Citricos review

Docsknotinn

Mouseketeer
The UG lists Citricos as having the same designer as the FF. That may be the only similarity theese two restaurants share. Citricos is a very open bland dining room that reminds me more of a buffet that wants to be upscale than a fine dining experience. Our experience here began by being seated in the worst table in the restaurant with many open tables available, at least 20 open tables. We sat right near the kitchen entrance with the staff hanging out and talking. There is nothing even remotely intimate about Citricos. We were determined to give the restaurant a fair chance after a poor start. we each ordered the fillet with mashed potato and grilled sweet onions. The first bite of potato I was rewarded with a mouthful of butter, YUCH! The grilled sweet onions tasted as if they had been grilled last week. They were very sour. The saving grace was that the fillet was perfect grilled over a wood fire. We observed the other plates going out of the kitchen and with the exception of the Osso Bucco nothing looked very appealing. Service was anemic. Citricos is easily our very least favorite restaurant of all time at Disney. The food service overall on our trip last week at Disney was the most incinsistant ever. Poor quality control and in general the staff really seemed to not care or be very Disney like. The FF is far superior to Citricos IMO. Hopefully others have better experiences here than we did.

Wow! That's completely opposite of my experience there last April. I had a wonderful meal, enjoyed the ambiance & the service was impeccable.

I'm sorry you had an off night. I hope my night was the norm because I am bringing DH there this Nov. with glowing reviews from my past experience.

Our experience last April overall was vastly different from food service/parks/hotel this time. Very big changes in quality and staff demeanor in the last year or so. I hope it improves or returns back to normal.

I'm surprised to read this review. We've always had excellent service and food at Citricos. It is, by far, one of my favorite restaurants at Disneyworld. I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

Docsknotinn said:
Our experience last April overall was vastly different from food service/parks/hotel this time. Very big changes in quality and staff demeanor in the last year or so. I hope it improves or returns back to normal.

Do you think it's an issue form the free dining promo? We had great meals in April this year. Our main purpose for WDW this Nov. is for Food & Wine Fest and some nice, signature adult dinners.

It's only speculation but I would think that the biggest impact here is financial cutbacks. A part of that may be the dining plan. On the upside there were several areas blocked off in Epcot getting ready for the Food and Wine Festival. That sounds like a great time. Unless we hear the same from several posters I would chaulk our experience with Citricos up to a bad night. What is disconcerting is that food quality and service were noticeably lower in quality from last spring across the board on this trip.

They had a chef change that I know of......since we were all there last. I think it is interesting that the food may have gone down in quality preparation since his departure..

The service has always been impeccable when I have been there in the past and also the food.. I am shocked..

The service was not bad but not great either. I was expecting a little more. The food just needed some quality control. Our salads were ok but if they just would have had the dressing more balanced it would have been very good. The chef needs to taste more and stop hanging out in the dining room. It wouldn't take much for a major improvement. Still it was not my favorite but that's just personal taste on the decor etc.

Docsknotinn said:
The UG lists Citricos as having the same designer as the FF. That may be the only similarity theese two restaurants share. Citricos is a very open bland dining room that reminds me more of a buffet that wants to be upscale than a fine dining experience. Our experience here began by being seated in the worst table in the restaurant with many open tables available, at least 20 open tables. We sat right near the kitchen entrance with the staff hanging out and talking. There is nothing even remotely intimate about Citricos. We were determined to give the restaurant a fair chance after a poor start. we each ordered the fillet with mashed potato and grilled sweet onions. The first bite of potato I was rewarded with a mouthful of butter, YUCH! The grilled sweet onions tasted as if they had been grilled last week. They were very sour. The saving grace was that the fillet was perfect grilled over a wood fire. We observed the other plates going out of the kitchen and with the exception of the Osso Bucco nothing looked very appealing. Service was anemic. Citricos is easily our very least favorite restaurant of all time at Disney. The food service overall on our trip last week at Disney was the most incinsistant ever. Poor quality control and in general the staff really seemed to not care or be very Disney like. The FF is far superior to Citricos IMO. Hopefully others have better experiences here than we did.

YES YES YES!! This is exactly how dh and I saw the whole experience. I felt like I was the only one, just dismal at best.

We ate there two weeks ago. the food was slightly above average but the service was very condescending--waiter was Jason. If you get him as a server please ask for someone else. I will have a detailed review soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter