
Closing: 4/11
Deed recorded: 4/12
Points in my account: 4/23 (I'm not sure when they actually came in)

WE PASSED ROFR AFTER 38 DAYS. I HOPE THE REST IS FASTER.

Home: AUL
Offer made: 3/12
Offer accepted: 3/13
Sent to ROFR: 3/16
Passed ROFR: 4/23
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Seller returned closing docs:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Home: PVB
Title Company: First Reliable Transfers
Offer made: 3/22
Offer accepted: 3/26
Sent to ROFR: 4/4
Passed ROFR: 4/19
Closing docs received: 4/24
Closing docs returned: 4/25
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

My 2nd and final contract. My first was 160 at VGC and this is 100 at Poly. Same UY. Oh happy day!!!!

Updated

Offer made: 3/12
Offer accepted: 3/13
Sent to ROFR: 3/16
Passed ROFR: 4/23
Closing docs received: 4/26
Closing docs returned: 4/27
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Final Update

Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 1/20
Offer accepted: 1/23
Sent to ROFR: 1/24
Passed ROFR: 2/7
Closing docs received: 3/9
Closing docs returned: 3/10
Closing: 4/5
Deed recorded: 4/11
Points in my account: 4/27 (not sure when they were uploaded but we're already DVC members)

Hope I didn't scare any other Aulani buyers with our long timeline. We got our final documents back (and a nice little refund for overpayment) and it looks like our sellers didn't sign their documents until March 29. Hopefully it goes by more quickly for others!

Final Update

Hope I didn't scare any other Aulani buyers with our long timeline. We got our final documents back (and a nice little refund for overpayment) and it looks like our sellers didn't sign their documents until March 29. Hopefully it goes by more quickly for others!

Congratulations! I can't speak for @jjwelch24 but since there are so few of us on here it's been nice to have some company. Thanks for posting!

Thank you rehsu. I called in today and they gave me what I needed so I could log in.

This long process is over until next time, happy dance!!! Someday I hope to purchase direct and become a real boy.
Home: SSR
Offer made: 2/14
Offer accepted: 2/15
Sent to ROFR: 2/26
Passed ROFR: 3/11
Closing docs received: 3/26
Closing docs returned: 3/27
Seller returned closing docs: 4/5
Closing: 4/11
Deed recorded: 4/12
Points in my account: 4/23 (I'm not sure when they actually came in)

Could you tell me what number/department you called? I’m not even sure where to start.

For our Aulani time frame the holdup was ROFR. The title company sent out closing documents the day after the ROFR was waived. Hopefully the rest of the process will go that quickly. We have international sellers though so that might slow it down.

Offer made: 2/5
Offer accepted: 2/5
Sent to ROFR: 2/7
Passed ROFR: 2/28
Closing docs received: 3/14
Closing docs returned: 4/23(had a close after date of 4/23/18)
Seller returned closing docs: before 4/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

First American received my documents on 4/24, got an email on 4/27 saying closing would be in the next 3-5 business days, is it normal to take that long from receipt of documents?

First American
Sent to ROFR: 3/5
Seller error so sent again: 3/28
ROFR EXERCISED: 4/25
ROFR WAIVED: 4/27

Closing docs received: 4/30
Closing docs returned: 4/30
Closing seller docs returned:
Closing date:
Deed:
Has anyone ever had the ROFR exercised and then 2 days later Disney waives their ROFR?

First American
Sent to ROFR: 3/5
Seller error so sent again: 3/28
ROFR EXERCISED: 4/25
ROFR WAIVED: 4/27

Closing docs received: 4/30
Closing docs returned: 4/30
Closing seller docs returned:
Closing date:
Deed:
Has anyone ever had the ROFR exercised and then 2 days later Disney waives their ROFR?
I’ve never read of that happening. I wonder if the broker made a mistake and sent you the wrong email initially? I suppose DVC could have made the same mistake.

It actually WAS DVC! First American showed us. It was a rollercoaster of emotions but happy with the outcome! It’s going to be tight between getting the 190 points and using them before the Aug use year. I wish I could get into the ressie system and see if it’s even possible but not til we’re “members”. I’ll take whatever I can get so I don’t lose the points!

Home: BCV
Title Company: ***
Offer made: 3/23
Offer accepted: 3/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/27
Passed ROFR: 4/9
Closing docs received: 5/1
Closing docs returned: 5/1
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 3/7
Offer accepted: 3/7
Sent to ROFR: 3/13
Passed ROFR: 3/28
Closing docs received: 4/17
Closing docs returned: 4/20
Closing: 4/26
Deed recorded: 4/26
Points in my account:

Might be a stupid question but... Why is there a long wait between Passed ROFR and Closing docs received for all Title companies? Is this hold up with Disney to the Title company or simply the Title companies not being staffed at high enough levels? Seems like a 3 to 4 week wait is pretty normal.

Might be a stupid question but... Why is there a long wait between Passed ROFR and Closing docs received for all Title companies? Is this hold up with Disney to the Title company or simply the Title companies not being staffed at high enough levels? Seems like a 3 to 4 week wait is pretty normal.
Has to do with the estoppel process.

My broker gave me this to help with understanding the timeline:

Closing takes an estimated 10-12 weeks

Hilton Head, Aulani and Grand Californian may take an additional 2-4 weeks as these are attorney states and not closed by a title company.

The title Company will send the contract to Disney. Disney has 30 days to review.

Once it comes back from ROFR we have to wait on Disney to send the estoppel before the closing documents can be prepared. This has been taking 3-4 weeks after ROFR.

The title company sends out the closing documents normally within 72 hours of receiving the estoppel.

After ALL closing documents from the buyer and seller, are received back the final Point Activity Summary is ordered from Disney (3-5) business days.

The deed is then sent to the county for recording this takes up to 72 hours if no holidays or weekends.

Once it is recorded they send it back to the title company. The title company sends it to overnight to Disney.

Disney then has 3-4 weeks to upload your information and send your membership letter. When you get the letter you will call them for an activation code. If you are a current member the points will show up on your Dashboard in 10-14 business days.

The seller s funds will be mailed 10-14 days after Disney receives the recorded documents. This allows sufficient time for property transfer.

Last edited:
Hilton Head, Aulani and Grand Californian may take an additional 2-4 weeks as these are attorney states and not closed by a title company.

I think you may be right about HHI. My Aulani and Grand Californian contracts have been handled by a title company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter