• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Classic Packing Anxiety Dreams...

DisneyMom5

DIS Veteran
Well, we are officially one month away from our much obsessed over Disney Trip, and last night I started having the packing anxiety dreams.
In my dream, I was upset because DH was telling me that our huge chest freezer (which we don't really own, and it was sitting balanced precariously on a table, weird) just wouldn't fit in the van (which is an extended van, but, as dream DH explained, has that extra seat, therefore no room for the freezer).
Then, in a brilliant dream moment, I realized that, silly me, I didn't really mean the chest freezer, lol, I meant the cooler (but where is the cheese, I think I forgot to pack the cheese!).
Then, we take off for Disney, but get sidetracked by these really awesome Mayan Ruins we find in Indiana, and find that we are 8 hours behind on our trip.
("But we'll never make our reservations in Chattanooga!" I exclaim.)
Then I wake up.
Needless to say, I soothed my nerves by going over my packing list and packing and labeling anything we are not currently using. Sheesh!
:hyper:

Now THAT is funny :laughing:
THose Mayan ruins in Indiana will get ya everytime. Thanks for making my dreams about snow at Pop Century and me in shorts seem just a little less crazy.

Anne

I am in tears; I am laughing so hard. We will be at the Ft. Wilderness Cabins in Feb. also. It is our first trip and I am totally obsessing, but no dreams yet. I am sure they will come. Thanks for the laugh!:laughing:

I too have PAD (packing anxiety disorder).

I HATE to pack and usually put it off until the absolute last moment and usually cause myself recuring nightmares.

Mine goes like this.... I wake up, thinking its a normal day, when suddenly, my dh comes in the room and says that we have to leave RIGHT NOW for the airport!! UUUGGGHHH the horror!! I then grab a duffle bag, shove a handful of anything into it. My clothes, kids clothes, anything.

Then, we're at the Poly, and I have to buy tons of clothes from the overpriced gift shop because we don't have enough. I'm happy though, because we're on vacation.

Oh well, glad I don't have anything REALLY important to worry about. lol

Started having nighmares about a month ago--where's DS's meds??? Why do ALL the ponchos have holes and NO hoods?? Mole skin has mold on it (can this happen???? I don't THINK so!) Grandma left behind in the airport bathroom and DS BEGGING the pilot to turn around and go get grandma because "we can't have a vacation without her!!!" (yes, my mother goes EVERYWHERE with us!) On the plane and realizing I left my two beagles at home, without water, with all my BLINDS down--those would be TOAST in a few hours!!!!!

So, I'm so glad I can come here and find out I'm not the only one obsessing! I was packing last night (just for something to occupy me!!) when DS7 came in and "caught" me! (he still doesn't know we're going next week!!!) He asked me why I was packing t-shirts in a suitcase!!! I told him I ran out of room to store them and was using the suitcase as a storage bin!!! (Ok, not the MOST brilliant thing to say, but it was all I could come up with at the time!!!!)

Happy packing!

:eek: :eek: :eek: I thought I was the only one who had the "Packing / Leaving for the Airport" nightmares!!! LOL! Misery loves company, and I am *so* glad other people go through the same silliness. :)

I'm at work right now trying to contain myself from how funny this is. Usually my dream is we get all the way down there and the hotel registration CM's have no idea who we are, no ressie, nothing and we end up sleeping in the car in the parking lot of the local Mcdonalds. We awaken to find hobos washing our windows and begging for change. There's got to be a special PAD therapy program we can all get into several weeks before we leave!

So glad I'm not the only one.... :)

My dream is that we arrive in WDW and I realize that I forgot both the camera and the camcorder. I'm crying and telling my husband that without the cameras to record the kids, there's no point in us being there. He tells me I'm being silly, and we end up in a big fight and decide to just go home.

Needless to say, the camera and camcorder have been sitting next to my bed for the past week, just waiting to go... ;)

My name is P..... and I'm a packaholic.

Anyhow, if it helps, keep a pad and pencil handy at all times starting about 30 days before packing (including next to the bed at night) and write down everything you think of that you're afraid you might forget to pack or do. That is the only way I can keep my sanity.....LISTS!!!!!!! Once it is written down, I can relax (sort of!). I am now a few days "behind schedule" on packing due to a stomach bug that hit me last Sunday. But I am confident I will make it with 16 days left to pack. (But actually we are leaving today for a 5 day delayed Christmas with my family and when we return there will only be 11 packing days left!!)
..............Happy New Year.............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter