City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Awesome wrap up Glennbo!

Loved the TR! (Even if I was preptually behind.)

Thanks for all the photos. Makes me eager to depart myself.

Glad to hear the trip was such a success and I know your family will love having your TR to go back and read later.

Wow, I can't believe it is over! Thank you for sharing your family's trip with us, I enjoyed it very much!

I love your recap with photos and I think that the photo was the perfect gift!!

I count 16 Judy's, just for the record (including one smiley, one bit of hair behind your parents and one finger).

Well, what more can I say about this trip? I mean, you all helped me out after the last chapter with comments regarding cherishing the moments, and how much our time together meant to everyone, and treasuring the memories.

Great. Well, I guess that about wraps it up. Thanks for a great TR!

At the very least, it was an amazing couple of weeks that will be remembered for a long, long time.

Oh. I guess there's more.

Looking back, that was a whole lot of ground to cover. No wonder it took me two years to tell the tale!

And it took me 2 years to read it!

I am so glad that we decided to buy into Disney Vacation Club back in 2008 -- there's no way we could have swung a trip like this without it. In fact, I looked at rack rates the other day for those rooms for the same time of year, and in 2014 the lodging for this trip (if no discounts could be found) would cost...well, maybe it's not good form to list an amount, but suffice it to say, it's a very, very large sum. <cough> 5 figures <cough>

:scared1: I can't tell you how comforting this is to a non-DVC owner like me. :rotfl2:

Before I end this last entry in the trip report, I'd like to thank everyone who read along, and especially everyone who posted a comment. I can't believe that you stuck with me for all this time! You make it a joy to write these trip reports, you spark my creativity, and you kept me going in this endeavor that obviously went on for quite a while! I call you all "DIS-friends", and anyone who's written a trip report knows that it's just the greatest feeling to see a comment from someone across the country, or even the world, knowing that they are living the trip right along beside you. Thank you so much!

I think you pretty much captured the best reason for doing trip reports. It's so much fun to share the experiences with people all over the country. Having had the privilege of meeting you in real life, it's been great to get to know you and your family through you. Have a great time in Hilton Head with Judy and I can't wait to hear about your family's next adventures!

Hey Glennbo.

Apparently, according to the little icon on my subscription list, I have commented in this thread. I'm sure I said something very profound like "following". But, whatever. I just wanted to chime in here at the end and let you know that I did hang around to the very end and I've enjoyed it from NYC to Vero and all thru WDW. Thanks for taking the time and sharing it all. I'll always be on the lookout for new Glennbo threads and, I just started following you on Instagram so I'll get the up-to-the-minute updates from HHI.

Thanks again and have a great trip next week!

IMG_3738-1-1.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay I am getting 17 with the finger
5 in the first post 5 in the second and 7 with the finger in the third.

What a wonderful wrap up. You have truly made some great memories.

Have a great time in Hilton Head and say hi to the beach for me. :beach:

Great wrap up, Glenn! I have looked forward to reading your updates, and I'm sorry this one is over. It's like coming to the end of a good book and wishing there was a sequel. :cool1: With our DISfriends, we have learned there is always another sequel, right?

Enjoy your time with Judy, and I hope you bring back a TR!

CONGRATS TO MARV!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Awesome wrap up Glennbo!

Thanks GB!

Loved the TR! (Even if I was preptually behind.)

Loved having you here. Hey, I can respond to comments on early chapters, later chapters, doesn't matter. (But the PTR is out. :laughing:)

Thanks for all the photos. Makes me eager to depart myself.

Depart yourself...as in an out of body experience? :confused3

Oh, you mean go to WDW, right! Well, what're you waiting for? Show 'em how it's done and hit rope drop a week early.

Glad to hear the trip was such a success and I know your family will love having your TR to go back and read later.

I think so too. It'll be a little time bomb, er, I mean time capsule for them.

Wow, I can't believe it is over! Thank you for sharing your family's trip with us, I enjoyed it very much!

I love your recap with photos and I think that the photo was the perfect gift!!

Aw, thanks PrncessA. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading along. :goodvibes

I count 16 Judy's, just for the record (including one smiley, one bit of hair behind your parents and one finger).

You found some tricky ones, but yet I can't declare a winner for this round. :confused:

Great. Well, I guess that about wraps it up. Thanks for a great TR!

Wait! I wasn't done pontificating yet.

Oh. I guess there's more.

You sound as excited as when you're trying to leave class but the teacher is still droning on.

1sm390teach.gif

You're turned in your seat with your feet pointing to the door and your little Trapper Keeper ® notebook held football-style under your arm.

And it took me 2 years to read it!

Well when you put it that way I realize that it took me 2 years to write it, and you 2 years to read it, so....I must have gone at just the right pace! :idea:

:scared1: I can't tell you how comforting this is to a non-DVC owner like me. :rotfl2:

The flip-side of the coin is there's almost always discounts, or free dining, etc. etc. So, the math isn't exactly :teacher: But yeah, a Disney trip can be an expensive proposition.

I think you pretty much captured the best reason for doing trip reports. It's so much fun to share the experiences with people all over the country. Having had the privilege of meeting you in real life, it's been great to get to know you and your family through you.

Aw, thank you Mark. I can definitely say the same about you and your reports also.

Have a great time in Hilton Head with Judy and I can't wait to hear about your family's next adventures!

Thank you! The adventure on the nearest horizon looks like this: :beach:

Hmmm, I assume this is to test my memory and not yours...

Absolutely. It's deeply ingrained in my mind!

But I'm thinking that water fountain thingy in Morocco? Long shot, but final answer... :)

Your long shot came through! Bingo! :yay: I'm impressed.

Hey Glennbo.

Yo.

Apparently, according to the little icon on my subscription list, I have commented in this thread. I'm sure I said something very profound like "following". But, whatever.

Now I'm going to have to go back and find it. I'm sure it was great!

I just wanted to chime in here at the end and let you know that I did hang around to the very end and I've enjoyed it from NYC to Vero and all thru WDW. Thanks for taking the time and sharing it all.

Wow, thanks for following the whole way through!! :worship:

I'll always be on the lookout for new Glennbo threads and, I just started following you on Instagram so I'll get the up-to-the-minute updates from HHI.

Awesome! I have no idea what I'll post or how often, but I ought to be able to find something worth posting, don't you think?!

Thanks again and have a great trip next week!

Thank you, will do!

Okay I am getting 17 with the finger
5 in the first post 5 in the second and 7 with the finger in the third.

Do you guys really want Marv to swoop in here and show you how it's done?

What a wonderful wrap up. You have truly made some great memories.

Thank you. Yes we did! :goodvibes

Have a great time in Hilton Head and say hi to the beach for me. :beach:

I'll do that! Thanks for the well-wishes.

Great wrap up, Glenn! I have looked forward to reading your updates, and I'm sorry this one is over. It's like coming to the end of a good book and wishing there was a sequel. :cool1: With our DISfriends, we have learned there is always another sequel, right?

Aw, thanks Tammie! What a nice thing to say!
smiley_loveshy.gif

Yes, there are no goodbye's on the DIS, just looking forward to sequels. :laughing:

Enjoy your time with Judy, and I hope you bring back a TR!

Thanks! :rotfl2: I like how you phrased that, bring back a TR. Yes, I hope so too!

CONGRATS TO MARV!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:worship:

There is Judy sitting on the bench of the bus stop in the first post. I guess that was the easy one to miss.

Okay :magnify:

19 7,5,7

Double image in the first post 4th picture plus sitting on bench and icon and the 2 obvious ones in NY

The other one that may be tricky is the dole whip pic ;)

:sad1: OMG, tearing up again looking at all those pics. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I can't remember if I said this before (and am too lazy to look) but your dad truly is a "Poppy" in my book. I had a poppy when I was younger (he passed back in 1994) and your poppy totally reminds me of him down to the button down shirts with the glasses case in the pocket. What wonderful memories you have made for them AND your kids!

Okay :magnify:

19 7,5,7

Double image in the first post 4th picture plus sitting on bench and icon and the 2 obvious ones in NY

The other one that may be tricky is the dole whip pic ;)

Finally! :cheer2:

Good work. I thought that I handed this one to Magdalene, with the hints, but she must have signed-off and missed them.

Yes, the Rules Committee said there were 2 Judy's in the picture with the tortoise, since there's a prominent reflection behind her. And, like you pointed out Pat, you had to remember that Judy was wearing her Minnie shirt on the day with the Dole Whip float picture.

Final Scores!

Marvin - 21 Judy-sighting wins, 9 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Pat - 10 Judy-sighting wins, 3 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Mark - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Dan - 5 Judy-sighting wins, 4 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Rosie - 5 Judy-sighting wins, 4 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Katharina - 5 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Mary Ellen - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
Andy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Hucifer - 1 Judy-sighting win
sesame_123 - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:

:sad1: OMG, tearing up again looking at all those pics. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I can't remember if I said this before (and am too lazy to look) but your dad truly is a "Poppy" in my book. I had a poppy when I was younger (he passed back in 1994) and your poppy totally reminds me of him down to the button down shirts with the glasses case in the pocket. What wonderful memories you have made for them AND your kids!

Howdy WDW2012! I don't have you down as posting before, so I apologize if I missed you and I'll throw in a :welcome: too. And THANK YOU for the kind words!

Yes, he wasn't "Poppy" until his first grandchild, and then it pretty much stuck! Although he alwaaaays had the button down shirts and glasses case, so it's kind of funny that you mention that. (Even when I was growing up.) Grand-babies are great for pulling the glasses case out, if he's holding one.

Well, for someone who alway sees your posts about 48 hours after they happen, I guess I did OK. :rotfl2:

Hope you and Judy and have an awesome visit to HHI! It's the best and I hope you LOVE it!

I really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the recap two years later was great! BUT - I think you should have posted some then and now pics of the kids because they probably all look different!

Once again - great fun and don't forget to send the bat signal out when you start your HHI TR! :thumbsup2

Loved it! I couldn't remember where I remembered you from, then finally the Judy game triggered my memory from the Pampered Chef convention/whatever trip report.

Looks like you all had a great time. I look forward to that Boardwalk trip report in 2015 that one of your daughters requested (smart girl). ;)

Also, enjoy your Hilton Head trip!

2 years, wow, how time slips by. In my mind that trip was only a year ago. Crazy! What a great recap. I'm just now caught up and well, you are at HH celebrating a well deserved solo trip. I just got back on instagram yesterday so need to go check!

So many great moments and the lows, well other than rain and one memorable spat it seems with the kids while at AK (the kids which each other that is), none stick out for sure and you make a good point about the rain having a positive effect for your group in some ways. Tons of highs. I love the picture of you and all the kids from vero and those kissing pics at WDW are just magical. What a trip! And yes, thank goodness for DVC. We would never be able to pull of the trips we do without it now.

have a MAGICAL time at HH, I can't wait for the report!

Great job Glenn. Thanks for inviting us along on this fun family trip.

I hope you and Judy are enjoying Hilton Head! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter