Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

So I just went to the map and placed myself on our current location to see the Street View. And somehow it's an aerial view!

I'm not really sure how that is in Google Street View, although I suppose it's clearly from an airplane and not a satellite. The road along the ridgeline is pretty amazing.

Week 13 Update
We had a pretty good week, especially given that it was a holiday week. Our mileage was up slightly from the week prior (with Friday being a much higher mileage day than most Fridays likely due to many folks taking/having the day off). For the week that ended yesterday, we achieved the following:
  • Crossed the halfway point in Peru (Sunday)
As of last night, we were 918 miles into Peru. We have 779 miles remaining for both Peru and Region 2. We have a CRAW total of 4,827 miles completed, and the prediction models are showing that we should finish Region 2 between 12/13 and 12/15. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is showing about 1 year 6.5 months total based on our average daily team mileage (53.6 miles per day).

According to Google Maps, we ended the week sitting atop a rock on the side of a narrow road admiring the beautiful landscape...

Screenshot 2020-11-30 110835.png

For the coming week, we should cross the 5,000 mile mark (likely on Thursday), and our Region 2 mileage should surpass our Region 1 mileage (likely on Friday).

I hope everyone has a good week!

Progress2020-11-29.png

Week 14 Update
This past week we had our slowest week since the start of CRAW... probably due to turkey comas finally setting in from the prior week. That being said, we did cross two milestones. For the week that ended yesterday, we achieved the following:
  • Completed 5,000 miles of CRAW (Friday)
  • Region 2 mileage surpassed Region 1 mileage (Saturday)
As of last night, we were 1,226 miles into Peru. We have only 471 miles remaining for both Peru and Region 2. We have a CRAW total of 5,135 miles completed, and the prediction models are showing that we should finish Region 2 between 12/16 and 12/17. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is showing about 1 year 7 months total based on our average daily team mileage (52.9 miles per day).

For the coming week, we will remaining in Peru with the following week dedicated to completing Region 2 and earning our next medal.

Have a great week!

Progress2020-12-06.png

All, I haven't forgot about a weekly update for last week; I am just traveling on vacation until Wednesday, so the update will likely come on Wednesday. Also, given my vacation plans (which are quite busy with various activities), I apologize that I have been unable to get any mileage in for the past several days. My mileage will start back up when I return on Wednesday. Hope all are well!

All, I haven't forgot about a weekly update for last week; I am just traveling on vacation until Wednesday, so the update will likely come on Wednesday. Also, given my vacation plans (which are quite busy with various activities), I apologize that I have been unable to get any mileage in for the past several days. My mileage will start back up when I return on Wednesday. Hope all are well!

it's giving me the chance to catch up with you. :) Hope you are having a good trip!

Hope you are having a good holiday. Is anyone registering for region 3 yet? It seems we should be getting close.

If anyone wants to drop out or skip a region, my wife is dying to be a part of the team ;)

Looked at it this afternoon and we are about 123 miles from the end of Region 2, so assuming we are close to our average of ~50 miles a day as a team, we're basically there. Suggest like with Region 1 we all start posting daily to make sure we don't have any wasted miles ( prefer not to win that award again).

Hope you are having a good holiday. Is anyone registering for region 3 yet? It seems we should be getting close.

If anyone wants to drop out or skip a region, my wife is dying to be a part of the team ;)

planning on registering for region 3 tomorrow. 2 down,10 to go

Alright... I am back from vacation. I forgot how close we are getting to the end of Region 2. With about 60 miles remaining, we will likely complete Region 2 sometime tomorrow. I will send a PM to the team to discuss the end of Region 2 and Region 3 registration.

Week 15 Update
Sorry this past week's update is late! This past week we continued our long slog through Peru, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Although we had no major milestones this past week, we are almost to the end of Region 2!

At the end of Sunday, we were 1,566 miles into Peru. We have only 131 miles remaining for both Peru and Region 2. We have a CRAW total of 5,476 miles completed, and the prediction models are showing that we should finish Region 2 between 12/16 and 12/17. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is showing about 1 year 7 months total based on our average daily team mileage (52.6 miles per day).

For the coming week, we will exit Peru, complete Region 2, and earn our second medal (which is bigger than the first). Region 3 will start in Chile, and we will spend 3,173 miles in just two countries (Chile & Argentina).

Now, let's get out there and do this!

Progress2020-12-13.png

I had several walks to enter for my first miles in Region 3. They totaled 6.66 miles. As I write this, I am also in place 1111. Repeating numbers are fun!

Also, did they change the appearance of the personal results page? It threw me off, and I thought I wasn't in the right place.

Week 16 Update
It was a big week as we finished Region 2! Congratulations to all!! Our second medal should be on the way soon. Here are the major milestones for the week:
  • Completed our long journey through Peru (Thursday) and crossed into Chile
  • Completed all 3,094 miles of Region 2 (Thursday)
  • Registered for Region 3 (all 10 of us decided to stay with the team)
At the end of Sunday, we were 182 miles into Chile. We have a CRAW total of 5,788 miles completed, and the prediction models are showing that we should finish Region 3 between 2/15 and 2/22. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is showing just over 1 year 7 months total based on our average daily team mileage (52.1 miles per day).

For the coming week, we will cross the halfway point in Chile and should surpass 20% of total CRAW mileage, and although we are unlikely to complete Chile, it could be close if we have a good week.

Happy Holidays!

Progress2020-12-20.png

No medal for me yet, but I did get an email saying that it was coming.

I have been amused at how Google maps is coloring the salt flats in Chile and Argentina as bodies of water. Yes, they are given watery names, like "lago", but they are definitely not liquid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter