Cleaning ride vehicles COVID-19 strategy

They will have an aerosol disinfectent spray. Only way to get to everything on the ride you can touch. It will not happen after each ride. But like every hour. Uv lights takes time and cant reach everywhere. Plus it would be coatly to implament.

I think they should alternate vehicles as they cycle through - once through with guests, next time getting sanitized. Not sure if the can do some rides with vehicles that have than one party. Might take lots of CMs to keep ride vehicles sanitized.

There or a few of attraction such as Peter Pan It’s A Small World and more, that has no place that you could actually set up a system like this. Unfortunately they would fall to hand cleaning with sanitizer and a Towel .

Unfortunately this is not the perfect solution. I don’t think there is a perfect solution. If you’re looking for the perfect solution let’s hope this virus goes away. I just a note, these ultraviolet systems are available for your home .

They have air cleaner versions of them and they also have versions that go right into your air handler’s. I have two that operate in my house and have had them there for two years. Due to the fact that my mother had cancer. I learned about these lights back in the 70s when my grandfather died of cancer that he contracted while working in a coal mines. they do work.
If you wipe down sanitizer immediately with a towel, does it even do any good?

I wonder if we'll see the use of antimicrobial copper alloys. 6 or 7 years ago I picked up a job building copper counter tops and some custom copper furniture laminates for a family with two children that had an autoimmune disorder. They also had copper door handles, sinks, and plumbing fixtures installed. The idea of using copper and copper alloys in hospital environments to cut down on infections was getting some traction and they wanted every advantage in their home. I was happy to oblige and if I recall, the money I made off that job paid for a couple of our family trips to WDW. I could probably go into business installing copper countertops right now and make a fortune.

Another thought is an antifoul treatment used on the bottoms of boats called Coppercoat. It is a very dense mixture of incredibly finely ground copper powder and epoxy. You lay up 5 or 6 coats of the stuff and let it cure then lightly sand off the outer layer of the epoxy to expose the copper. Barnacles and algae and whatnot that sticks to the hull are firstly, living things and contact with copper kills them fast. It might be a solution for some hand holdable surfaces.

If you wipe down sanitizer immediately with a towel, does it even do any good?

All sanitizers and disinfectants have a dwell time. Typically Between 1 and 10 minutes Depending on the chemical and depending on the germs that it kills. The dwell time means that the surface has to stay wet with chemical for that entire time. Some of these are very harsh on the surface.

They will have an aerosol disinfectent spray. Only way to get to everything on the ride you can touch. It will not happen after each ride. But like every hour. Uv lights takes time and cant reach everywhere. Plus it would be coatly to implament.
I agree with this. The remainder would be on the guest to use provided wipes on handlebars if they wish, and wash their hands before and after riding.

I believe they could put in a system where after a certain amount of guests have ridden the ride, the attraction "shuts down" for no longer than 8-15 mins for disinfecting. We all used to waiting on lines because of ride shutdowns, I'm sure the park will be less capacity then normal now so 8-15 mins delay for a ride shouldn't be a problem.

most likely they will use electrostatic sprayers.

Come on. You all know it's gonna be kids doing a half-*** job of wiping down rides. Do you trust YOUR kids to do a thorough and disinfecting cleaning? Not many do (sure, some, but overall no). I don't trust it. At all.

I wonder if they would just do like what some public transit compines are doing and just clean everything when the parks are closed?

Come on. You all know it's gonna be kids doing a half-*** job of wiping down rides. Do you trust YOUR kids to do a thorough and disinfecting cleaning? Not many do (sure, some, but overall no). I don't trust it. At all.

I believe if people are going to be visiting the parks and riding rides, that they need to take some personal responsibility. Bring your own hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. You can then wipe down any bars, etc. When you get off, use your sanitizer or go wash your hands. Disney can only do so much, the rest is going to be on the visitor to take care of. If you are uncomfortable, or at all weary, then don't go.

I believe if people are going to be visiting the parks and riding rides, that they need to take some personal responsibility. Bring your own hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. You can then wipe down any bars, etc. When you get off, use your sanitizer or go wash your hands. Disney can only do so much, the rest is going to be on the visitor to take care of. If you are uncomfortable, or at all weary, then don't go.
I agree that the personal responsibility is definitely a big part of it and will be part of the plan.

But your last sentence just doesn’t work. Because it’s not just about me going if I feel uncomfortable. It’s about the other people going that can then spread the virus when they get home from their trip. It’s not that disney wants to keep only the people who are visiting their parks safe, but they also want to make sure that the virus doesn’t spread because someone caught the virus at Disney.

To put it another way, Disney isn’t (or shouldn’t be) only concerned about the 20,000 who walk into the park on the first day it opens. But they are also concerned about the dozens of people each of those visitors will interact with when they get home. So, just saying, “if you’re uncomfortable, don’t go,” doesn’t really solve the issue. Personal responsibility does go a long way, but not long enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter