Close to Lazy River / Fireworks View Wyndham BC

Kim in PA

Mouseketeer
We are staying outside the park for the first time next month at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We do not need an accessible room, but would like to know if anyone has recommendations for room requests. We know they don’t have to grant them.

Our daughter uses a wheelchair, and we are interested in being close to the lazy river or a quiet pool, and a possible fireworks view - our daughter also has PTSD, and her sister has autism, so neither does well in fireworks level crowds. Which building would you recommend?

How available is handicapped parking at WBC? We don’t have a lift, but she does need room to transfer.

Thank you!

Have you also asked over at the resort forum for this resort? I think there are quite a few Disers over there that go to WBC.

Building 1 is close to one lazy river and also building 5 has another lazy river. Building 1 also has a room they open up to view the fireworks every night.

Handicap parking is scarce but I feel like it's easier to obtain at building 1 than building 5-6. There are like 4 spots at each building which isn't adequate.

Building 1 is close to one lazy river and also building 5 has another lazy river. Building 1 also has a room they open up to view the fireworks every night.

Handicap parking is scarce but I feel like it's easier to obtain at building 1 than building 5-6. There are like 4 spots at each building which isn't adequate.

Are there more than 100 parking spots for each building? 4 spots satisfy the law for a lot with 100 spots. If there are 510-1000 parking spots, then 2% of the spots need to be marked HC spots.

Are there more than 100 parking spots for each building? 4 spots satisfy the law for a lot with 100 spots. If there are 510-1000 parking spots, then 2% of the spots need to be marked HC spots.
oh I"m sure it satisfies the law it's just so many people that stay there have wheelchairs/handicap tags.

I'd expect, given its relative newness, WBC complies fully with the ADA.
oh I"m sure it satisfies the law it's just so many people that stay there have wheelchairs/handicap tags.
While true, they also have to have parking for the majority of guests, the one's who aren't eligible for HP spaces.

We've been to WDW resorts that have plenty of HP open, and none left for those without the HP tag. Are more guests with HP tags staying offsite now?

We've been to WDW resorts that have plenty of HP open, and none left for those without the HP tag. Are more guests with HP tags staying offsite now?
I have heard from others that finding HP is an issue at Bonnet Creek, but I am not sure why.

possibly. I know a big population of those with ECV's are older so they stay longer in Florida making time share a better deal for them and Bonnet Creek is a bit more like home than DVC.

This happens all the time for me at pop no none HC spots left but HC spot are open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!