Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

Week 9 Update
Well, it seems this was a bit of a light week for us as a team; in fact, it was our lowest full-week mileage of any week so far. I guess it's not completely unexpected as we have a couple of runners recovering from virtual NYC and at least one tapering for an upcoming marathon effort, plus we still have an injury and possibly even some lingering colds. Given our light week, we didn't achieve a whole lot:
  • Actually did cross the Columbia/Ecuador border on Sunday; however, some of the weekend mileage wasn't posted until today (Monday) such that our Columbia badge shows that we completed it today
As of end of day yesterday, we were 6 miles into Ecuador and will likely pass the halfway point of Ecuador sometime this coming Saturday (or Sunday if we have another slow week). We have a CRAW total of 3,362 miles completed, and the prediction models are showing that we should finish Region 2 between 12/14 and 12/16. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is showing a bit above 1 year 6 months based on our average daily team mileage (54.2 miles per day).

Happy running/walking everyone!

Progress2020-11-01.png

I have been struggling through a strained calf the last two weeks. It is getting much better and I ran for the first time today. Walking seemed to be fine so I have trained to walk a bit more. But happy to share i got in a 9 mile run today. It was slow but my calf felt good. Very happy.

Got my medal today. I have to admit living the bling. Excited to see the other parts and putting it all together when we get around the world!

I have been struggling through a strained calf the last two weeks. It is getting much better and I ran for the first time today. Walking seemed to be fine so I have trained to walk a bit more. But happy to share i got in a 9 mile run today. It was slow but my calf felt good. Very happy.

Got my medal today. I have to admit living the bling. Excited to see the other parts and putting it all together when we get around the world!

Week 10 Update
Another fairly light week for the team. We did have several of us participate, either formally or informally, in the Wine & Dine virtual races this past weekend. For the week, we achieved the following:
  • Most excitingly, I think many of us received our Region 1 medals. As big as Disney medals? No, but when the puzzle all fits together, they should be a sight to see.
  • Crossed the halfway point in Ecuador (Saturday)
  • @avondale completed the Bucks County Marathon (Sunday)
As of end of day yesterday, we were 395 miles into Ecuador and will likely cross the border into Peru on Thursday. We have a CRAW total of 3,758 miles completed, and the prediction models are showing that we should finish Region 2 between 12/12 and 12/14. For the entire CRAW, the prediction model is showing about 1 year 6.5 months total based on our average daily team mileage (54.4 miles per day).

Hope everyone has a great week this week!

Progress2020-11-08.png

My race report for the Bucks County Marathon is on my training journal: https://www.disboards.com/threads/avondale-training-journal-starting-dec-2018.3725621/post-62457321

Unfortunately for CRAW, my watch battery died at mile 25.5, so I missed out on a bit of distance to contribute! :)

I've done four marathons now, and three of the four have been signficantly unseasonably warm and full Sun. I am thinking that in the future if you know I'm signing up for a marathon, expect it to be extra warm - I apparently bring the curse with me!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!