City Walk Security Questions

Disxuni

"Where's the fun without a bit of risk?"
I've been to the City Walk a few times recently and while security moves quite swiftly, I'm wondering is there no longer a "no bags" line, or is it just not that obvious anymore? I ask since in the past it seemed quite obvious and had signs, or they had security directing people to the right area for no bags. However, this time there were no signs, or indication there was a thing such as a no bag line.

Also, is it normal for security to request people take their belts off to go through the detector now, or is that the choice of the security individual? In the past, when I was with my father they would just let it go if it was his belt, but this last time a certain security guard made a few men including my father take off their belts.

I’ve never seen a no bag line. Been a passholder off and on for about five years now. I’ve only seen no bags lines at Disney.

I’ve never seen a no bag line. Been a passholder off and on for about five years now. I’ve only seen no bags lines at Disney.

I'll take that as a no then. Thank you. Last time I was an AP starting 2016 and ending in 2017 there was a no bag line. They probably deemed it as unnecessary.

Yeah, the lines are so efficient it’s not really needed. Once when I went the area was full and backed up to the restrooms, all lanes open, and it only took me about 10 minutes to get through. I’ve waited that long at Disney with less than half that number of people in front of me.

It's definitely far more efficient than Disney. Typically Disney is a little bit of a wait, but manageable, but last time I went in Oct it was 45 minutes with less people in front of me than I've had at Universal security.

We were there two weeks ago and there was not a "no bags" line. It was very similar to the airport - put your bag and pocket items in a bin, walk through the metal detector. Everyone had to do it, even if you weren't putting a bag through the x-ray machine.

I don't recall whether belts had to be taken off or not, but it may just be at the discretion of the security guard. If they're busy and belts keep setting it off causing them to have to wand people, they may ask people remove them before proceeding through the detector.

I firmly believe that the sensitivity of the machines is adjusted at different times or on different machines. I have gone twice in the same day, wearing the exact same outfit and one time I will need to be wanded and the other time not. It makes sense from a security standpoint - keep the bad guys guessing - but makes it hard for everyone else. I have two time turner pieces of jewelry (a watch and a necklace) and I always take them off. Do I need to? I don't know, but it is easier IMHO to err on the side of caution.

But honestly, getting wanded isn't a big deal either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!