CLOSED: Should I Start A PTR? The Answer Is Always YES!_A January/Feb 2018 PTR

Happy Halloween everyone!

:hmghost:

2017-10-31 21.10.31.jpg 2017-10-31 21.10.00.jpg

I hope everyone has had a safe and fun night. I wanted the kids to be a princess and a frog, but Ashlyn had her heart set on the pink power ranger. She wanted to be the same last year but the costume sold out...so this year she was adamant. Miles made a cute Woody though. :dumbo:

On to the ptr'ing...

More Changes...or my brief stint at trying to rent DVC points

So, the more I thought about the price I was paying to stay at All Star Sports the more it bothered me. I began looking into renting points again, and Micheal and I decided we wanted to do it regardless of my sister's choice. Well, when I talked to her she was actually on board with it! I excitedly contacted dvcrequest, and was quickly told there was no availability.

:charac2:

I had considered that this might be the case. We did talk briefly via email about partial availability at various resorts, but in the end we decided none of those options would work for us.

Oh well. Maybe next time!

I also went over our dining plans with my sister and she said she would really like to do Akershus again. We may end up keeping this ADR after all.

And here are a few other thoughts that maybe anyone here might have input on. Anyone ever been golfing at WDW? Not the mini golf, but the actual golf courses? Micheal and my BIL love golf (if you remember that's how I got this trip in the first place...Micheal's new golf clubs:teeth:). I looked into the price for them to play and it was more reasonable than I'd expected. But how practical is it, really, to expect them to be able to take off and do that? It seems like Disney is always so busy as it is. I'm just not sure, so I'd like to hear from others who've maybe had some experience.

And lastly, Micheal and I have been talking about wanting a cuckoo clock for our new kitchen, and we've talked about getting one from the Germany pavilion. But, I've read they're unreasonably expensive there. Anyone shopped for a cuckoo clock in or out of Disney? Opinions?

such cute kids, even without matching costumes! :)

Yea, renting points only seems to work if you plan waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance. Bummer. But hey, like you said, maybe next time. :) Hopefully someone else can give you some experience with the golfing and cuckoo clocks--I don't think I've even looked in the shop in Germany. Have to check it out next trip!

I can't help with golf, but if I remember I will check clock prices this weekend :) We rented points often before I became a TA and loved it but yeah, unless you're ok with taking whatever is available or piecing together nights at different resorts- gotta do that early.
The kids looked so adorable! Ricky was Woody when he was two :goodvibes I do love the idea of a princess and a frog but you can't argue with a girl when her mind is made up lol!

I can't help with golf, but if I remember I will check clock prices this weekend :) We rented points often before I became a TA and loved it but yeah, unless you're ok with taking whatever is available or piecing together nights at different resorts- gotta do that early.
The kids looked so adorable! Ricky was Woody when he was two :goodvibes I do love the idea of a princess and a frog but you can't argue with a girl when her mind is made up lol!

I am definitely keeping the renting points thing in my back pocket for next time. We did a weekend trip this past weekend and stayed at a cheap hotel. While it was fine, Micheal kept saying how small and cheap it was. I'm going to remind him of that for next time :rolleyes1.

FAST PASSES OR BUST

So, we book our FP+'s 2 weeks from today! I haven't made any plans thus far for my strategy, which is unlike me. It's almost like having a baby is time consuming or something.

I planned our AK day for day 60+7, so I'm hopeful we'll get a FoP FP. Other than that, I need to makes a list. I usually have things planned out enough at this point to determine the best FP's to make and the best time (for us) to do them. I know on our Epcot day (Tuesday) I'm torn for our tier 1 choice. We love Soarin, but we've never done TT, and we actually really like FEA. So which to choose? I don't know. What would YOU do?

The rest of our FP's aren't a high priority this time around. We'll be utilizing rider swap for the first time on this trip, and I'm nervous about that. I'm thinking about EtwB, a princess meet, and SDMT for Sunday. TSMM, Frozen sing along, and maybe Indiana Jones on Monday? Epcot day is up in the air. Wednesday is another MK day, so maybe Jungle Cruise, HM, and Buzz? Not sure on that plan. And then for AK, FoP, FotLK, and Nemo.

But something I'm a little more worried about now is the weather. We went away for the weekend and it was cold! I'm afraid we're really not going to enjoy anything if it's cold. I actually considered cancelling. Can anyone talk me down off that ledge?:sad2:

Fastpasses! I hope you're able to get everything you 're planning on--especially Flight of Passage. As far as Epcot, I'd do FEA, mostly cause the lines for Soarin' have gone way down with the third theater and you can do single rider at TT at rope drop and not really wait in line at all. When I went with my friend in March, that's what we did--the main line for TT was probably 10/15 minutes at rope drop, but even though single rider was open, no one was using SR and so we walked right on (I think we were actually the first TT ride of the day!). We then went over to Soarin and rode it twice, since most of the crowds head for TT and FEA at rope drop. That was in March, and depends on how rope drop-friendly your group is, but could be an option. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the weather--with all the walking, you'll probably be warm enough during the day, and hey, it won't be horribly humid! Looking at what the temps were this year, it ranged from low 50s to high 70s (with most days in the high 60s). Bring jackets (and you already have that stroller muffler for the baby :D), enjoy the low crowds and no humidity! :) And it's more fun to do winter in Disney than at home, right? I really want to go in Feb again.....

Hiya everyone! It's been a long absence for me. With the holidays things got hectic. But something major happened during that time. We decided we would not enjoy our trip if we were freezing. Sometime in mid December we cancelled our January trip. This makes me super sad in that we would be on our way to Disney World NEXT WEEK had we not cancelled! But I'm not too bummed because...

WE HAVE RENTED DVC POINTS AND ARE GOING TO WDW IN SEPTEMBER!!!!
I'm going to close this PTR out and start a fresh one. I hope you'll follow along there. TTFN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter