closest timeshare to DL???

dsanner106

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I really like having a full kitchen, sep bedrooms etc, as offered by timeshares, but will only go with one if relatively close to DL. Can anyone recommend any in the area??

Thanks
Drew in Ga

We are staying at the Embassy Suites in South Anaheim (Garden Grove). Staying in a 1 bedroom with kitchen. I have never stayed there before, but have heard great reviews about it. We also chose this place because we got a great deal on it. It is a bit of a walk to and from Disneyland 10 - 15 mins. each way. There is also a shuttle bus for $3/person. Here is the website if you want to check it out.

http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=LAXGDES

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

Having looked for exchanges with both RCI & Interval International, the closest timeshare they list is the place we stayed on Halloween: Dolphin Cove Resort on Orangewood just off Harbour Blvd. Very pleasant facility. Units were pretty standard and had most of what we needed. Service was very friendly and helpful but unfortunately when we asked for extra pillows and blankets to be brought to the room, they never arrived. Could have just been us. We just needed a place to crash (with a little extra room and the ability to easily have breakfast) and it fit the bill.

These are about 25 minutes away by car (assuming no horrific traffic jams). We have stayed there twice and loved it. 1400 square foot 2 bedroom villas with great kitchens. Washer, dryer, etc. We love the kitchens too, which is why we stay there, but I think for our next trip, we will book the Grand Californian for the proximity to DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter