claustrophobia??

pampam

DIS Veteran
We will be in WDW with a first timer who cannot tolerate crowds. We will be there from Feb. 1 to 22. The first timer will be with us for 4 of those days , likely in the 4 different parks. I'm thinking perhaps watching wishes from the top of the train station, so no one will be in front of her. We will have a GAC for DD, but any other ideas would be appreciated.

it can get pretty crowded at the train station- people pushing & shoving to get in front of you. But I have been times where no one is around. it depends on the day and Presidents weekend may be busy- one never knows when it will be slow anymore.
Scoping out spots WAY in advance can help.

Also areas where I have had issues are
getting into Fantasmic- big crowds and me- not good. I had a melt down trying to get in and people were pushing like crazy. I got bumped and fell down stairs and decided that crying was a good thing - poor CM's had no idea what the crazy woman was doing. Came close to a panic attack that night.

Hollywood studios area where star tours is- for some reason it narrows and it can get crowded.

Magic Kingdom - I have only had an issue with trying to get down main street after Spectro and before Wishes- not a good thing -(major panic attack one night) it is very crowded with people trying to get out. We wait now till it thins out and wait near city hall/ guest services.

Animal Kingdom has one or two narrow areas- getting on to the safari ride can be bad- get a fast pass it helps a bit. sometimes the trails if people are pushy can be crowded.

Epcot is my favorite park as I have not had issues there except getting bumped inside the land building - it can get very crowded, but I handle it well there for some reason- stay close to the railing and I am ok.

When it starts to get crowded, I step to the side and let people go by me.

Lines for shows can get very pushy when the doors open. I have told CM's I need an outside seat. I have told CM's I need to wait away from the crowd like in Muppets 3D . In all the times I have been to Disney no one has ever said no.

Hope this helps. Disney can get very, very crowded. I stay away summers and big holidays.

The crowds should be fairly light until about the 11th or 12th. The you get President's Day Weekend as well as Speed Week in Daytona and the parks can get very crowded.

Also, because of SpectroMagic the benches will start to fill up early. The nights Spectro is on you will have to be in place before 5:00 to get a seat, for the nights without Spectro you will still need to be there by 6:00 to get seats.

As fat as theater shows you will have a problem. Generally to be able to get a seat at the end of a row, near the exit, you have to be at the very front of the line to enter the theater. And the lines can be crowded as often the waiting arrea will hold far fewer people than the theater and the CMs will tell people to fill in all available space in the waiting area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter