City Tax - adding extra people to a room

katiesam

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

So it's been a long time since I had any questions about DLP as we've not been able to visit recently.

I know that a few years ago, people were talking about booking rooms and then adding extra people at check-in and just paying the city tax for the extra people.

Is that still something you can do?

And is it just for Disney hotels or can the same be done at the partner hotels?

Would the extra people get the same access to facilities as the named 'booked' person? e.g. if you book breakfast, would the extra people also get breakfast included or would that also need to be added on at extra cost?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yes you can still do this but Im sure its only in DLP owned hotels.

The extra people will get access to EMH and all facilities in the hotel eg swimming pool however they wont get breakfast as you now pay for this extra so have to book it and pay for it per person

Bringing up this older thread. We are planning a summer 2020 trip. Was just going to be me and my two DDs who will be over 18 at the time. My husband wants to join us but he’s not a park person.

I was looking at a superior family room to get 3 beds but I don’t need tickets for DH. Is the above post still the process — add him at check-in?

Alternatively, is there an agency (maybe in UK) that can do room-only bookings/ partial packages? Expedia is not listing Disney hotels for next summer yet.

We are in Canada if that makes a difference.

Bringing up this older thread. We are planning a summer 2020 trip. Was just going to be me and my two DDs who will be over 18 at the time. My husband wants to join us but he’s not a park person.

I was looking at a superior family room to get 3 beds but I don’t need tickets for DH. Is the above post still the process — add him at check-in?

Alternatively, is there an agency (maybe in UK) that can do room-only bookings/ partial packages? Expedia is not listing Disney hotels for next summer yet.

We are in Canada if that makes a difference.

I asked a CM on the phone this question a few weeks ago and I was informed to just mention it at check in and pay the additional tourist tax.
You can try other websites, like booking.com, hotels.com, trivago.com, but like plane tickets hotel rooms are also released 10 - 11 months in advance, so late Augst might not be available yet. Over time more and more hotels will add their availability to their calendar and then it ends up on the Expedia-type sites.

Reactions: amw
I added 4 family members as guests when I checked into the DCR a few weeks ago.
I wasn't charged anything extra, and when I queried it the CM stated it was because hotels.com never book their rooms via the number of people. Bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter