Class Gift/Souvenir?

hibareli

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I hope I'm posting in the right place. Our trip is coming up in March and my DD said she wants to bring something back for her kindergarten class. I said that was fine and she said she wants to bring everyone back a mickey ear hat, I said there was no way we could do that for 20 kids. :rotfl:

I was thinking some lollipops or a bag of candy for a sweet treat, or pencils, something on the more inexpensive side. Has anyone gotten their class or their child's class a small souvenir? If so, what'd you get? I'll look while we're there, just wanted to hear some of your ideas. Thanks in advance! :)

Haven't done it but they have small lollipops in sets of 5? 6? It would be a perfect little gift to bring back.

Hi ... probably cheaper than lollipops and something that can be kept since lollipops get eaten ...

* Pressed Pennies
* Pressed Quarters

Perhaps your daughter can find out which characters her classmates like (eg. maybe make a "small" list to choose from) and you can get pressed pennies or quarters for these characters.

I would also suggest getting the "same" design for each character so there's no hard feelings if more than 1 child makes the same character request (eg. Mickey = 1 design for all Mickey).

It's so sweet that your daughter wants to bring a gift for her classmates! :-)

Have fun and good luck! :-)

One year my oldest wanted to do this for his daycare friends. We went to a Disney outlet and found the mickey ears for next to nothing. That plus the crazy amount of free stickers we got made for a fun gift to the kiddos. Although in past years they don't seem to be handing out the stickers as much.

Food, it’s a very nice thought, but I don’t think my child needs a permanent souvenir from someone else’s vacation (I feel the same about goody bags at birthday parties). To me, pressed pennies are small reminders of places we’ve been.

The Mickey shaped straws are like .69 I think and would make a cute souvenir for that age. Also like the idea of lollipops or pressed pennies. Another idea, depending on how many characters you plan on seeing would be to order some character post cards online for cheap before the trip (or print out a picture on card stock of various characters- preferably each kid's fav) and get them signed by a character, one for each kid. Obviously you're not going to want to come up to Mickey with 20 post cards and DD's autograph book to sign, but you could probably get each character to sign a couple cards/ pictures.

I always bring things back for my students. I've done pencils, straws, lollipops, cookies. They're always most thrilled with food items!

We've never done anything like that. But when my daughter's best friend went to Disney a couple of years ago, she brought back a Cinderella Castle magnet for the teacher to put on their magnetic white board. She kept it there all year. Kids that age can get just as excited about something for the classroom as they would about each getting something individually. It's also potentially less expensive, less to pack and bring home.

For "bulk" souvenir shopping, we drive over to the walmart or target in the WDW area and buy them there, sooo much cheaper.

You could bring back a couple bags of Minnie Mouse cookies, there about the size of a dime, to Shari as a treat. We bring straws back for kids.

The first time we went, we were at lunch at pizza planet and on the dining plan, I got 2 Mickey rice crispy treats with my pizza. My sil said how did you get 2? I was like the lady said I could have as many as i want, it still counts as one c.s. So she talked me into going back and getting 13 more Mickey heads for my nieces class. I left the pizza on the counter didn’t touch it but still had to ask like 10 people before I could give it away as we had already all eaten. We still joke with my niece and ask her what she brought her classmates back from vacation, Lol disney stopped doing the counter service that way I wonder why? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter