Clarification, please...

S'mE

I miss the old UK search!
Is this now the "general chat/topic" page?
With the other page for specific questions on holidays?

I would assume if were moving lock stock and barrel then we'd have the DVC and Trip report sections under the UK banner??

Thats the thing, being in America EVERYTHINGS BIGGER, just wait till you see my family their on their way soon ,if we all head over here !!

Personally, I think if we use our forums here as we do on the UK site at present, then these forums will be indistinguishable from the UK forum, within a matter of days.

There will always be a reluctance by some to move to an apparently new/different/strange page, but IMHO the "jump" would be more beneficial to the future growth of the "community".

Probably most new posters are directed to the UK board, after first posting on the USA board, or finding the USA board. Further I'm sure that many UK newbie "lurkers" on the US site don't make the effort to "jump" to the UK board.

Let's not be insular and "clannish" !!
Let's make "the jump!!;)

Steve,

I totally agree with your comments, if the UK Forums here are put in a seperate section (ie seperated with the pink banner line) and UK trip/DVC report forums added under the section, then apart from getting a few more curious visitors, I cant see there being much change.

The UK board has a great atmosphere, which is helped by the fact that the number of posts to the board is manageable, I see the equivalent US forum and there are so many posts per day that it is hard to strike up the same type of Atmosphere/friendlyness.
As long as the posts per day stay at a reasonable level in the UK section (which I think it will) then I personally dont see a problem.

Some people will not like the fact that their username is unavailabe (used by someone else), but that is just one minor point, I'm sure we'll get used to the new names very quickly.

It is not possible for me to clarify, as no decisions have been made - your opinions are extremely valuable, please would you add them to Nathan's thread on the UK board?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!